DH Cast & Characters

General discussions about superheroines!
DefeatedHeroines

Just got back the 1st cut of Nightfox' Episode which is Ep 2: Magnetized and all I can say is it is BADASS!!! It's a bit longer than we thought coming in around 28 minutes so I may split it into 2 episodes or it may cost just a little more than I really wanted to price it at… I'm not sure what I want to do just yet… but either way, the whole thing is freaking EPIC!! Jennifer Dark is stellar in it and just as importantly, the villainess is, well, everything a villainess should be! :)
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

DefeatedHeroines wrote:Just got back the 1st cut of Nightfox' Episode which is Ep 2: Magnetized and all I can say is it is BADASS!!! It's a bit longer than we thought coming in around 28 minutes so I may split it into 2 episodes or it may cost just a little more than I really wanted to price it at… I'm not sure what I want to do just yet… but either way, the whole thing is freaking EPIC!! Jennifer Dark is stellar in it and just as importantly, the villainess is, well, everything a villainess should be! :)
Any chance of posting more stills from the shoot? ;)
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

DefeatedHeroines wrote:Just got back the 1st cut of Nightfox' Episode which is Ep 2: Magnetized and all I can say is it is BADASS!!! It's a bit longer than we thought coming in around 28 minutes so I may split it into 2 episodes or it may cost just a little more than I really wanted to price it at… I'm not sure what I want to do just yet… but either way, the whole thing is freaking EPIC!! Jennifer Dark is stellar in it and just as importantly, the villainess is, well, everything a villainess should be! :)
I think better in one part, it will not get too fragmented now depends on your choice ad the price
Slone
Henchman
Henchman

You can't just drop this on us without posting a couple caps!
DefeatedHeroines

staggerlee wrote:
Any chance of posting more stills from the shoot? ;)
Yes, but not til later tonight. The cuts I get back are low quality so I won't pull from those. I can pull from raw footage, but I can't guarantee every shot I post would make it to the final cut doing it that way. I'm supposed to get the final delivery later on today so I can pull HD shots from the actual final file when I get that and post for you pretty quickly!
DefeatedHeroines

valugi wrote:
I think better in one part, it will not get too fragmented now depends on your choice ad the price
Well, I have no idea right now lol I see the prices that everyone else offers but my quality is pretty good over here so it wouldn't be fair to match that or be lower… a 28 minute film that we did as well as we did would make sense to be $35-$40 but the $40 mark kinda scares me… I think that's on the high end… $35 seems comfortable… but splitting into 2 would allow for lower pricing… yeah, I have no idea. :ninja:
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A ots carry wearing that outfit is a must!Can't wait for the first release,trying to save up now :)

Richard
DefeatedHeroines

Richpartist wrote:A ots carry wearing that outfit is a must!Can't wait for the first release,trying to save up now :)

Richard
No OTS for Nightfox just yet… the first episode for her ends in a drag-away… but there is an OTS for Valor ;)
admin

I will group all the character threads into one thread. Send me a PM and let me know what you want it called.
DefeatedHeroines

I posted plenty of screenshots for Ep2 with Nightfox for you!!! http://www.defeatedheroines.com/episode ... tized.html
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

DefeatedHeroines wrote:I posted plenty of screenshots for Ep2 with Nightfox for you!!! http://www.defeatedheroines.com/episode ... tized.html
YES!!! GOD THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!!!
DefeatedHeroines

I just finished the trailer! It's up!! Check it out!! :)

http://www.defeatedheroines.com/episode ... tized.html
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

DefeatedHeroines wrote:I just finished the trailer! It's up!! Check it out!! :)

http://www.defeatedheroines.com/episode ... tized.html
I liked the trailer, I'm looking forward to the release, with some predicting the situation of credit cards?
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

No ots YET but there is something about a woman wearing that kind of outfit(tight white leggings like outfit)being carried ots.THATS what I call a video hit :)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Add this to my fetish list,white skirt with white panties and pantyhose.Sort of like a USC Song Girl(or Charger Girl) if she were a superheroine.
smashTFC
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

The production values look amazing. I hope this turns out successful for you
The Fembot Lab
[urlhttp://thefembotlab.deviantart.com/[/url]
DefeatedHeroines

smashTFC wrote:The production values look amazing. I hope this turns out successful for you

I'm hoping so too!! We're trying to make some kick-ass videos here! :)
DefeatedHeroines

Richpartist wrote:No ots YET but there is something about a woman wearing that kind of outfit(tight white leggings like outfit)being carried ots.THATS what I call a video hit :)
Oh, there will be OTS. Yes, there will DEFINITELY be OTS… :ninja:
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DefeatedHeroines wrote:
Richpartist wrote:No ots YET but there is something about a woman wearing that kind of outfit(tight white leggings like outfit)being carried ots.THATS what I call a video hit :)
I think I said this before but I'll say it again,I should just forward all my paychecks to you if you make the kind of videos I think you are going to make. :)

