Girly heroines

General discussions about superheroines!
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Is it just me or are our superheroines turning into wimps?

I have been put off purchasing several movies lately because in the trailers during a beatdown the superheroine has sounded like a schoolgirl running away from a gang of boys wanting a kiss.

I enjoy these producers work but I feel I have to show my disappointment, check out Allura here - http://www.superheroineforum.com/viewto ... 37&t=20131

Allura looks amazing, strong and in great shape but so disappointing to hear her reactions when being hit and that is the only reason I did not buy.

Also this one - http://www.superheroineforum.com/viewto ... 37&t=20138

Aurora is okay but alas Myst is again way too girly for me so I have not purchased.

I like my superheroines to be tough and not damsels in distress from the get go, after all they are supposed to be "super" and hardened crime fighters.

Am i being too critical or have I just been spoiled by the quality of our long standing heroines such as Diana Knight,Christina Carter and just about all the ladies who starred in George Perez's DT series?

I would be interested to hear what you all think.

Thanks
Attachments
expired.png
This thread is way out of date and no longer reflects the more recent superheroines in movies
expired.png (23.65 KiB) Viewed 7412 times
Last edited by rayman 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
braces17
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

LT - I concur. That same thought ran through my head as I watched Lexx again last night.
I would love to hear grunts and even profanity when the heroines are pummeled. In my beliefs, a heroine is more "super" when she defies weakness and pain. WG
braces17
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Forgot 1 important part. Even though the trailor or preview reflects whimpy crying, I will normally purchase the video as I fully support the actress/producer and encourage future production. My positive feedback if via forum or post - negative feedback I try to keep to PM's.
colt13
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Allura does look great. I don't have a problem with it, mainly because I see a heroine as having things so easy that they become overconfident and complacent. So they panic and seem scared when they face a villain with real power.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I like the defiant teeth gritting heroine who is calmed down with a forced climax. I personally don't like whimpering heroines.
wrestpet
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I have no problem hearing super heroine moaning. That's the different between superheros and super heroines. All female fighters super strong female bodybuilders make girl noises when they are in pain. After all that's the not changing feature of them with the strength and skills.
Ninja J.
Henchman
Henchman

I actually enjoy crying, begging or whimpering as long as the heroine acts tough for the most part of the vid and after the heroine is completely broken. Even after being defeated a heroine acting tough through torture or forced climax is usually a good thing for me. As far as the heroine being too girly, I don't have a problem with it as long as it's in character. I.E. Wonder Woman shouldn't be acting like a wimpy damsel. If it's a young spunky rookie heroine on her first mission then acting like a school girl is a little more acceptable in my opinion.

How an actress "sells" the attack of the villain is, however, a big deal for me. Selling the pain of the villain is why I enjoy Japanese Heroine films and still enjoy pg-13 heroine flicks because, in general, the actresses in those vids sell their pain better. I don't have a problem with Allura's reactions, because I've heard far worse, but I don't think it's being overcritical either. It is kinda a let down when this smoking hot actress signs on for a SHIP film and you get it and you're all excited and the actress sucks.

I hate it when a heroine take a body blow and the actress moans like she's getting arosed or she gets punched in the face and just sells it with a whimper. Personally, I'd like to see a progression. Maybe have the heroine act real tough in the beginning, maybe just gritting her teeth or , as Mr. X said. Then have the heroine sell the pain a little less subtly as the battle takes its toll. Then sell more with the heroine "Aahh"-ing" and "Ugghh"-ing in blantant agony and then finally having the heroine whimpering or crying after being broken. Maybe when I direct my own heroine film I'll have a vid exactly the way I like it. ;)
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

One of the reasons I really enjoy NGCs fight scenes, their heroines sound like heroines, no wimpy girls there.
wrestpet
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I don't think a heroine can be defined as wimpy by the noise comes out of her when she is hurt. But yes Myst in Heroineinperil is very wimpy because she fights like a wimp.

