"Nightshadow" Theatrical Feature Film

General discussions about superheroines!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Hey everyone!

So this has been a concept we've been holding on the back burner for years (literally) and when we first announced it, there was a lot of contention from many individuals but also a lot of support from others. Well, we have finally decided to pull the trigger on this: A Mainstream Superheroine-in-Peril film.

This will be my 5th feature film (we have 3 in post-production right now and a 4th to shoot in the interim [January 2016]) and we will be aiming for full theatrical distribution through our contacts at Sony and Universal. For those of you who do not know this, my team is responsible for many of the US and Latin music videos that are released through those music labels. "Nightshadow" will be filmed on 3 RED Cameras and we intend to employ at least 30 crew along with a slew of actors to bring this comic book world to life!

Some of my team are traveling with me tomorrow to a city in Texas which we've decided to make into our own setting - our Gotham or Metropolis (not a copy of either, just in the sense that this is going to be the world where everything takes place). This is our second trip there - we were there early in 2014 to discuss filming a movie and were granted (basically) the key to the city. Originally, that film was going to be a Romantic Comedy. We are currently on the last few production days [4] of that Romantic Comedy which we instead filmed mostly in Phoenix, Arizona because we saw more potential for this city in Texas to be the home of our first completely Mainstream Superheroine.

The concept, loosely, will include a girl who grew up on the streets. She has no super powers and is not rich (which makes her like no other superhero lol) and must rely on her wiles, smarts, and skills/training to survive. She has become a vigilante of sorts and goes by the name "Nightshadow". There will be a subplot which includes an assassin known as "Thorne". Also making a cameo will be a new version of "The Omega Soldier". As you can see, certain existing original characters from our Heroine Legends universe will be making a reprisal into this film. They will be new versions of themselves to fit the new world and storyline.

There will be a lot of peril in this film - that has been the biggest question amongst those who I speak about the film with... AOH, electric torture, beat down, and other perils that will befall our heroine. Because she is not super strong and has no supernatural abilities (so to say), she will be subjected to tortures and thrown through the ringer throughout her quest to be the hero of the film.

We have not yet cast either of these two heroines - we do know that this heroine will not be any actress you have seen from our productions past or present, however, other actors and actresses will make their appearances throughout the film as various characters. We will be casting girls who are attractive, in-shape, and have extensive martial arts training - who look great on film and have true acting chops.

We will be accepting submission ideas soon if you would like to help us design the costumes for Nightshadow, Thorne, and The Omega Soldier. There is no pay-- if you decide to donate, it's because you want to be a part of the making - we will of course give a shout out in the credits. There is no obligation here and an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) will need to be signed if we choose your design, even as reference. Nightshade's costume will include leather and be black and dark purple. Thorne will include black and dark metallic blue to pay homage to her original costume.

There will be a Kickstarter Campaign for this - to raise the budget for this film. We are speaking with a few investors as well as using the profits from theSuperheroines.com project to fund this film. We will be aiming for a target budget of $500,000 which seems like a lot to some, but for the film world, it's really not that much. This budget will allow for awesome stunts and rigging, transportation for more actors to be a part of this film, nicely designed and created costumes and props, a camera upgrade for the A-Camera (Epic to Epic Dragon), and a few other production expenses which will allow us to truly capture the gritty world that we intend to show in this film.

The intention is to create our own "Cinematic Universe" of superheroes/superheroines starting with the new trash-talking Nightshadow and then a spin-off with Thorne who will then allow the entrances of other original heroines such as Allura, Shadowgirl, & Infinity as well as allow for villains such as Dragos, Enigma, Bulge, DONA, and Tony to cross-over. All will of course have revamped costumes which, if necessary, will be altered to avoid any copyright issues (e.g. Shadowgirl).

I will update this thread once we start putting together the campaign for Kickstarter for this film. It's a very large production and we finally feel we are ready to pursue this venture. If you have any questions about this project, please feel free to ask-- we're only 5 short months away from production and we're starting pre-production on this tomorrow! This is a very exciting endeavor for our team and the opportunity to allow us to show you guys what we can do when we're spending more than 6 hours filming a Superheroine concept!

Again, we plan to start filming in March/April 2016!!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Best of luck for it.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).