Wonder Woman season 4/5

General discussions about superheroines!
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

So a buddy and I were talking about--of all things--Wonder Woman this weekend and were thinking "what if the showed continued without Lynda Carter?" and who would bring the tv show out of the 70s into the 80s? With Lynda Carter pursuing her singing and stage career, who would be a good replacement for her? Two ladies of the 80s comes to my mind: 1. Tracy Scoggins and 2. Deborah Shelton
I always thought that back in the day, if the producers were smart and wanted to continue the series, that Tracy Scoggins would have been the ideal Wonder Woman. Tracy still looks hot today, but imagine her as Wonder Woman back then! Tracy had a natural athletic body and probably would have had no problem going bare legged or doing peril scenes. I also think Deborah Shelton had 'the look' and would have been a good second choice, at least for me anyways....so what do you guys think? who do you think would have been a good replacement for Lynda Carter if the series were to continue?
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I remember lusting after Tracy Scoggins when I watched her in a VHS horror film, seem to rember it was based around clowns but it was a long time ago and I used to watch a lot of videos back then.
Wasn't she in one of the Dallas style soaps too?
I agree she would have been awesome, I really liked Jacqalyn Smith from Charlie's Angels
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Scoggins is a good shout (she was also in the later series of Babylon 5).

It's a great question and weird trying to remember who I found attractive 34 years ago!
:hmmm:
I shall have to ponder some more...
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

rayman wrote:I remember lusting after Tracy Scoggins when I watched her in a VHS horror film, seem to rember it was based around clowns but it was a long time ago and I used to watch a lot of videos back then.
Wasn't she in one of the Dallas style soaps too?
I agree she would have been awesome, I really liked Jacqalyn Smith from Charlie's Angels

Scoggins was an 80s Goddess! Yeah that was the Demonic Toys. The toys actually lash her down and some demon is going to have his way with her so she could bear the demon spawn. She was also one of the daughters on the Colby's TV series (Spin off of Dallas)

There's a sequel called Dollman vs the Demonic Toys where she plays a small part.

She was also the commander in Babalyon 5 for the last season.
patmac4
Henchman
Henchman

Pamela sue martin (nancy drew),battlestar galatica 's Maren Jensen (Athena), Janet Louise Johnson (brie)
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I always wanted to see Jane Badler (Diana from V) in the WW costume.

Fran Drescher would have looked great too, but she would have needed some serious voice-coaching or dubbing.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

It is tough looking back all those years, I just remenbered Tanya Dielee from Sheena and Tawnt Kitaen from the Whitesnake video and she was Daviid's girlfriend too, can't remember if Kelly le Brock fits the timeframe but man was she hot in Weird Science
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

All interesting choices my friends, keep them coming....nice to see others that remember Tracy Scoggins!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Caroline Munro would have been amazing.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

This is turning into a trip down 'Memory Wank Lane!' :lol:

She wasnt an actress but physically I felt Page 3 girl Kathy Lloyd fitted the bill.

Great thread!
:thumbup:

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Tracy Scoggins appeared as Kat Grant onLois and Clark: The Adventures of Superman Season 1 in a bikini in the episode where Lex Luthor was giving Metropolis a record heat wave.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Doctor Who's Mary Tamm (sadly departed) really had the look of an Amazonian Princess.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Raquel welch. Or I assume it has to be a woman who could play the part after the first 3 seasons?
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:This is turning into a trip down 'Memory Wank Lane!' :lol:

She wasnt an actress but physically I felt Page 3 girl Kathy Lloyd fitted the bill.

Great thread!
:thumbup:
God page 3 in the days they girls were truly stunning. O did like Kathy but was a huge Linda Lusardi fan, and girls like Sue Simmons, Dee Ivens, the lovely Angela Lea and just imagine gladiator Jet aka Diane Youdale now she would have blown everyone away as WW.

This is a geat thread I am loving looking back at the gorgeous women I grew up with and Mr. X god yes I remember seeing he rin the BC movie was it 2 million or 20 thousand years BC LOL!

And who can ever forget Cindy Crawford man I was sooo in love with her.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I always thought the show could have gone on without Lynda since Wonder Woman was really a title and not a name, so her absence from the show could have easily been explained that her identity was exposed and she was forced to return to Paradise Island and thus the new Wonder Woman would be introduced, ie, Tracy Scoggins with a new name and identity to continue the work of the previous Wonder Woman, so the show could have easily continued without Lynda.....
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

In keeping with the mythos, Paradise Island was full of beautiful amazon women, so replacing actresses wouldn't have been a real problem
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

There would have been several options open to the producers:
1. Replace the character with another Wonder Woman from Paradise Island.
2. Keep the original character and have a diegetic explanation for her sudden change of appearance.
3. Just recast and pretend that's how she's always looked.
4. Reboot the franchise. This option may have been suitable to wipe out the Cathy Lee Crosby debacle, but ditching the established branding / style of the Lynda Carter series would have been risky in 1979.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I even thought Joanna Cameron would have been good, even though she was known for playing Isis a few years earlier but she had some amazing legs
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

One of the original actresses up for the role was Joanna Cassidy, who played Zhora the android in Blade Runner in 1982.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Linda Evans with some dark hair.
freefall
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

How about a scenario where Lynda Carters Wonder Woman suffers a humiliating defeat and is forced to her give up her title to a new Amazon ?

