The Thundermans Return (Paramount+, 2024)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

No release date yet, but I just noticed that this was going to be happening pretty soon!

"On March 2, 2023, it was announced that Nickelodeon greenlit a film titled The Thundermans Return, starring returning cast members Kira Kosarin, Jack Griffo, Addison Riecke, Diego Velazquez, Maya Le Clark, Chris Tallman, and Rosa Blasi. Filming began in Los Angeles in April 2023. On June 21, 2023, it was announced that the film will be released on Paramount+ in 2024."

Kira was super hot in that costume.
It's pretty much perfectly tight all over (the classic color scheme looks quite a bit like the Power Angel costumes from Hypnotics World, but I'm sure great minds just think alike!)
Hopefully there will be another appearance of Evil Phoebe as well.
There were nearly 100 episodes of that show, so I'm sure Nickelodeon kept the costume wardrobe.

When a trailer comes out, I'll top this again.
bebbf51059960bb8baafcbde4a1e19dc.jpg
bebbf51059960bb8baafcbde4a1e19dc.jpg (44.98 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
Evil_Phoebe_Monica_Rachel_Thunderman.jpg
Evil_Phoebe_Monica_Rachel_Thunderman.jpg (268.84 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

The tv series was kind of silly but enjoyable afterall, considering the public it was aimed to.
Kira being a 26 years old lady now, looks even more amazing :)

Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I loved the Thundermans and was sorry to see it end. I would love for the show to comeback.
shevek
Producer
Producer

It's out! Came out March 7 on Paramount+ and Nickelodeon. Already found it on the waves and I'll be watching it tonight!
There are at least four superheroines in spandex in this movie. Just what we need to clear the palate from the bad taste of Madame Web.

Wikipedia page for the background on the flick: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thundermans_Return
The_Thundermans_Return.jpg
The_Thundermans_Return.jpg (100.01 KiB) Viewed 385 times
The city is saved...with hotness!
Thunder Force.jpg
Thunder Force.jpg (129.29 KiB) Viewed 382 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Quick review:

This was fun. Don't expect anything deep. It's for a Nickelodeon audience, and even has a laugh track.

Addison Riecke, who plays the younger sister Laser Girl, has grown (she is 20) and filled out nicely. She looks cute enough in her tight costume, although she is not nearly as hot as Kira Kosarin.
laser girl.jpg
laser girl.jpg (30.95 KiB) Viewed 258 times
There is one supervillainess, and she is mildly cute: She-Crab, portrayed by actress Brittany Bardwell. I would assume that she is the one nod to 'diversity hiring' in the cast, because her father (the villain King Crab from the original series) is definitely not black. She had potential as a airhead character who talks almost entirely in 'zoomer-speak' (she reminds me a bit of Zari from Legends of Tomorrow) but it's wasted by her terrible costume. It's obvious they didn't think very hard about new costuming beyond the standard Thundermans uniforms.
she-crab.jpg
she-crab.jpg (49.63 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Phoebe (Kira Kosarin) is in costume quite a lot. In the opening battle scene, and then liberally sprinkled throughout the movie.
In the climactic battle scene, there are some great views of Kira in the costume from many different angles.
Here's a good example!
sexy phoebe.jpg
sexy phoebe.jpg (34.1 KiB) Viewed 258 times
By 36:00, Phoebe and Max are tied up and held captive by the villains.
By 38:00, they're in peril in a torture chamber in the villain's lair - the scenario makes fun of the idea of torturing the superhero, which is amusing
(for example, one of the tortures for Phoebe is "Max's old gym socks".)

However, when the scene switches back to the lair again, the peril has suddenly become serious: their see-thru prison is filling up slowly with liquid mercury which will take 12 minutes to suffocate them. Seems like a unique peril. Not even Adam West or Jim Weathers thought of that one!
max and phoebe in the mercury trap.jpg
max and phoebe in the mercury trap.jpg (119.65 KiB) Viewed 258 times
When they finally figure out a way out of the mercury trap, they go from the frying pan into the fire when the villains have rigged their lair to blow up with Phoebe and Max inside. The iron doors of the lair locking them in is hilarious.
rigging the lair to blow up.jpg
rigging the lair to blow up.jpg (44.43 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Anyway, Thundermans to the rescue!
Thundermans to the rescue.jpg
Thundermans to the rescue.jpg (57.96 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Overall, I have to give this a thumbs-up. It has all the components of a superhero film, it's campy and funny, and there are hot heroines in it.
Plus absolutely no injected intersectional claptrap agenda. Recommended to watch one for a fun time.

Plus, the ending points to a sequel in which their little bunny mascot, Dr. Colosso, gets back into the supervillain game. Hoping for another one!