Let's Talk About Shiny Leotards

General discussions about superheroines!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey all,

As you know, shiny leotards have been a staple of my content for almost 10 years. I loved the look of a strong superheroine type in her shiny spandex leotard getting captured and what-not.
However, my problem with shiny leotards is that usually the material is thick and winds up compressing a models body.

This can be a problem especially if she has natural smaller boobs and even with a large chest I feel the definition gets lost.

I personally love it when you can see the curves of an endowed model through her costume.

Another factor is, even though the material says 4-way stretch, and it indeed will stretch 4 ways, the spandex will usually tent across the models chest to her abs, rather than accentuating it by clinging to her top mid-section. In other words there is a gap from the outer ridge of her chest to where her breasts meet her midsection.

Ive been playing with some different types of materials and I have found a few that I really like and we are going to mock up some costumes using these new fabrics. (That part will be our little secret!)

Is the shiny leotard a thing for anybody? Do you really care that it's shiny at the cost of losing body definition of the model?
Personally, I like the skinsuit look but not everyone does.

This just applies to the typical one piece suit, not 2 pieces or specialized costumes...

Thoughts?
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

I like leotards with pantyhose. Very sexy look.

Btw, are you ever coming out with another video? Been anxiously awaiting a release from you for months.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I know I'm going to get some boos here but I equate shiny hose with something is wrong with the model's legs. Now that may not be a bad thing necessarily. I have had models who had great bodies and toned legs but had texas sized tattoos on their legs making them rather useless as super heroines without hose. I do love a set of smooth legs.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah I think it comes down to what you grew up with. I and I'm sure a lot of you, grew up with the 80's look of hi cut leg leotards and shiny, shimmery tights. So that's where my love for them came from and why they find their way into my vids.

Mr. X I agree with you both on the tattoos, and the legs. It's not that I mind a hot girl with smooth legs, no tights. I think supergirl looked great barelegged.

I'm not looking to get rid of the leotard, just change the material. The nature of the shiny material tends to smother the girls figure. At least todays material. I have found some leos from the 80s and it was a different type of fiber for sure.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

I prefer the bikini/high cut style catsuits with a zipper running all the way down. Gives the villains "easy" access to the heroine's more tender areas should they need it. :cylon:
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I've already requested this on another thread, but my preference is for the turtleneck leotards from "Lady C Returns", "Dungeon Orgasms" and "Heroine Escapades". These leotards also open at the crotch, meaning it would be much easier to keep the models in full costume during sex scenes.

"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Is the shiny leotard a thing for anybody? Do you really care that it's shiny at the cost of losing body definition of the model?
Personally, I like the skinsuit look but not everyone does.
Not me, and No. Probably prefer body definition, depending on body.

I'm not a stickler for any specific kind of costume or clothes, long as the girl's hot to begin with (so she's hot when naked) and looks pretty smokin' in whatever she's wearing.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think after so many years of buying videos I have to say that there is a exciting nature of the mystery.In other words,cover her up with pantyhose then have the very real pleasure of taking it off her.To many "actresses" out there who show to much,and looking alittle like sluts.There really is nothing more beautiful on a woman then pantyhose/leggings.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I'm very much into shiny leotards, but after reading your problems with them, I see your dilemma.

So I offer this as a possible solution: Use shiny leotards only for outdoor shoots. That's when they look best anyway, when the wide sunlight frequency spectrum really makes that shine pop.

HTH
TimeWaster
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Love the shiny look & prefer a catsuit over a leotard, everyone has their thing. Regarding your problem I know exactly what you mean most of the designs just don't accentuate a fine set of tits. I remember checking out a fine picture of a cosplayer in a grey catwoman catsuit where this problem seemed to have been eliminated by a small bit of stitching directly under her breasts (the tits looked so good I had to zoom in & noticed why because of that small bit of stitching & I'm not even a tits man!!! ). So there maybe your solution but I guess you would need a costume specifically tailored to an individual then.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

What I prefer in order:
1) leotard and tights (don't care of shiny or not)
2) unitard/catsuit
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

generally I'm not a HUGE fan of too much gloss. But there are always exceptions. Goes for pantyhose too. Less gloss is better IMO. BUT, would rather have too much gloss than none at all unless the girl has perfect and I mean PERFECT legs.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe you can get a suit like Minx. Koa Marie fills this out quite well.
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:

Maybe you can get a suit like Minx. Koa Marie fills this out quite well.

Yeah! SMOKING HOT!!!
aerosmith
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I like seeing pantyhose/tights (with the full feet in them) with the outfit or I don't buy the video. I also like seeing a leotard wedgie over the pantyhose, KO's, and OTS carries.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Koa-Marie's outfits were all custom-made uniforms. You can't buy them anywhere on the net. I now own several of them since they stopped making fetish videos.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yes they seemed to fit very well in the crotch region which is usually not how cat suits turn out. Normally they sort of balloon in the lower area or tent I guess is a better word. Her suit looks definitely brings out that camel toe.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Custom-fitting all of your uniforms to the individual models is time-consuming, but ultimately worth it.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shake is right, Koa Marie's costumes were custom made. They had a tailor make them and TimeWaster you are also very observant. That is truly the way to make a leotard to have a seam under the breast, allowing the fabric to form a little cup and also keep the material tight against the upper torso.

I just want to defer for a second because this boggled my mind. I saw this link

[youtube][/youtube]

and I was JUST watching this video today thinking, hmmm this might make a good trap! Looks like someone beat me to it :)

[youtube][/youtube]

Still a good trap idea...maybe it just needs a bit of a twist.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

But it's something Ive noticed since I started. Some leotard material is worse than others but it seems the more shiny it is, the more it compresses the boobs.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

The heating-treatment used to gloss up the fabric also compresses and tightens the lycra fibers as a side-effect.
TimeWaster
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Mr. X wrote:Yes they seemed to fit very well in the crotch region which is usually not how cat suits turn out. Normally they sort of balloon in the lower area or tent I guess is a better word. Her suit looks definitely brings out that camel toe.
I believe its more down to the design again, create a leotard or catsuit with a seam in the middle of the body & you'll probably get cameltoe especially it is tight vertically in the body section, a lot of designs the seam is down the side so less toe on show, some people don't like seams for the smooth look, some like to seem some toe!
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I like the high cut leg leotards with natural fabric leggings. Bare legs only if no tatoos are visible.

Margaret Richard of Body Electric looks better with natural clinging fabric outfits because of her dancer figure.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was talking to a seamstress friend of mine, we are going to try and make a semi-cupped leotard. She does this for a living and owns so it won't come cheap, but it will be right. Details to follow.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I was talking to a seamstress friend of mine, we are going to try and make a semi-cupped leotard. She does this for a living and owns so it won't come cheap, but it will be right. Details to follow.
Hope it all works out!