Batgirl costume

General discussions about superheroines!
Alex David
Producer
Producer

Hi Guys!

I'm planning a video with my Lovely model Selene as batgirl(esque) but I don't know which costume to get, do you like the black leather style? or the purple and yellow one? Or is there one I don't know about?

Suggestions, pictures, links welcome!

thanks!
-Alex David

Selene as SpiderGirl:
http://www.shg-media.com/?PageID=produc ... 4197097483
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

Purple Yellow!!!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

One thing is the purple and yellow cape one is probably easier to put together where the leather one might be more problematic. But the purple one has fans and they are pretty particular in how it should look.
flagonforge
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

DrObiCaffi wrote:Purple Yellow!!!
concur
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Anything but that black trashbag BG costume.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I like the purple and yellow like Yvonne Craig wore but I also think the Batwoman outfit that Kendra James has is very hot!
But I must confess I do not know anything about Batwoman at all.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

rayman wrote:I like the purple and yellow like Yvonne Craig wore but I also think the Batwoman outfit that Kendra James has is very hot!
But I must confess I do not know anything about Batwoman at all.
What's to know? She's a lesbian crimefightress from Gotham that looks exactly like Kendra does in that costume. Nuff said!
As knotty as I wanna be! http://www.clips4sale.com/store/10033
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

Somebody could try the alternate reality version from the new 52 if they wanted to do something different. Or possible the Blonde Stephanie Brown batgirl suit which a lot of cosplayers use but I don't think I've seen it in a fetish video yet.
Attachments
Batgirl-27-Cover.jpg
Batgirl-27-Cover.jpg (215.1 KiB) Viewed 8946 times
000alicia.jpg
000alicia.jpg (99.67 KiB) Viewed 8946 times
blurb9
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

The classic purple Batgirl catsuit on the TV series has many fans, no doubt.

The gray catsuit from the comics has not been used much in parody films that I am aware of and so would have some uniqueness that way.

But personally speaking the black catsuit is my favorite. :-)

The Halloween costume miniskirt, however, just is not Batgirl, and seems to provoke negative comments on reviews when it gets used in parody films instead of a catsuit costume.

The most recent Batwoman from the comics has a black catsuit with red instead of yellow accessories, and looks great.

Personally speaking, the Stephanie Brown era blonde Batgirl attempt to replace Barbara Gordon as Batgirl was not my favorite, and that may have turned me off somewhat against the black/purple catsuit. The fact that DC eventually dropped her and went back to the original Barbara with a black catsuit may mean enough people agreed with me to drive a business decision. ;-)
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Somebody could try the alternate reality version from the new 52 if they wanted to do something different. Or possible the Blonde Stephanie Brown batgirl suit which a lot of cosplayers use but I don't think I've seen it in a fetish video yet.

I did a two-parter with Alisa Kiss in the Stephanie Brown Batgirl costume. It did remarkably well for me saleswise. It's a good costume for fighting and for outdoor work, but I also have to admit a preferential love for the purple-and-yellow costume instead. Hence the photo of iKearstin as Batgirl from "Felonius Fiends Hatch Their Plan / Batgirl's Forced To Make Her Stand"
Attachments
alisa_batgirl.jpg
alisa_batgirl.jpg (50.52 KiB) Viewed 8889 times
sample_MH_bg_kearstin.jpg
sample_MH_bg_kearstin.jpg (446.12 KiB) Viewed 8889 times
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I love purple. It's my favorite color. So I'd go with that one, except that it's done to death!
If you've got a big budget for the costume, I'd actually like so see someone do a really good version of the gray version from the comic books. Hardly anyone does that, and the few I have seen have no been done very well.

But really, as long as it's skin-tight, sleek, and sexy, it doesn't matter all that much. :)
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Vivian Ireene Pierce is doing the grey version from the comic books, red purse and everything, for Fetishcon 2014. She's working on a sculpting for the utility belt and mask and now she's waiting on the fabric for the bat-cape.
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

Shakeshift wrote:Somebody could try the alternate reality version from the new 52 if they wanted to do something different. Or possible the Blonde Stephanie Brown batgirl suit which a lot of cosplayers use but I don't think I've seen it in a fetish video yet.

I did a two-parter with Alisa Kiss in the Stephanie Brown Batgirl costume. It did remarkably well for me saleswise. It's a good costume for fighting and for outdoor work[/b][/color]
Cool, I've wanted to shoot with her ever since I took that picture of her at the Boston Wizard world a few years back. Just another model that never really comes up my way.
:weep:
blurb9
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Shakeshift wrote:/snip/ Hence the photo of iKearstin as Batgirl from "Felonius Fiends Hatch Their Plan / Batgirl's Forced To Make Her Stand"

I searched and did not find the above. Would you have a link?
centurion200
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

The gray bodysuit was the sexiest. Must have a full cowl with long red hair flowing, too.

The purple Yvonne Craig style is a distant second. Looks atrocious if it's not tight and has too muck slack like the one Cali wears.

Hate the black leather, bondage style versions. Not feminine, not sexy.
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

I thought Dina Meyer's suit from birds of prey was awesome, second only to Yvonne. If only the cowl were smoother.
Attachments
00000000bg.jpg
00000000bg.jpg (105.13 KiB) Viewed 8774 times
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Meh. The whole costume is too thick and bulky. Which is too bad, because I LOVE Dina Meyer.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Could give the old classic grey and blue Batgirl suit a try.
jones
Neophyte
Neophyte

Purple costume and do a video where you take off her Utility belt only and leave the rest of the costume please.
Unmaskee
Henchman
Henchman

blurb9 wrote:
Shakeshift wrote:/snip/ Hence the photo of iKearstin as Batgirl from "Felonius Fiends Hatch Their Plan / Batgirl's Forced To Make Her Stand"

Yes. I was curious too.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote:Meh. The whole costume is too thick and bulky. Which is too bad, because I LOVE Dina Meyer.
I agree. I don't personally like the "body armor" costume used in Birds of Prey either. Also, the cowl is way too helmety for me.

