another poll for curiosity purposes

General discussions about superheroines!

What matters most to you in a superhero film? (choose 3)

Story
8%
Peril
16%
Heroine wins
3%
Heroine loses
8%
Size and strength of opponent
1%
Super powers and visual effects
4%
Martial arts choreography
2%
Wrestling moves
2%
Locations
0%
Costume type or quality
18%
Price of film
4%
Acting ability
8%
Torture
4%
New plot
0%
Existing plot recreated
1%
Unmasking
3%
KO/Death
6%
Male vs female
2%
Female vs female
8%
Other
2%

Total votes: 259
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

So I attached a poll to this. If you choose "other" please elaborate in the comments here!

Logan
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Bit of a wildcard here but how about 'which models are in it'? :D
Also would have thought 'nudity'/sexual peril would've been an option rather than relegated to the realms of 'Other'?
A genuine other for me would be the number of gals involved and the roles/characters they have .(by role I mean large or cameo)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

I'm not happy you combined KO-Death into the same category. I think the two are distinctly different.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:Bit of a wildcard here but how about 'which models are in it'? :D
Also would have thought 'nudity'/sexual peril would've been an option rather than relegated to the realms of 'Other'?
A genuine other for me would be the number of gals involved and the roles/characters they have .(by role I mean large or cameo)
The reason I didn't include it is because, as a PG-13 producer, we don't include nudity or sexual peril in our films, so even though I know it's important, it doesn't really help me as a producer for our next batch of films. :)

Logan
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

sgz6 wrote:I'm not happy you combined KO-Death into the same category. I think the two are distinctly different.
I could only include 20 options in the poll-- I ran out of room-- and they are basically the same process when filming for me.

Logan
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

HeroineLegends wrote: The reason I didn't include it is because, as a PG-13 producer, we don't include nudity or sexual peril in our films, so even though I know it's important, it doesn't really help me as a producer for our next batch of films. :)

Logan
Ahh, get where you are coming from now, I took it as a general interest in trends
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

sgz6 wrote:
I'm not happy you combined KO-Death into the same category. I think the two are distinctly different.

I could only include 20 options in the poll-- I ran out of room-- and they are basically the same process when filming for me.
Understood. I'm all for KO but death is a sales killer for me. Hope that's helpful!
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

I agree with previous post. Model is importnat too. If the model is unattractive I'm out.
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

I agree with previous post. Model is importnat too. If the model is unattractive I'm out.
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I Choose Female vs Female, Story and Peril, but i agree the model is very important, but as we know the actresses heroine legends that overall are fantastic (vega, Allura, Mytic and others), so I marked these options
colt13
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Interesting question. Hotness of model plays a factor, but acting ability and willingness to sell peril/torture is even more important. For a two model shoot, both need to be great. For three or more, the lead heroine and villain need to be great. The others can be hot, and gain experience as the kidnapped woman, inexperienced heroine, henchmen muscle, and so forth.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

valugi wrote:I Choose Female vs Female, Story and Peril, but i agree the model is very important, but as we know the actresses heroine legends that overall are fantastic (vega, Allura, Mytic and others), so I marked these options
I went this way as well and agree that actresses play a big roll too. No point in having the best looking Supergirl ever if she can't do a line of dialogue or act.
Makes sense, sorry if I came off a little touchy thanks for explaining.

I'm a big KO fan so its always great to have a few in a video. Whether from chloro/gas, fighting, or a weakness (kryptonite), though I prefer the first and third myself. So even though I can't pick it in the poll I'd add KO in as well.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
ledonatello
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Costume Quality. Heroine Loses. Heroine KO/Death.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

sgz6 wrote:
valugi wrote:I Choose Female vs Female, Story and Peril, but i agree the model is very important, but as we know the actresses heroine legends that overall are fantastic (vega, Allura, Mytic and others), so I marked these options
I went this way as well and agree that actresses play a big roll too. No point in having the best looking Supergirl ever if she can't do a line of dialogue or act.
Makes sense, sorry if I came off a little touchy thanks for explaining.

I'm a big KO fan so its always great to have a few in a video. Whether from chloro/gas, fighting, or a weakness (kryptonite), though I prefer the first and third myself. So even though I can't pick it in the poll I'd add KO in as well.
No worries there-- I figured the 20-option limit wasn't known across the board… I didn't know about it until it errored out at 21 options ;)

Logan
free391
Neophyte
Neophyte

Body type. I like voluptuous. I really prefer leggy.
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

I selected "other" instead of just "peril" because I personally like to see a "tables turned" scenario. Too many one-sided peril vids out there, I like my heroine to be cocky and kick a lot of ass before she gets the rug pulled out from under her. Makes the humiliation aspect so much better.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

staggerlee wrote:I selected "other" instead of just "peril" because I personally like to see a "tables turned" scenario. Too many one-sided peril vids out there, I like my heroine to be cocky and kick a lot of ass before she gets the rug pulled out from under her. Makes the humiliation aspect so much better.
I agree… we have a film called "Agent Files 2: Bait and Switch" which is like that-- we need to do more.

Logan
harriertalon
Henchman
Henchman

Peril first and foremost - the heroine needs to be in some kind of trouble. That ties into -

Story - because I like to see something a little more than Thugs beat up Wonder Woman

Finally - Costume - at least for me. While I like models to be pretty, I'm into this because of the costumes - they're superheroines - so they need to dress the part. Otherwise I just have a pretty girl in peril. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not the thing I'm looking for.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

harriertalon wrote:Peril first and foremost - the heroine needs to be in some kind of trouble. That ties into -

Story - because I like to see something a little more than Thugs beat up Wonder Woman

Finally - Costume - at least for me. While I like models to be pretty, I'm into this because of the costumes - they're superheroines - so they need to dress the part. Otherwise I just have a pretty girl in peril. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not the thing I'm looking for.
noted :)

Logan
TheFiend
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

A good costume first or i don't even look any further.

A decent story and good acting are always a plus, especially for sequel potential.

Peril is a must, preferably with bondage involved for me.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Similar to previous comments the actress/model/character is important to me.

Naturally I chose perilbut that is such a wode area, I can't explain why but for me watching a seemingly invincible superheroine being overpowered when NOT completely depowered is so exciting.
Like when SG was thrown against the vending machine inSG 1984 or when WW first fought Formicida and got thrown around a little.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more