In Agents file trailer of thesuperheroines, you hear lot of noises because it's a trailer and noise making scenes are compressed together. I have watched Allura in Transition to Darkness 3, and she is not wimpy at all. She only makes noise when she is hurt but she acts like a true heroine. Any man or woman including heroes release their pain in a sound, men have low tone so it goes as a grunt. Women with high tones like Allura make a noise accordingly.

There are producers who make heroines wimps and all they care about how to make them naked. Forget about fighting some can't even stand properly. But theSuperheroines.com is not one of them.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A good topic to bring up. I was actually thinking about this while watching the Skyfire video (the one where she gets captured by a pimp and then sold out). One aspect (among many) of what I liked from that video was the way the heroine initially has a (brief) show of force. She is cocky and confident. The contrast between that opening and the later scenes as she is taken by different guys makes for a really good video.
My hope is that more such openings can happen to add to the heroine's defeat. It really makes the heroine's demise all the better. The Lexx files, while one of my favorite videos, never establishes Supergirl as a strong heroine. She is indeed all too quickly defeated.
Now the reverse of that is the Wonder Girl series with Kacey. She is amazing in that role, but she never gets defeated properly. Of course, that thread was worn out a few weeks back, but it comes to mind as a counter to the point made here. Still, I would prefer more heroines built up to be a bit cocky before they are beaten down.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

A good topic to bring BACK up LOL! I thought I had wandered into a time warp.

I own the entore Transition to Darkness series and it is only my personal tatses but I just did not enjoy the original Allura, Kayla loked and acrted amazingly but her voice did not gel with me, however the new Allura Bridget really suits me perfectly in every aspect of her performancesThe orugunal Skyfire actress was an absolute dream and Kacey could be i that league if she took some acting classes to enable her to seel a perilous situation she is such a great heroine but as you say she never really switches gear and looses.

P.S. the R changing to an r is because people thought I was called Ray LOL!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I agree, and related tot that is heroines need to look like heroines.

They have to have an athletic body.

there are some actresses in other venues who may be sexy but are to soft in appearance to be superheroines.
harriertalon
Henchman
Henchman

Let the heroine fit the cry, I say. If you're a hardened, streetwise, tough heroine a la Wonder Woman or Black Canary, you're going to be a tough nut to crack and whining and crying like a little girl will be beneath you. You'd never give a bad guy that kind of satisfaction, even if they kill you.

But if you're a Supergirl or Mary Marvel type, used to the generic bad guy you can beat easily and confidently, and suddenly you're up against someone more powerful, or who is able to trick you, then you might be more confused, or panicked at your sudden helplessness, and reverting to a girl-like moan or whine might almost be expected. Suddenly, the rules have changed, and you weren't ready for them - the bad guys cheated - it's not fair! :)

I think that's why I really enjoy "partner" videos where one character can be the tough unbreakable mentor (the "Batman") to the young, and less experienced sidekick (the "Robin"). There's something to enjoy from both sides.
Bert

Good topic. With regards to the original Allura, the vid you highlighted was one of her first, and her reactions were too forced. She got much better as she gained experience. I really miss Cayla Black (sp?), she was gorgeous, fit and could act.

In general, the sounds made by heroines during fight scenes is a really important part of HIP for me. I love feminine moans and cries, but it has to build up to that as a fight progresses. They are heroines for a reason and they shouldn't be reduced to desperate sounding pushovers right from the start.
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

For me, the tougher and more macho (or macha if you will) the superheroine acts throughout her defeat, the more of a turn-on it is for me. I don't like superheroines or girls for that matter that act hyper-feminine, just as I'm sure many women don't enjoy hyper-masculine hulks. For me I'd actually prefer a superheroine that react to peril with anger, frustration, and defiance to one who goes straight into hyper-girlish fear. To me it creates more tension, and is also more in character with a super-powered vigilante.
Ave atque vale
EvilDaria
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