Richard
Viraleus
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

DefeatedHeroines wrote: Well, I have no idea right now lol I see the prices that everyone else offers but my quality is pretty good over here so it wouldn't be fair to match that or be lower… a 28 minute film that we did as well as we did would make sense to be $35-$40 but the $40 mark kinda scares me… I think that's on the high end… $35 seems comfortable… but splitting into 2 would allow for lower pricing… yeah, I have no idea. :ninja:
I hate to bring the pessimism, especially for a producer whose work I'm eagerly anticipating, but we call this a cash grab when Hollywood does it (Hobbit). And who am I to begrudge anyone for making a profit? At the end of the day, I am a consumer and what I want is the best product. I just needed to make my concern known. If you can split a movie and give me a great experience EACH time, then that's one thing. But to watch a movie and feel it's lacking or stuffed with filler because its content was split... that's something I take great offense at.
DefeatedHeroines

Richpartist wrote:
DefeatedHeroines wrote:
I think I said this before but I'll say it again,I should just forward all my paychecks to you if you make the kind of videos I think you are going to make. :)

Richard
Well, if you buy the 1st 2 and they're NOT up to par, make sure you tell me so I can correct that ;)
DefeatedHeroines

Viraleus wrote:
DefeatedHeroines wrote: Well, I have no idea right now lol I see the prices that everyone else offers but my quality is pretty good over here so it wouldn't be fair to match that or be lower… a 28 minute film that we did as well as we did would make sense to be $35-$40 but the $40 mark kinda scares me… I think that's on the high end… $35 seems comfortable… but splitting into 2 would allow for lower pricing… yeah, I have no idea. :ninja:
I hate to bring the pessimism, especially for a producer whose work I'm eagerly anticipating, but we call this a cash grab when Hollywood does it (Hobbit). And who am I to begrudge anyone for making a profit? At the end of the day, I am a consumer and what I want is the best product. I just needed to make my concern known. If you can split a movie and give me a great experience EACH time, then that's one thing. But to watch a movie and feel it's lacking or stuffed with filler because its content was split... that's something I take great offense at.
Which part was the cash grab? I've put A LOT of money already into filming each one of these… enough to buy a small car… I don't do filler. I've seen it done to death and I refuse to do that. It's a horrible sales ploy and it shows a lack of creativity IMHO. Plus, I can't fill it with fluff or filler since it's already been filmed anyway. What I'm talking about here is the fact that I meant to make a 15-20 minute film and it ended up being 30 minutes… double… so, in order to make back the extra I had to pay in editing, I have to decide where the price point will be… and just like I said… I still haven't made up my mind where it's gonna be. I have seen the whole price wars threads on this forum over the years and I will say that I'm not going to have that happen. I've seen people ask for films to be $10-$15 when the films are 20-30 minutes long. That's insane to ask for from someone who puts a lot of time, money, and effort into their product… we're obviously hoping to make a profit so we can continue what we're doing or there would be no point in doing this because "doing it for the art" is a nice way of saying "I can't make money doing what I wanna do"… I don't take it as pessimism though. As a Superheroine Fetish fan, you've got to be wise when you spend your money since theirs so much content out there now. Really, it's just gonna be whether or not you decide to buy it when I finally do make up my mind about how I price it :geek:
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

If content justifies price, I might give it a go...just depends on what's in the vid.
Viraleus
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Jason, no disrespect was intended, but I had to voice my concern as a consumer. Judging by the images you've shared, it's obvious your movies are going to be high end. And they deserve to be priced as such. I don't dispute that.

In hindsight, I should've avoided the negative "cash grab" term, but the idea of breaking past the $40 mark really got me worked up. Heck, even Heroine Legends has had a couple $39.99 releases, so maybe that day isn't far off. Everyone has their spending limit and I've realized just how close I am to reaching mine.

But not before giving your site and videos a fair shake. So bring em on finally! :sly:
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

Love the trailer, really can't wait to purchase. Don't split it up though, I truly hate that crap. Just feels fragmented and frustrating, I'd rather pay the full price and get the full product ($35 would probably be reasonable)
DefeatedHeroines

staggerlee wrote:Love the trailer, really can't wait to purchase. Don't split it up though, I truly hate that crap. Just feels fragmented and frustrating, I'd rather pay the full price and get the full product ($35 would probably be reasonable)
We've decided to keep it as one film because there's no good "split point" that would do it justice. We just have to accept that we wrote a story that was a bit too long and be more careful next time… :)
DefeatedHeroines

Viraleus wrote:Jason, no disrespect was intended, but I had to voice my concern as a consumer. Judging by the images you've shared, it's obvious your movies are going to be high end. And they deserve to be priced as such. I don't dispute that.

In hindsight, I should've avoided the negative "cash grab" term, but the idea of breaking past the $40 mark really got me worked up. Heck, even Heroine Legends has had a couple $39.99 releases, so maybe that day isn't far off. Everyone has their spending limit and I've realized just how close I am to reaching mine.

