Batgril vs. Wonderwoman 60 `s ( Which is costume is hotter?)

General discussions about superheroines!
Batfetish
Sargeant
Sargeant

Which dress style is hotter?

In prefer Batgirl. Why?
Her dress a full body suit. But it is more flashy and has a hotter stuff. It is very tight, it is blinking, it show of her breast, ass and pussy. Batgirl is a real flashlight, you must look on her. She has

She a has a Mask that makes Yvonne Craig looks more intensive erotic ( her eyes). The cape is very smart because the inner part of the cape is yellow, so Batgirl is shininig out more. Her boots are even very stylish and sexy. The Batgirlcostume is an intelligent mix of differen purple/ lila colouring, sexy Mask, nice handgloves , sexy boots and nice capel.

Wonderwoman is very sexy and elegant, but it doesn`t define the body as well as Batgirl. So even Wonderwoman costume is much shorter, I would say the Batgirl Purplespandexsuit of the 60`s is hotter.
labink61
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I like Batgirls better... even though i always wished her costume was more of a leotard and tights combo
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

Batgirl!
As knotty as I wanna be! http://www.clips4sale.com/store/10033
TheFiend
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Where's your poll?

For me it's more about who filled the suit and while Lynda was incredible hot Yvonne was absolute perfection! For me it goes Batgirl, Isis, then Wonder Woman.
thelordharry
Henchman
Henchman

batgirl. but the batgirl in knotty's avatar, not the very tired old 60's version with the top hat cowl!

non masked heroines do nothing for me. it's all about the mask baby :D
Taurus28
Neophyte
Neophyte

Batgirl in knotty's avatar is HOT(the video is FANTASTIC!)..............as far as Wonder Woman,I definitely liked Cathy Lee Crosby's outfit.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :love: :love: :love:
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Wonder Woman

Couple reasons. First always liked the character a lot. Two they use her classic costume, red bustier, star spangled bottoms, golden belt, lasso, Lynda's lovely legs clad in suntan pantyhose (a big plus!). Next the best chloroform peril scene ever occurs with WW with the Fausta scene. Plus there was some other great stuff peril wise with WW.

I'm an odd man out since I've never been a big fan of the purple Batgirl costume from the 60s show. Traps were cool but never really dug the costume. So between these two have to go with WW.
Attachments
1.2-03.jpg
1.2-03.jpg (37.47 KiB) Viewed 3777 times
WWCHs.jpg
WWCHs.jpg (64.82 KiB) Viewed 3777 times
fausta faces.jpg
fausta faces.jpg (29.06 KiB) Viewed 3777 times
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
harriertalon
Henchman
Henchman

Of the two - I pick Wonder Woman's partner for a couple episodes - Wonder Girl (as played by Debra Winger). :rolleyes:

The suit was tighter, and really hugged her frame, I loved that it was more or less a junior version of Wonder Woman's outfit. Debra was great in the role as the spunky sidekick to her big sister. She had some absolutely GREAT chloroform scenes (I probably don't have to remind any of you of this! :smile: )

Anytime I see a cosplayer in the traditional Wonder Girl outfit, I just love it. To me it's hotter than either Wondy's or Batgirl's.
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I prefer Wonder Woman, the costume and the serie.
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Really short answer: See attached.

Short answer: I find the Batgirl costume more visually appealing and interesting on pretty much all levels.

Long answer: Ultimately, though, I have a hard time effectively comparing the Batgirl and Wonder Woman costumes. As is often the case in these long, rambling posts of mine, this seems to be due to the labels and categories I apply to the ideas in question, in this case the costume designs. :unsure: The two outfits are excellent examples of superhero(ine) costume design concepts in very different eras of the superhero genre. Wonder Woman's original outfit (TV series season one, with the full eagle motif as well as the star-spangled bottoms) is wonderfully complex and really a bit strange. That outfit was designed during a period when no one was quite sure yet what the parameters of the superhero idea were, with the ideas still being in development. There were a lot of complicated, often rather garish costumes during the first two or three years of superhero history. Wonder Woman's exemplifies the complexity seen in so many of them, but also has a stronger design sense than many of the others. The colors work well, the lines and patterns are appealing and visually interesting. There have been many, many variations on that original WW design over the years, and I think the strongest variations have been those which best honored the original design. The mid-seventies era interpretation of the 1940s costume, which would be the variation most familiar to many, having been seen on the Lynda Carter show and 1970s Super Friends cartoons, seems to be the best of these. A strong design, effectively simplified and streamlined to emphasize the most important or compelling elements.