We get a wide spectrum of reactions from TBFE, Superheroines.com and other bigger producers. The problem comes when there isn't enough time/money to make use of an experienced fight arranger. SO we have "heroines" who can barely make a fist, let alone take a defensive stance, standing waiting to be hit. Yes they may react to the blow, but it hardly matters by then. If she is hurt she will have a reaction, as others have written above it should be a reflection of the character's personality how she reacts, what she betrays to her opponent and how much she can take before "breaking". There is plenty of room to use reactions as a plot development - Buffy often played up to a stereotype of the blonde victim, only to pull a switch [accompanied by a witty put down], Xena put up with tremendous torture, but still cried of Gabrielle's fate. In Lost Girl anger and defiance run side by side with realistic emotional reactions of fear and pain and no one thinks any the less. We cannot have a rule that says "heroines never cry or cry out", that's plain nonsense. At the same time having a monotonous scream fest where a flick of her hair produces the same reaction as a boot to the crotch, or a lick of a nipple, is also wrong. As with most things it comes down to good judgement, both from the film-maker and their audience. Pick a studio you like and keep supporting it.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

EvilDaria wrote:We get a wide spectrum of reactions from TBFE, Superheroines.com and other bigger producers. The problem comes when there isn't enough time/money to make use of an experienced fight arranger. SO we have "heroines" who can barely make a fist, let alone take a defensive stance, standing waiting to be hit. Yes they may react to the blow, but it hardly matters by then. If she is hurt she will have a reaction, as others have written above it should be a reflection of the character's personality how she reacts, what she betrays to her opponent and how much she can take before "breaking". There is plenty of room to use reactions as a plot development - Buffy often played up to a stereotype of the blonde victim, only to pull a switch [accompanied by a witty put down], Xena put up with tremendous torture, but still cried of Gabrielle's fate. In Lost Girl anger and defiance run side by side with realistic emotional reactions of fear and pain and no one thinks any the less. We cannot have a rule that says "heroines never cry or cry out", that's plain nonsense. At the same time having a monotonous scream fest where a flick of her hair produces the same reaction as a boot to the crotch, or a lick of a nipple, is also wrong. As with most things it comes down to good judgement, both from the film-maker and their audience. Pick a studio you like and keep supporting it.
I totally agree and really like Lost Girl.
My original post was not pulling down "realism" I like that itis very important in a character but what I do not like is heroines that are not heroic.
A superheroine going right onot he rbackfoot early on is not my thing and I like some show of toughness and detrmination, several of what I consider the better SG videos feature a krypto weakened SG but she stil fight son determined to win and or save the victim, she only breaks or gives in right at the end.

To put it another way th ereason I started the topic was because I really liked th elook of Kayla Black as Allura BUT her vocals just turned me off of her as a superherne.

Think of David Beckham playing a suave James Bond style agent and the dismayed women when he spoke LOL!

Just my personal opinon about "wimpy/girly" vocals, think how important voices are to people like James Earle Jones, Shaun Connery, Morgan Freeman and Joan Jett for want of an actress LOL!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

rayman wrote:
EvilDaria wrote:We get a wide spectrum of reactions from TBFE, Superheroines.com and other bigger producers. The problem comes when there isn't enough time/money to make use of an experienced fight arranger. SO we have "heroines" who can barely make a fist, let alone take a defensive stance, standing waiting to be hit. Yes they may react to the blow, but it hardly matters by then. If she is hurt she will have a reaction, as others have written above it should be a reflection of the character's personality how she reacts, what she betrays to her opponent and how much she can take before "breaking". There is plenty of room to use reactions as a plot development - Buffy often played up to a stereotype of the blonde victim, only to pull a switch [accompanied by a witty put down], Xena put up with tremendous torture, but still cried of Gabrielle's fate. In Lost Girl anger and defiance run side by side with realistic emotional reactions of fear and pain and no one thinks any the less. We cannot have a rule that says "heroines never cry or cry out", that's plain nonsense. At the same time having a monotonous scream fest where a flick of her hair produces the same reaction as a boot to the crotch, or a lick of a nipple, is also wrong. As with most things it comes down to good judgement, both from the film-maker and their audience. Pick a studio you like and keep supporting it.
I totally agree and really like Lost Girl.
My original post was not pulling down "realism" I like that itis very important in a character but what I do not like is heroines that are not heroic.
A superheroine going right onot he rbackfoot early on is not my thing and I like some show of toughness and detrmination, several of what I consider the better SG videos feature a krypto weakened SG but she stil fight son determined to win and or save the victim, she only breaks or gives in right at the end.

To put it another way th ereason I started the topic was because I really liked th elook of Kayla Black as Allura BUT her vocals just turned me off of her as a superherne.

Think of David Beckham playing a suave James Bond style agent and the dismayed women when he spoke LOL!

Just my personal opinon about "wimpy/girly" vocals, think how important voices are to people like James Earle Jones, Shaun Connery, Morgan Freeman and Joan Jett for want of an actress LOL!
I'm just browsing the forum and I came across this post. As a producer, I'll give my 2 cents for what it may be worth.

We are constantly bombarded with emails that are complete contradictions of the email received just prior to the one we're reading. What happens in this market is that there are 3,000 fans with 3,000 different types of tastes.

After sifting through opposing requests, we must try and find the common line that the average viewer will like. This task is impossible. There is no common line. There are many fans who want feminine heroines who take a beating and only want them strong enough to establish they are not a regular human. After that, beat the crap out of them and show their weakness.

Then, there are viewers such as yourself who seem to want to see the girl stay tough until her last breath. You see how this is an extreme contradiction? In no scenario can you possible appease both of those types of fans.

So what we do, is allow the actress assess the scenario and act how she feels fit. Unless it is a custom order, there is no right or wrong way to do it. Even on this thread, there are several different contrasting opinions on how a heroine should act and sound.

So my point is that there are going to be actresses and performances you are going to love and there are going to be some that miss the mark to you. I try to make our content as diverse as possible and as a result, you will get a mixture of amazing videos that are true to heart but will appeal to varying audiences looking for different things.
LadyJane
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I'll just go ahead and throw my hat in the ring... I like girly heroines. I'm turned on by the idea that even under all the powers and honor and fighting, she's still a woman. Obviously the best is when there's a progression from strong to weak and whimpering...but I'm in the camp where I'd rather have an utterly defeated heroine. But I must admit the fight is often tertiary to my tastes, I'm often happy with a heroine's who's caught off guard from the get go and thrown immediately into peril, soooo my opinion may not be the most valid in this argument.

Having said that...I DO understand the other side of this argument. What is the point in the superheroine who isn't very super? But the that I might ask...do you need fetish videos for that? I find a lack of satisfaction with main stream stuff because the heroines are unbeatable and never really "sell" the peril, even what little peril they find...fyi, I'm really asking that question, not trying to call anybody out or anything...

Also I have to give a nod to Logan's point...I can't imagine how hard it must be to even consider a middle ground in this Fetish arena, which is by definition painfully specific to the individual...I think the producers we have do a great job of providing a wide spectrum to include as many (um) triggers (?) as possible. To them I say keep up the great work!
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I am actually quite suprised by some of the comments here, maybe they relate to my post or maybe not but basically al I was trying to say is this -I love womanly superheroines but I lke them tough, I like them to fight well and take some punishment/peril but I enjoy them battling against the odds AND being worn down and the they end up defeated.

What I am not afan of is "girly" superheroines, now to me "girly" is schoolgirl type whimpering and lack of determination and grittiness etc.

I am NOT pickg on ANY videos I just pointed out a coupl ethat I did not rush to buy because the characters seemed "girly" to me.

Also the mainstream superheroines are pretty much invincible and do not perform the way I like.

Oh and please be careful which videos you call fetish LOL! Some people have very stromg views on what should be called fetish and Logan you shoul dknow how much of afan of your work I am, all byt 2 of the SvE series let alone all the masses of all your other series i habe bought.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

rayman wrote:I am actually quite suprised by some of the comments here, maybe they relate to my post or maybe not but basically al I was trying to say is this -I love womanly superheroines but I lke them tough, I like them to fight well and take some punishment/peril but I enjoy them battling against the odds AND being worn down and the they end up defeated.

What I am not afan of is "girly" superheroines, now to me "girly" is schoolgirl type whimpering and lack of determination and grittiness etc.

I am NOT pickg on ANY videos I just pointed out a coupl ethat I did not rush to buy because the characters seemed "girly" to me.

