Supergirl vs Wonder Woman - who would win?

General discussions about superheroines!

WW vs SG : who would win?

SG
47%
WW
49%
a draw
4%

Total votes: 94
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I have a DC comic where they fight, but turns out they're just pretending.

Is there a comic, movie where they battle for real, are mad at each other, are enemies?
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Supergirl is mine
Elder Member
Elder Member

Unless Wonder Woman had some kryptonite to hand i think Supergirl would win
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Wonder Woman has a couple of advantages. She is an experienced warrior whose powers are gifted by the Gods. Thus WW is a magic based heroine in a sense making her blows probably a bit more effective against Supergirl than another villain with similar strength. Diana's lasso of course is a major game changer. Once that gets wrapped around Supergirl its basically over.

Supergirl though is....Supergirl. She's got all of Superman's abilities and those are nothing to slouch at. She will be at least as strong as WW if not stronger. I'd say SG probably is a better flyer than Wonder Woman. While she wouldn't be as experienced as WW her youth would probably give her some extra tenancy. Of course she has her weakness to Kryptonite or Red Sun but I don't think WW would use those in a fight.

Basically its a real close call. I could have voted for draw but, I'm a Supergirl fan through and through so Kara gets my vote.

Team SG :smart:
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Ben R
Neophyte
Neophyte

I voted for Supergirl because she could move at super speed, go behind Wonder Woman and snap her neck with her super strength before Wonder Woman could even blink. Wonder Woman could have all the training in the world but it wouldn't help in that situation.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Ben R wrote:I voted for Supergirl because she could move at super speed, go behind Wonder Woman and snap her neck with her super strength before Wonder Woman could even blink. Wonder Woman could have all the training in the world but it wouldn't help in that situation.
Yep, plus freeze her with her breath or blow her around or depending how life or death the fight was, my own personal favourite, boil her blood with her heat vision. Or spin like buggery and create a vortex that tosses her around like a rag doll.
In fact there's a host of non contact ways she could cook Wondie's goose that make the strength irrelevant. As she can move faster than a speeding bullet I don't envisage her having trouble outrunning a lazily thrown lasso. Plus she can speed in and whip her belt off in a blink of an eye.
Or speaking of eyes Sg could blind Wondie with her laser vision.

Only ever one winner here.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I voted for Wonder Woman. Diana is very intelligent and would outwit Kara.
Last edited by Deceiver 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

I agree with most of what sgz said, but I would give it to Wonder Woman due to her Amazon training and fighting skills. Basically, Wonder Woman was raised in a physical environment where she was physically tested, while Supergirl wasn't.

As far as speed, Wonder Woman also possesses superspeed.
Superman246o1
Henchman
Henchman

There's a reason Wonder Woman is one of DC's Big Three. While Supergirl is not as powerful as her Kryptonian cousin, Wonder Woman has held her own against Superman several times in canon. It would be an epic fight, but in the end, Diana's lifetime of martial training would provide her with enough of an edge to win.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The real question is who would win between Lizzie Borden and Ann Frank?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Mr. X wrote:The real question is who would win between Lizzie Borden and Ann Frank?
Class.!

Wondie's Super speed was mentioned but I just thought she had faster reactions and 'Super' speed relative to humans, not faster- than- a- speeding- bullet sort of super speed like Sg?
Or is that not the case.? (genuine question.)As if she has that sort of speed why does she need bracelets to deflect bullets? She could just dodge them.
As if it's someone who is a bit quicker than normal against someone who is really that quick then as I say only one winner for me.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Up until the new 52 WW was boasting she was second only to the flash and she was faster than superman. I guess it all depends which WW and SG you use.

If anyone watches the Venture Bros. they'll know my reference. The henchmen arguing in the car.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah, superspeed would seem to mean SM, SG and the Flash would be able to dodge anything, yet they seem to take hits often enough.

If WW didn't deflect all bullets shot at her, and some got passed her, would they just bounce off her body, or would they go through her and damage internal organs, and possibly kill her?