The Batgirl design is of another era, late in the Silver Age, when superheros had long been settled into a well-defined set of patterns. I ultimately prefer the Batgirl design, perhaps for some of the same reasons that BatFetish suggests, notably the presence of the mask. There have been many Batgirl designs over the years, but I don't accept any revision which fails to honor the main design points of the original Infantino design, and among these points one of the most important is the full cowl. The mask makes the character more mysterious, and the mystery of Barbara Gordon's Big Secret was one of the most appealing things about Batgirl and the Batman '66 program for me, when I was younger. The Batgirl suit is just a great design. In the comics, it has all the primary colors; on the '66 show, it has complimentary colors. The flow of line in both of these original era designs is a catchy and appealing contrast of curves and points. The variation-on-a-theme on Batman's design is interesting, too, with Batgirl's costume being similar but not too similar. Infantino did a great job with this design and it was translated well to the TV screen. I think one of the main reasons Batgirl as a character has had such lasting appeal is the effectiveness of that costume design. Batgirl was never a member of a group, such as the Justice League or Teen Titans; her solo stories tended to be bland and uninteresting; her appearances alongside Batman or Robin often presented Batgirl as ineffective or ridiculous. If we look at Batgirl's actual adventures from 1967-1987, as published or televised, they aren't very compelling by superhero standards of the era. Yet the character stands alongside DC's biggest names and is not only a fan favorite, but seems to have consistently increasing popularity since the start of the internet era. I think much, if not most, of that is down to the costume design. Plus, y'know, as Yvonne noted, that lurex TV version was simply "painted on". (Insert comically lascivious drooling sound) :laugh:

I think I drifted a bit there. Umm. I have thought that the 1967 Batgirl character, in design, conception, and final delivery, might be the perfect distillation of the prevailing norms of the superhero genre of the Silver Age. The costume is simple yet its design is strong, the character has a vaguely Peter Parker "everyman" quality, and with Batgirl the idea of being a superhero is somehow presented as just something she does, like a hobby. She has no strong motive, which may be what caused Denny O'Neil to criticize her as a "weak character" (during the era when he was doing his best to kill of the whole extended Batman Family), and I think this represents a sort of normalization of the superhero concept. The public was aware enough of the conventions of the superhero genre to accept a Batgirl with no compelling reason to don a costume and fight crime. In a way she was simply there to be there, but I think she served as a strong audience identification character, being an appealing character who made it all look easy and fun and accessible. Perhaps Batgirl was superheroes finally going fully mainstream. :unsure: At any rate, I think she was one of the last strong characters of the Silver Age and she deserves her current popularity, regardless of the quality of her actual stories. That, however, could just be me, giving the matter too much thought (and likely poor-quality thought) to the matter. :laugh:
Attachments
634120318045080940-Batgirl.jpg
634120318045080940-Batgirl.jpg (69.09 KiB) Viewed 3693 times
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I will always favor a star spangled booty.

But I'd have to say I lean toward WW because of the actress. From everything I have read about Craig, she apparently just doesn't care about this and seems to have this haughty - its a stupid job - approach. Carter may also have this attitude but seems to be much more of a good sport about it. So for me I side with Carter and WW. Batgirl when I see her just makes me feel guilty for liking something harmless and fun. Carter makes it accepting to like something harmless and fun. So Craig kills any Batgirl fetish for me.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

labink61 wrote:I like Batgirls better... even though i always wished her costume was more of a leotard and tights combo

This.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Wonder Woman.Both had great skin tight outfits,but WW had less of it,so she wins with me :)
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

[youtube][/youtube]

It's a tough call, but between the 60s Batgirl and Wonder Woman costumes, I gotta go with Batgirl. And not just cause the 1967 Wonder Woman screentest footage isn't very clear; I don't think clearing it up (or sharpening) helps much.
WW-1967-screentest.jpg
WW-1967-screentest.jpg (21.07 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
WW-1967-screentest-sharp.jpg
WW-1967-screentest-sharp.jpg (28.16 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

It's a tough call, but between the 60s Batgirl and Wonder Woman costumes, I gotta go with Batgirl. And not just cause the 1967 Wonder Woman screentest footage isn't very clear; I don't think clearing it up (or sharpening) helps much.
Yeah, a clean copy doesn't really help this material much. IIRC, it's been released in full DVD resolution on one of the available Batman '66 ephemera DVDs, as a Dozier oddity. Batmania or something. You can find it at Amazon and other vendors. :unsure:

They did recreate the WW costume of the era fairly faithfully, at least. She was going through one of her goofier periods during the mid-late Silver Age. :laugh:
batmanxxx
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

gotta go with the bat.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hmm....lets see.....I think....Batgirl!!
Batfetish
Sargeant
Sargeant

batgirl1969 wrote:Hmm....lets see.....I think....Batgirl!!
You are such a good girl! :ybat: