Asylum pictures

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The thing I don't get about Asylum pics is they are so poorly acted plus so poorly fight choreographed. I can understand maybe the acting but the fights are just horribly done. I've seen way better stuff from Kick as candy and Logan. And its not like these producers have huge budgets. And the actors... they get like the worst actors. Again our own industry has better acting ability. I can see having to maybe act and respond to a blue screen background but its like most of these people are someone's bar buddies. They could raid an acting school and get better people. And the girls. Holy cow I cannot believe those women are the BEST they could get for a movie. Wow.

Oh well, just ranting. Watched some Nazis on the south Pole movie and am still shaking my head.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A lot of their productions are mockbusters; cheap cash-ins on current/recent blockbuster movies. I guess they're counting on illiterates and people with only a passing interest in movies accidentally buying Transmorphers, Atlantic Rim or Alien Origin.

The reason why so much of our SH Peril genre is superior is because it's mostly made by and/or made for people who have some affection for the source material. Mockbusters, on the other hand, just require a superficially similar title and cover art. The content itself is almost irrelevant.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

OK, this one looks a bit more interesting...

Attachments
B9HpZyNCQAAk1Nz.jpg
B9HpZyNCQAAk1Nz.jpg (92.64 KiB) Viewed 1750 times
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Asylum made a movie where Sherlock Holmes fights a robot dinosaur. That studio can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.