Paul McCartney Surprises With 'Pirates 5' Character Poster

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like Paul McCartney is trading in his yellow submarine for a pirate ship.

C_ub869W0AIFW9K.jpg
C_ub869W0AIFW9K.jpg (180.23 KiB) Viewed 2008 times

The Beatle shocked the twitter-verse Saturday when he confirmed his role in the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales via a character poster that sees the 74-year-old in full pirate hair and makeup, the caption reading, simply, “#PiratesLife.”

Disney appeared to confirm the news, sharing the rock star’s post to the film’s official social pages. While there’s no official word yet whether McCartney’s role is merely a cameo or if he plays a larger part in the story of the franchise’s fifth outing, according to IMDb he’s credited as “Jail Guard 2.”

Disney did not immediately return EW’s request for comment.

He’s not the first musician to join the franchise. After years of Johnny Depp telling reporters that he based his characterization of Jack Sparrow partly on Keith Richards, the Rolling Stones guitarist joined the third film, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, as Sparrow’s piratical father Captain Teague.

Once again, the Beatles and the Stones will be pitted against each other — only this time on the high seas.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/m/b9f45 ... -with.html
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Depp is so broke right now. Probably Paul also after his ex wife cleaned his clock. Sad. The last movie was a yawn fest. This franchise is just yesterday's left overs.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Mr. X wrote:Depp is so broke right now. Probably Paul also after his ex wife cleaned his clock. Sad. The last movie was a yawn fest. This franchise is just yesterday's left overs.

As she's only got one leg you'd think his EX would be in this not Mcartney. (She got a payout of £24 million out of a then estimated £700m so I think Sir Paul could cope with the hit - she was pitching for £125m)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:Depp is so broke right now. Probably Paul also after his ex wife cleaned his clock. Sad. The last movie was a yawn fest. This franchise is just yesterday's left overs.
I heard this is a sort of semi reboot, i.e. going back to the original

Suspect the main markets for this are Russia and China and it's not really aimed at the domestic US and western European markets that have Depp fatigue.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

lionbadger wrote:
I heard this is a sort of semi reboot, i.e. going back to the original

Suspect the main markets for this are Russia and China and it's not really aimed at the domestic US and western European markets that have Depp fatigue.
You mean Russia and China are suffering from...wait for it.....DEPP-RAVATION!!! :giggle: :laugh: whereas the West has a DEPPLORABLE surplus of his movies!
Huh? Yeah? That works , right?

I'm sorry I've not been well. Even I'm ashamed of that one :thumbsdown: :no:

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

Gawdawful Deppredations, just reading this thread....

JF
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote: You mean Russia and China are suffering from...wait for it.....DEPP-RAVATION!!! :giggle: :laugh: whereas the West has a DEPPLORABLE surplus of his movies!
Huh? Yeah? That works , right?

I'm sorry I've not been well. Even I'm ashamed of that one :thumbsdown: :no:
Have you no shame sir!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Very little, and certainly no self-respect

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
7 years ago

As she's only got one leg you'd think his EX would be in this not Mcartney. (She got a payout of £24 million out of a then estimated £700m so I think Sir Paul could cope with the hit - she was pitching for £125m)
Well, Heather can stand on her own two feet with £24 million.

Oh, maybe not. :no:

As for McCartney's appearance, he worked with Depp last year on the Hollywood Vampires album. (Depp's super-group with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry. )

Don't bother with the album unless you're a real Alice Cooper completist who likes to hear a load of cover versions with some massively inappropriate snarling vocals. Except for the batshit mental 'comedy' voice Alice does on The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Manic Depression, which has to be heard to be believed.

It's no Billion Dollar Babies, that's for sure.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."