Also, has it ever been explained why SM and SG can fly off into outer space and don't have to breathe?
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Depends on the era. Silver age SM was essentially God moving blue giants and planets. They toned him down so he could only survive as long as he could hold his breath which was about 1/2 hour. As for the new 52, DC only knows and more than likely he's bee tuned way down.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would say WW would win...once she roped sweet little innocent blonde SG with her magic lasso, she would be able to make her do what she wants and reveal that she is really in love with WW.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

WW is also a much much better fighter. If superman had no powers Batman would beat him to a pulp. Wonder Woman is training as an amazon 24/7. SG maybe stronger but she probably wouldn't land a punch. WW would just whittle her down.
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

WW is stronger, faster and a much better fighter. While SG has a few powers WW doesn't they wouldn't help much. Super breath wouldn't affect WW. She's too powerful to be blown away, she would just break any ice caused by freeze breath and she has deflected Superman's heat vision with her bracelets plus she has at least as much resistance to heat and cold as SG or SM so it probably wouldn't hurt her anyways. SG would put up a valiant fight but she'd lose.
As knotty as I wanna be! http://www.clips4sale.com/store/10033
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

The people watching!
korda
Henchman
Henchman

Besides all her skills in combat, Wonder Woman tiara can slice kryptonian skin.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

knottyguy wrote:WW is stronger, faster and a much better fighter. While SG has a few powers WW doesn't they wouldn't help much. Super breath wouldn't affect WW. She's too powerful to be blown away, she would just break any ice caused by freeze breath and she has deflected Superman's heat vision with her bracelets plus she has at least as much resistance to heat and cold as SG or SM so it probably wouldn't hurt her anyways. SG would put up a valiant fight but she'd lose.

Yet she is constantly taken down by a bloke who stands behind her with a cloth?
Which she is neither fast enough to avoid nor strong enough to pull the arm away?

Sg can use her powers simultaneously breath-vision-strength etc but I like to think the fact that she's a stunning blonde who will awake WWs latent lesbian tendencies thereby slowing down her reactions would prove a decisive advantage.
:thumbup:

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Helen Slater's SG would probably win against Lynda Carter's WW. Neither of them seemed to have any fight training, But SG could fly, and WW only jump, so SG could grab WW from behind, fly way up in the air and drop WW in a volcano, or fly really fast horizontally and release WW into a wall or building. On the other hand, Helen Slater's SG would probably be way to nice to do that. Someone would have to trick her into putting on the red ring from Smallville.

Speaking of the cloth, did WW in comics get the cloth, cause I thought it was only Lynda's WW that got taken down that way?
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
powerman
Henchman
Henchman

Supergirl would surely use her super speed to rip WW's belt off?
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
knottyguy wrote:WW is stronger, faster and a much better fighter. While SG has a few powers WW doesn't they wouldn't help much. Super breath wouldn't affect WW. She's too powerful to be blown away, she would just break any ice caused by freeze breath and she has deflected Superman's heat vision with her bracelets plus she has at least as much resistance to heat and cold as SG or SM so it probably wouldn't hurt her anyways. SG would put up a valiant fight but she'd lose.

Which she is neither fast enough to avoid nor strong enough to pull the arm away?

That only happened very early in the comics and in the TV series (and fetish films where it also happens to SG) where WW was extremely depowered. WW was far more powerful in the comics and DC has kept amping their heroes up over the past few decades. WW is their #1 female. She's come along way since those early comics that were little more than a bondage outlet for her creator.
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

powerman wrote:Supergirl would surely use her super speed to rip WW's belt off?
That Belt thing is only from the TV show. If you go by that version of WW she wouldn't stand a chance but the current comic version is faster than SG and could'nt care less if she's wearing her belt.
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

korda wrote:Besides all her skills in combat, Wonder Woman tiara can slice kryptonian skin.
This is true. She slash Superman's throat in an alternate universe story once.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

knottyguy wrote:
That Belt thing is only from the TV show. If you go by that version of WW she wouldn't stand a chance but the current comic version is faster than SG and could'nt care less if she's wearing her belt.
What about chloro? Was WW chloro'd in comics, or just the TV show?
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:
knottyguy wrote:
Early days she was. Maybe 3 or 4 times that I remember. You can find the scenes here at sleepycomics.com

http://sleepycomics.com/person.php?name=Wonder%20Woman
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

tallyho wrote:

Sg can use her powers simultaneously breath-vision-strength etc but I like to think the fact that she's a stunning blonde who will awake WWs latent lesbian tendencies thereby slowing down her reactions would prove a decisive advantage.
I'd like to see it go that way... :yes: I think Knottyguy is right though. SG's best bet would probably be to stay as far away as possible and hope to get some lucky shots in with her ranged powers. At close quarters I can't really see SG having much success.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
knottyguy wrote:
Early days she was. Maybe 3 or 4 times that I remember. You can find the scenes here at sleepycomics.com

http://sleepycomics.com/person.php?name=Wonder%20Woman
Thanks for the link. Well, that answers that. Plus a lot more info , on both SG and WW and others.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Wheelie915
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Kara would win if she cheated and used a chloroform-soaked cloth on Diana (even in New 52, Diana's weak to chloroform, or so I've heard) ;)