I think a German Superwoman played by Sybil Danning could crush Wonder Womans Tiara...

avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

^ I like the idea of some kind of defeat....or at least some scenario where she was deemed unfit to continue as Wonder Woman and was called back to Paradise Island, but that would require some screen time for Lynda Carter, who as legend has it, went a little diva once her husband took control of her career, so a good way to write out Lynda and introduce the new Wonder Woman would be (in my opinion) some voice over intro or scrolling dialogue that explains that Wonder Woman's identity was compromised by the guy who had his voice recorder(Clark Brandon's character in the Boy Who Knew Her Secret) and his saying he saw Diana change into Wonder Woman....perhaps the recorder fell into the wrong hands and forced Diana Prince to quit her job and leave for Paradise Island. Diana's sudden absence could be explained that she just quit her job for personal reasons and a competition was held for the next Wonder Woman and there you have it.....no need to have Lynda film and her absence could easily be explained and the new season could kick off with a new competition that reveals the new Wonder Woman (Tracy Scoggins in my example) and returns to America and assumes an identity and works for a major news paper or something.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Another twist could have been "The Disappearance of Diana Prince". Start Season 4 with Steve Trevor (or one of the new LA characters) finding evidence of a struggle at Diana's trashed apartment. Maybe there could also have been a crushed tiara, revealing that Wonder Woman was defeated there.

Paradise Island would dispatch a new Wonder Woman whose own secret identity would get involved in the IDAC investigation into the disappearance of Diana and WW. Diana would be presumed dead, but the absence of a body would leave the mystery unresolved.

This would have left the door open if Lynda Carter ever became available for a return or a one-off resolution.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Great idea! I also came across some other ladies of the 80s and wanted to add Marla Heasley, yasmine bleeth, and Cynthia Sikes as some possible replacements for Lynda Carter
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The idea of a new Wonder Woman searching for the previous one is an awesome idea actually! There would be the continuing story line of the new Wonder Woman working with Steve and the IADC trying to find Wonder Woman and Diana Prince, while encountering new enemies and situations along the way, but having the underlying story of searching for the missing WW and Diana Prince would be reminiscent of the show Air wolf where Stringfellow Hawk was searching for his missing brother with little bits and pieces of his existence popping up in some episodes.....could have episodes where Diana Prince 's glasses show up along the way, or her IADC id badge or something
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It is an excellent scenario HA !

Bert

600full-connie-sellecca.jpg
600full-connie-sellecca.jpg (287.83 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
Connie Sellecca, of Greatest American Hero, would have been an excellent WW.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

freefallin7575 wrote:How about a scenario where Lynda Carters Wonder Woman suffers a humiliating defeat and is forced to her give up her title to a new Amazon ?

I think a German Superwoman played by Sybil Danning could crush Wonder Womans Tiara...

Aaaaaah! Sybil she was awesome I remembe rher in several films Howling 4 I think iy was when she played Stirba, The Bounty Hunter rols ghe had and as a Valkyrie in a sci fi movie can't believe I missed her, also makes me think of Tawny Kitaen again in Gwendowline and Shannon Tweed may just fit the time frame.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Connie Sellecca was a very attractive lady back then (and probably still is) and although a little on the smaller side, had the look of Wonder Woman. I have a feeling she was very conservative back then so probably wouldn't be completely comfortable in a revealing WW costume, and I would assume the producers would introduce a new costume design for the new season. I've never seen Connie in any swimsuit or revealing pin up type poses, and the few professional photos I've seen she's wearing leotards and tights and she doesn't show any skin. And then there's the whole John Tesch thing
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

avenger wrote:Connie Sellecca was a very attractive lady back then (and probably still is) and although a little on the smaller side, had the look of Wonder Woman. I have a feeling she was very conservative back then so probably wouldn't be completely comfortable in a revealing WW costume, and I would assume the producers would introduce a new costume design for the new season. I've never seen Connie in any swimsuit or revealing pin up type poses, and the few professional photos I've seen she's wearing leotards and tights and she doesn't show any skin. And then there's the whole John Tesch thing
There is one GAH where she's in a swim suit but she had very skinny legs.
WazooBoy
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Victoria Principal