But not before giving your site and videos a fair shake. So bring em on finally! :sly:
I totally understand, no harm done! I'm not the type to argue or take offense or any of that nonsense… I know that Logan has said many times that he doesn't like to be at the $39.99 mark and now I understand how he got there. Too much crammed into a single video making it longer than it should've been and because of the time it took to film it, you just want to recoup the money you put in at least… like I said in my post, I don't want to be at $40 either. I think $35 is comfortable for the amount you get in the film but I still haven't fully decided yet. I also have to consider that everyone on the Allegiance Club list gets a discount when I release it which would make it somewhere around $30 for them. The business side isn't the fun part… which is why I'm planning my whole month of September to be non-stop filming lol
DefeatedHeroines

If you are eagerly awaiting the release of Defeated Heroines (I know I am!), remember, you can be a part of the Allegiance Club for discounts and early releases! Here's the sign-up form: http://www.defeatedheroines.com/allegiance-club.html
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

Any idea when you'll be able to release these movies? Also, the site says both movies are $29.99 each, which seems reasonable for the quality/length - is that the true price?
DefeatedHeroines

staggerlee wrote:Any idea when you'll be able to release these movies? Also, the site says both movies are $29.99 each, which seems reasonable for the quality/length - is that the true price?
The 1st price is set. The 2nd one may go to $34.99. I'm still working on it actually. Not 100% sure on that one yet, but Valor's Escape will be $29.99… a little less for the Early Release which will be a 2-day pre-sale type of deal. We are supposed to find out on Tuesday if we are approved or not to accept credit cards… then they have to finalize and then I have to implement it into my system so I think I'm still a week away. ugh.
DefeatedHeroines

So someone asked me if our type was brunettes with dark hair… no, it's not, and yes, we have all brunettes so far. Blondes have just been impossible to get. Either they want way more than they're worth, or they are covered in tattoos, or they aren't professional, and/or they're hard to come by out here… it's just been a real challenge to get a blonde… especially one to commit to the Angelstar character… we will keep plugging away though!

We did announce our Black Canary type character on our updates page though ;)
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

DefeatedHeroines wrote:So someone asked me if our type was brunettes with dark hair… no, it's not, and yes, we have all brunettes so far. Blondes have just been impossible to get. Either they want way more than they're worth, or they are covered in tattoos, or they aren't professional, and/or they're hard to come by out here… it's just been a real challenge to get a blonde… especially one to commit to the Angelstar character… we will keep plugging away though!

Too bad I thought Angela Sommers would make a great Angelstar, have been behind JC Marie or another blonde actress in the business? was also realizing that all the characters were brunettes, was good vary slightly :thumbup:

Have some redheads and blondes would be interesting
Slone
Henchman
Henchman

Aww, Angela Sommers is no longer Angelstar?

Isn't Capri a blonde?
DefeatedHeroines

valugi wrote:
DefeatedHeroines wrote:So someone asked me if our type was brunettes with dark hair… no, it's not, and yes, we have all brunettes so far. Blondes have just been impossible to get. Either they want way more than they're worth, or they are covered in tattoos, or they aren't professional, and/or they're hard to come by out here… it's just been a real challenge to get a blonde… especially one to commit to the Angelstar character… we will keep plugging away though!

Too bad I thought Angela Sommers would make a great Angelstar, have been behind JC Marie or another blonde actress in the business? was also realizing that all the characters were brunettes, was good vary slightly :thumbup:

Have some redheads and blondes would be interesting
Some blondes and redheads would be GREAT!!! But it's been hard as hell to find them!! (Most of the blondes who wanted to take on these roles had too many tattoos)
DefeatedHeroines

Slone wrote:Aww, Angela Sommers is no longer Angelstar?

Isn't Capri a blonde?
Yeah, she's blonde now and she will be for the character so I guess I half-lied lol but I meant a full-on natural blonde for the Supergirl part…. I have 3 characters that need to be blonde… grr...
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

So...what happened with Angela Sommers? Was kinda lookin' forward to that.
DefeatedHeroines

ranger87 wrote:So...what happened with Angela Sommers? Was kinda lookin' forward to that.
Yeah, us too… it was our fault to post her… she was semi-confirmed through her agent, but then didn't get back to her agent, then there was no follow-up. I read that she was filming with another girl in the Superheroine Peril genre so you'll see her eventually! We are still on the lookout for a blonde (actually, 3) but it's been really hard because of the tattoo thing…
Gomur
Henchman
Henchman

As someone who is easily put off by tattoos on a superheroine, I'm glad that you're putting this much effort into casting. Keep up the great work!
DefeatedHeroines

Gomur wrote:As someone who is easily put off by tattoos on a superheroine, I'm glad that you're putting this much effort into casting. Keep up the great work!

Yeah, it obviously kills the fetish, right? How would a Superheroine get a tattoo? Most can't have anything penetrate the skin… thanks for being supportive!! :)
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I appreciate you screening for tattoos as well. To me they are completely out of character for a super heroine.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

viking wrote:I appreciate you screening for tattoos as well. To me they are completely out of character for a super heroine.
Ditto.I can live with them on villains or if, like Paris Kennedy, they are covered up when she plays a heroine but it obviously depends on where the tats are as to if you can conceal them or not, so yeah absolutely, its worth hanging on for a gal with the right look.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).