Also the mainstream superheroines are pretty much invincible and do not perform the way I like.

Oh and please be careful which videos you call fetish LOL! Some people have very stromg views on what should be called fetish and Logan you shoul dknow how much of afan of your work I am, all byt 2 of the SvE series let alone all the masses of all your other series i habe bought.
If that was in reference to me and my videos, I don't care if they're considered fetish on this board. Or if the fans have fetishes and view them. What I have an issue with is a random person or other producer trying to tell me what my intention was when I filmed the video.

As for the topic at hand, we are referring to your original post. You like the girls tough. Yet I teceive MANY requests for the girls to NOT be tough. This goes to different tastes.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Logan I am one of your biggest fans just check the date when I started this thread....It is WAY out of date and in my opinion irrelevant to how more recent movies have been.
It was pointed out that the HL video is pointed out was Cayla's first for you and I also said I liked her in other movies.

I enjoy the superheroines that are portrayed now and a while back.

A lot has changed since early 2013.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

rayman wrote:Logan I am one of your biggest fans just check the date when I started this thread....It is WAY out of date and in my opinion irrelevant to how more recent movies have been.
It was pointed out that the HL video is pointed out was Cayla's first for you and I also said I liked her in other movies.

I enjoy the superheroines that are portrayed now and a while back.

A lot has changed since early 2013.
agreed :)
Boucldey
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Dazzle1 wrote:I agree, and related tot that is heroines need to look like heroines.

there are some actresses in other venues who may be sexy but are to soft in appearance to be superheroines.
Agree :) Compare some of the so called heroines/superheroines to the tv Gladiator Girls like Scorpio (Nikki Diamond) et al ! Nikki would wipe the floor with the vast majority of heroines /superheroines in all departments :blush:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Boucldey wrote:
Dazzle1 wrote:I agree, and related tot that is heroines need to look like heroines.

Agree :) Compare some of the so called heroines/superheroines to the tv Gladiator Girls like Scorpio (Nikki Diamond) et al ! Nikki would wipe the floor with the vast majority of heroines /superheroines in all departments :blush:
This is a tough one because personal tastes are different. Some prefer the stronger, more athletic type-- I personally would go for a hot girl in a costume over a muscular one - but I'm not attracted to that... so I'm sure it varies per natural attraction...
Boucldey
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Logan wrote:
Boucldey wrote:

This is a tough one because personal tastes are different. Some prefer the stronger, more athletic type-- I personally would go for a hot girl in a costume over a muscular one - but I'm not attracted to that... so I'm sure it varies per natural attraction...
Fit and Hot not muscular ...it's the rather wimpish, skinny ,sticklike look which such as Charlies Angel's et al of the 70's had compared to the much hotter and decidedly fitter women of the modern Charlie's Angel's et al ...women who actually look as impressive as they are portrayed in their action role ? Love to start a poll of forum members choice of the girliest/wimpiest Action Girls ?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Boucldey wrote:
Logan wrote:
Boucldey wrote:

Fit and Hot not muscular ...it's the rather wimpish, skinny ,sticklike look which such as Charlies Angel's et al of the 70's had compared to the much hotter and decidedly fitter women of the modern Charlie's Angel's et al ...women who actually look as impressive as they are portrayed in their action role ? Love to start a poll of forum members choice of the girliest/wimpiest Action Girls ?
Jump in the lounge and see how the poll goes :)

For me, it's just about posture and presence... I don't like fat girls anyway so that's pretty much going to narrow down my personal tastes... I'm very particular with body fat. But overly toned and fit isn't necessary for me. I just need a pretty face, curves, and looks nice / plays the part...
SdaisyS
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I like this debate : D.

Most of the time, i'll tend to prefer a strong womanly heroine, Like Randy Moore.
A beautiful Goddess, and seeing her in danger is much more disturbing than a girly heroine.

But It can also depends of the environment and who/what the Superheroine must face :

If we take for example the rivalry Christina Carter vs Diana Knight, you basically have two powerfull women where each must fight her alter ego, and the result is extremely sexy.
I like it better because it is so much hotter to see a really brave woman being dominated, humiliated, but still trying to keep her dignity, than someone that succumb in 2 minutes.