The 1960s Yvonne Craig suit is OK, but I would much prefer to see nylon-clad legs. And the cowl is too rigid and hat-like.

I've made my thoughts well known on this in the past, but my favorite Batgirl-style costume of all time is the Knightwoman costume worn by Emily Addison in The Rise of Cleopatra.

The costume just looks so much more feminine with the legs on display and a skintight mask that accentuates the wearer's head and neck.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
blurb9
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

blurb9 wrote:

Hi, Shakeshift,
Is this available?
Thank you, and have a great day
Alex David
Producer
Producer

Everyone loves purple...

What about black? More Huntress style?

That Mask is awesome! in the Emily Addison in The Rise of Cleopatra picture.
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:
TIEnTEEZ wrote:Meh. The whole costume is too thick and bulky. Which is too bad, because I LOVE Dina Meyer.
I agree. I don't personally like the "body armor" costume used in Birds of Prey either. Also, the cowl is way too helmety for me.
It's a leather suit. How is that body armor?
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

knottyguy wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote:
Leather was commonly used are armor throughout the middle ages. It's very thick, hard, leather.
thelordharry
Henchman
Henchman

Go for something similar to the Batgirl costume that Knotty Guy uses. The Yvonne Craig and joke shop bin liner Batgirl costume have been done to death already :)
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
knottyguy wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote:
Leather was commonly used are armor throughout the middle ages. It's very thick, hard, leather.
Have to disagree. That's not the thick conditioned leather they make armor out of. Also only the corset and gloves look to be leather the legs and arms look like black spandex.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

knottyguy wrote:
TIEnTEEZ wrote:
knottyguy wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote:
Have to disagree. That's not the thick conditioned leather they make armor out of. Also only the corset and gloves look to be leather the legs and arms look like black spandex.
To each his own. But to me, it looks like she has a bullet-proof crotch. :-P
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Who says it isn't some kind of synthetic material that is armored? Batwoman has a nano-tube reinforced material costume that is bullet proof but looks no different than ordinary spandex. *shrug* Doesn't have to look armored to be armor. :)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It's got (or gives the impression of) multiple 'layers' in parts like at the shoulder and over her breasts to act presumably as extra protection. Ergo, armoured suit seems a reasonable description as opposed to a single layer leather body suit.
If you put Dina Meyers suit next to the Baroness' for example and said which one is 'armoured' leather , it'd be a pretty obvious choice, likewise Craig's Batsuit so I would say 'armoured' is fair enough to describe it.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

knottyguy wrote:It's a leather suit. How is that body armor?

Haven't all the live-action black batsuits since 1989 been bullet-proof armor, across the Burton/Schumacher series, Birds of Prey and the Nolan trilogy? The main body of Dina's suit is essentially a recolored version of Alicia Silverstone's suit from Batman & Robin.

Regardless, it was the bulky look of the BoP Batgirl suit that doesn't appeal to me personally. I prefer thinner skintight fabric which shows off the wearer's natural curves.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
SeleneDrake
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Chances are we won't be using anything thicker that could look like the more armored suits because it would just be too hard to move around in...so far my favorite is the costume from Rise of Cleopatra. Do you guys think black boots and gauntlets would ruin the look (instead of the purple)? What about sheer flesh tights vs sheer purple? And do you like it better when the mask piece is more like a helmet or when it wraps around the throat too like Emily's?

Sorry for all the questions! I just want to make sure I have a great costume :)
xoxo, Selene
labink61
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Nothing is sexier than a skintight purple costume on a woman
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just my opinion, but I'm not a big fan of sheer tights of any color. What's the point of them being sheer? If you're gonna wear tights, go all the way, make them opaque.
smashTFC
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Black boots would make it look even hotter in my opinion
The Fembot Lab
[urlhttp://thefembotlab.deviantart.com/[/url]
fog
Henchman
Henchman

Nothing beats Purple?Yellow!
Elseph
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I think Black boots & gauntlets would look great! Yellow could also work. I also like the idea of sheer flesh colored tights, not a fan of colored tights.
SeleneDrake
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

What about mask style? Just the face, partial head covering or full hooded?
xoxo, Selene
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

SeleneDrake wrote:What about mask style? Just the face, partial head covering or full hooded?
My preference is the skintight style of mask used in MH's KnightWoman videos. It shows the perfect amount of skin to see the wearer's beauty while having good coverage of her throat. Also, it can be pulled and stretched nicely for unmasking scenes.

A lot of the other Batgirl-style masks look too much like hats or helmets for my liking.
SeleneDrake
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I liked a black leather mask I found that covered the eyes and some hair... I know it doesn't stretch, but would that be better than just an eye mask?
xoxo, Selene
Alex David
Producer
Producer

Selene's new video coming soon. We tried out this version of a costume. What do you all think? I think we could add a mask (of course) and at bat symbol.
Attachments
big.jpg
big.jpg (23.76 KiB) Viewed 7735 times
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Love it. Definitely needs a good mask.
Not sure where you would put the bat symbol. Not much room there with that cutout. And IMO, you don't need it. :)
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Really like it, just needs a decent mask, something sort of like what was in the recent Redwing video, don't want to hide too much of her face.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

I thought Bluestone's version of Batgirl was pretty good. The mask was also pretty good in their videos.