Does anyone remember...?

General discussions about superheroines!
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I have a very hazy memory of the cast of ElectraWoman & DynaGirl competing in a show called (I think) "All-Star Anything Goes." It was aired in 1977. The show was a lame version of Wipeout/American Ninja with tasks that were more wacky and off-beat than difficult. I think there were a lot of relay race variations. It was a spin-off from "Almost Anything Goes," which pitted teams of weekend warriors from various cities.

I remember the ElectraWoman team being Deidre Hall (ElectraWoman), Judy Strangis (DynaGirl), Norman Alden (Frank Heflin), and Jane Elliot (Cleopatra). I've looked online and can only find the episode of the New Mouseketeers against Little House on the Prairie.

I was just wondering if anyone else remembers anything. Thanks for your time!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I remember Challenge of the Network Stars which had Linda Carter doing some swimming race. I'm sure a lot of that stuff is gone now.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

A lot is gone, for sure. But not all. Here's Lynda Carter in the swim relay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDgrwDfowKk
CrimsonMaster
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Challenge of the Network Stars, also goes by the name Battle of the Network Stars. I believe only the second show in the series went with 'challenge' in the title. A guy had posted many of the old shows on youtube. From the first show in 76 to the early 80's. He didn't get them all posted. Since I watched them months ago. The shows have been removed and he's been banned. There were so many hot ladies on battle/challenge. As for 'All Star Anything Goes' ? Never herd of it. I would have watched it for shits and giggles. Hell, I watched Legends of the Superheroes, when that came out in 1979.
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

The golden age of network TV! looks like they all were having fun.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

I remember Gil Gerard being on one of those, and the stars from the other team singing "Buck Rogers, Buck Rogers, Buck Rogers! The All-American Boy!" to mess with his concentration.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I liked the time where Robert Conrad was team leader for NBC and they placed a little NBC logo block on his shoulder in an imitation of his battery commercial.

Plus all the ladies sitting in the dunking tank just giving incentive to hit that target. One actor turned to the crowd afterwards and told them I know you want her to go in.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

tamonicus wrote:I have a very hazy memory of the cast of ElectraWoman & DynaGirl competing in a show called (I think) "All-Star Anything Goes." It was aired in 1977. The show was a lame version of Wipeout/American Ninja with tasks that were more wacky and off-beat than difficult. I think there were a lot of relay race variations. It was a spin-off from "Almost Anything Goes," which pitted teams of weekend warriors from various cities.

I remember the ElectraWoman team being Deidre Hall (ElectraWoman), Judy Strangis (DynaGirl), Norman Alden (Frank Heflin), and Jane Elliot (Cleopatra). I've looked online and can only find the episode of the New Mouseketeers against Little House on the Prairie.

I was just wondering if anyone else remembers anything. Thanks for your time!

I remember "Almost Anything Goes" and a a kids version of it, but not a celebrity show.
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wonder Woman looks taller than 5'8".