Indrani (India, 2023)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Found some good evidence on the web that a production company has been working on releasing what they call
India's first supergirl movie (although I'm not sure that's the case - pretty sure there was a movie called 'Devi' several years ago
starring a woman with superpowers).

This movie is called Indrani, and it is apparently being released in all major Indian film industry languages, but apparently not in English?

https://www.ottplay.com/news/indrani-re ... 19898e5213

Can't really if it's out yet - the article says it was supposed to be released on Oct 27, 2022 but I haven't heard anything about it, leading me to think it may have been delayed? Maybe someone who posts here from India can tell us if it's out, and if so, where to watch it.

Here are some makings-of and trailer from Youtube:

But pretty much nobody has looked at these since last year, leading me to think that it either did not become popular or that maybe they didn't release it. It's not on the site where I source my movies (but then, neither is Sri Asih, and I was able to get that).

Let us know, if you have any ideas!
indrani-514.jpg
indrani-514.jpg (196.66 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
kabir-duhan-singh-453.jpg
kabir-duhan-singh-453.jpg (79.73 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

An interesting find Shevek. I did a hunt around but "Indrani" seems to be in a void somewhere. I tracked down some of the credited names on the poster using IMDB (the villain and the film music composer for example) but this film doesn't appear in their bodies of work, not even by a different name (if the poster thumbnails are anything to go by). Perhaps it's in a post-production phase but at any rate this particular title hasn't been added to the database as being in any stage of production by the looks of it.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
6 months ago
An interesting find Shevek. I did a hunt around but "Indrani" seems to be in a void somewhere. I tracked down some of the credited names on the poster using IMDB (the villain and the film music composer for example) but this film doesn't appear in their bodies of work, not even by a different name (if the poster thumbnails are anything to go by). Perhaps it's in a post-production phase but at any rate this particular title hasn't been added to the database as being in any stage of production by the looks of it.
Yes, it's very interesting. Especially with the claim that it's the first Indian superheroine movie. Whether or not that's accurate, it's still a momentous
occasion if the movie comes out, and I'm sure many of us will want to see it.

I already did the Internet hunt, and I wasn't really looking for someone else to replicate the same hunt, although I appreciate it.
Not everything always goes on IMDB, especially if it's not done yet.

What I was looking for was some confirmation, hopefully from one of our Forum members in India, on whether this movie "Indrani" actually hit the movie theaters yet in India (in any of its planned languages), and if not, if any of our Indian friends could tell us if they've heard whether this movie is still 1) in the post-production stage or 2) perhaps even scrapped for some reason.

The footage from those Youtube videos shows they were definitely doing work on the movie, so someone from that country should hear or know something, hopefully.