However, sometimes, a more girly Heroine can be good :
What I enjoy too is the contrasts : We see a young, slender, timid new Superheroine that must go to her first big mission facing a experienced, confident and curvy Villainess.

When we have 2 Superheroines, there are even more possibilities :
2 friends, or even sisters : one is strong, the other more girly, and this girly heroine will be the weak point of the team, due to her low self esteem, the Villains will exploit her weaknesses, making her a threat for her Strong sister.

But yea, even in this case, the center of the story will still be the stronger heroine, because her demise will be the true climax, and the breaking of the weaker girly one will just be a way to attain it.

I believe girly superheroines can have a place depending of the storyline :
We have minor enemies and the major final boss for the Villains, so I guess the same applies for The Superheroines camp.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Boucldey wrote:

The old British Gladiators were great, Jet,Lightning,Panther and others that I can't remember the stage names for but check out Diane Youdale(Jet), Sharon Davies, and yes Scorpio was hot too.

But check out the later versions from t emore recent series -http://www.gladiatorszone.co.uk/gladiators/new/female/
Enigma is my favourite and she actuall gre up about 10 miles fro where I live simply gorgeous an dhot ladies and by no means over muscled just simply strong sexy athletic women.

@Logan How popular is Kim Azarra my guess is VERY LOL! She is heavenly.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

rayman wrote:
Boucldey wrote:

The old British Gladiators were great, Jet,Lightning,Panther and others that I can't remember the stage names for but check out Diane Youdale(Jet), Sharon Davies, and yes Scorpio was hot too.

But check out the later versions from t emore recent series -http://www.gladiatorszone.co.uk/gladiators/new/female/
Enigma is my favourite and she actuall gre up about 10 miles fro where I live simply gorgeous an dhot ladies and by no means over muscled just simply strong sexy athletic women.

Actually no... Kim does a great job and she's wonderful to work with, but her videos don't do quite as well.

The videos that to the best are the "girly" ones. Kind of why I defend that notion-- because it's true for me. Tiffany Chase is extremely girly and she does very well. Same with Kristie Dowe and Lindsay Lamb. They are both very girly and their videos outsell everyone else's by extreme margins...
Boucldey
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Loved the old British Gladiators :thumbup: A big fan of English Action Girls from the time I saw Joanna Lumley strut her stuff as the high kicking Purdey in The New Avengers :cool: Sharron Davies...what a woman...the idea of her and Joanna Lumley in action against each other and getting down and dirty to boot :yes: ' ...by no means overmuscled just simply strong sexy athletic women.'
rayman wrote:
Boucldey wrote:

viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

To me the model's physique has little to do with determining if she is a "girly heroine". I believe a "girly heroine" is one who whines, cries, begs or willingly engages in sex when in peril. A real heroine would be defiant and resist her enemy to the end.
Boucldey
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

viking wrote:To me the model's physique has little to do with determining if she is a "girly heroine". I believe a "girly heroine" is one who whines, cries, begs or willingly engages in sex when in peril. A real heroine would be defiant and resist her enemy to the end.
Good points !A model may be cocky and defiant but needs to be physically equipped to back up her defiance or she'll come unstuck in a girly sort of way if she is not and comes up against a villain/ess who certainly is !
krispin21
Henchman
Henchman

I'm different. I 'm only into fem vs fem and I like when the heroine is the weaker one.
Slim superheroine vs larger villainess is my cup of tea.
May be the superheroine is the stronger with her syperpowers, but when she is without powers, in a far fight, the larger bad girl is far the stronger.
I also love the humiliation of the good girl.
Darren84
Neophyte
Neophyte

I also prefer my heroines to be confident and defiant to begin with but for their will to be slowly sapped. This may be an issue with genre but I'm into hypno/magic scenarios where the heroine is slowly brought under control. It may be different if I was into fighting vids.

Two scenarios I'd look out for:
An experienced heroine underestimates her opponent and slowly falls under her control or spell.
A naive rookie completely over estimates her own competence and is quickly subdued.