Are There Spoilers in Heroine Peril Videos?

General discussions about superheroines!
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I was reading a thread in which a producer was frustrated (understandably) with a spoiler (admittedly with the spoiler alert typed above the spoiler) posted soon after a release. My question was whether or not there is such a thing in regard to plot for these types of videos? What I mean is this: are there a lot of fans following the ongoing plot lines, or are people selectively buying videos based on the models and action? Or is it both?
As for spoilers in terms of action, I would want to be able to read them as I have bought some videos that seemed to imply a certain amount of peril, only to find that there wasn't as much as I had anticipated.
So in short, I wonder how much suspense and surprise is found within heroine peril videos. Is there perhaps a difference in view from a producer/director who spends a lot of time on the set, costume, plot, dialogue, etc. and sees the video in all those facets, and the consumer who is looking for a specific model, action sequence, degree of peril?
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I can see why spoilers may apply to mainstream series where the producers want the perils to cast uncertainty on the fates of the heroines. In this fetish sub-genre, however, the perils are the main selling point. I damn well want to know whether the video contains the elements I want to see.

If a producer writes something ambiguous like "Will Generic Girl be unmasked?" in the blurb, then they're deliberately not telling me whether the video delivers an unmasking. So I'm less likely to part with my money.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
drzod
Henchman
Henchman

I have to agree. I want to know as much detail about the peril elements as possible so that I know the video will have what I'm looking for. I've been burnt many times by vague descriptions that implied what I wanted to see but didn't deliver. Now I tend to pass until I get confirmation either from the producer or another customer.
sabrejack
Henchman
Henchman

Yep, been burned too many times. I want the full description and preview pics to know whether it's worth my $. Give me spoilers all day for fetish movies.

NOT for Game of Thrones!!!!!
SdaisyS
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I agree too : I NEED spoilers.
In most case I've encountered, the descriptions + preview images/videos were clear, but at other times, I'll want to read the comments from the other customers or even mail directly the producer.

Story wise, it's not necessary to have everything revealed, surprises can be fun too, but in terms of action, peril, sex, I like knowing if a particular scene is long or not.
rand47
Neophyte
Neophyte

I think the folks at Heroine Legends do it right -- you can open one box to find out the specifics and a different box to get the ending.