Supergirl as the Villain

General discussions about superheroines!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

I don't want to give away too many details, but I'm thinking of having a series (could be Cross the Line or Rapture) where there is a group of Supergirls who are all villains instead of Heroines. What are your thoughts on Supergirl NEVER being the heroine in a series?
Ripper1
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Oh Bring it on , nothing finer than a goody gone bad, it creates so many possibilities :)
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Perhaps something could be done along the lines of showing Supergirl going bad. What would influence her to become a villain? Perhaps some moral decay? A streak of arrogance?
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

If she's corrupted into turning evil by another villainess, not necessarily through sexual means, but maybe through a combination of whatever radiation + lots of smooth talking, namely the villainess turning her righteous principles around and convincing her (while under the pressure of the said radiation) that the darkside is better, then sure, bring it on!
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

As you want to use a group of villainess, why wouldn't you try to mix the type of superheroines ? I mean, instead of having ONLY Supergirls, I find it more interesting to have a team more diversified (Dark Supergirl, Dark WW, Dark Black Canary for example...). I know Supergirl sells well but you already have plenty of them (Vega, Dark Vega, Olympia, Moonstar, Angelstar, Firestar and Tempest).
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

310px-Dark_Supergirl.jpg
310px-Dark_Supergirl.jpg (54.13 KiB) Viewed 2433 times
https://www.google.com/search?q=dark+supergirl

https://www.google.com/search?q=dark+supergirl+youtube

Dark Supergirl. Evil Wonder Woman. Evil versions are always fun. Is this "group of" going to be the villains in your Netflix show VAPOR?
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

This has nothing to do with VALOR. We have been thinking that it would be interesting if the supergirls came to the planet to take over it. No conversion, they were never good.

The heroines would be based on the other heroines out there, but all supergirls would be completely evil and sadistic.

Could be PG-13 or R/X-rated...
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The narrative problem with main characters who are "completely evil and sadistic" is that the viewer is being asked to identify with them and follow their story. When Hannibal Lecter and the vampire Lestat got their own spin-offs, the former villains were revised as anti-heroes who only kill deserving victims.

Villains who are evil for the sake of being evil are just so one-dimensional. Which is fine for short fetish videos, but not so good for an ongoing series which requires character development.

The truly disturbing villains are the ones who think they're doing the "right" thing.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This sounds like just another idea tidbit you're throwing out there. War of the Worlds with the aliens being evil alien supergirls instead of funky looking creatures. Sure you can make something out of that, whether it's worth the time to spend on versus something better is your call. If it were me, and I could get a movie or TV series on Netflix, I'd be concentratiing on VAPOR and making it the best it can be.
Last edited by theScribbler 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:The narrative problem with main characters who are "completely evil and sadistic" is that the viewer is being asked to identify with them and follow their story. When Hannibal Lecter and the vampire Lestat got their own spin-offs, the former villains were revised as anti-heroes who only kill deserving victims.

Villains who are evil for the sake of being evil are just so one-dimensional. Which is fine for short fetish videos, but not so good for an ongoing series which requires character development.

The truly disturbing villains are the ones who think they're doing the "right" thing.
Their purpose is to be the Gods they think they are and to syphon as much power as they can. They believe they deserve respect so humiliating and submission is a big part of their motivation. They are not the main characters. The Heroines are still the ones to follow, but we want every villainess in power to be a form of Supergirl - we are just getting some feedback and deciding whether to make this the concept for the adult content or not - I personally like the idea - I'm tired of seeing the same old innocent Supergirl... just like when I created Super vs Evil on my PG-13 side, I wanted to see a black Supergirl and a blonde Wonder Woman ;)
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Injustice - Gods Among Us showed how you can make a pretty convincing evil Superman story. So yeah, I like the idea, but the way its excecuted in the end, is more important than just the concept of an evil heroine
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

A superheroine gone bad is always fun and there are so many reasons to use for her "breaking" and turning to the darkside.

After watching Lady Wonders last HK appearance where Kelly really played on the god side of her character and forced on Minx how powerful she was I immediately thought how cool it would be to have Lady Wonder go bad but in a way that she stlil felt she was being good.

Like she was so disappointed with the recent crop of superheroines that kept letting evil win that she went around "teaching" superheroines a lesson in combat thinking she was helping improve them when all along she was simply beating them down and inflicting physical and mental pain on them.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Depending on who the heroine might be, I would suggest that the evil Supergirls come to the heroine's assistance in a situation where the heroine is being attacked by a male villain. The Supergirls initially show up to help the heroine, but they tell the heroine that she needs to stop being so passive and allowing these types of male villains to give the impression that heroines like her are vulnerable. Furthermore, they tell the heroine that she either needs to completely crush her enemies or quit fighting entirely. The Supergirls could also point out how the heroine dresses in sexy attire, yet never acts the part. They might question her attire, suggesting that part of the reason they (the Supergirls) dress the way they do is because they 1) know it distracts their male enemies, and 2) if they feel like hooking up, it's not hard to make that happen.
The heroine tries to explain how things are done and tries to defend her wearing the sexy, skimpy attire and FMBs, but the Supergirls refuse to hear her out. Instead, they attack her, asking her how she would defend herself against them if she's unwilling to take more severe measures. From there the fight would ensue, during which the Supergirls could tease the heroine and mock her outfit not matching her attitude.

Just a thought to perhaps get things going...
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Tuathal
Henchman
Henchman

isn't this what your Dark Vega character is all about?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Tuathal wrote:isn't this what your Dark Vega character is all about?
Dark Vega is a clone of a Heroine. This concept doesn't have anything to do with ever being good. There's no conflict with herself or anyone like her. She would be more comparable to Loki, if anyone.

Dark Vega's personality is also not pure evil. She is conflicted without a morality compass since she was cloned-- therefore, she has no actual life experiences prior to that moment. She is irrational, overly passionate, and raw... because there are no memories or ideas of consequence instilled in her from her past.