Superheroine Central

General discussions about superheroines!
Chester3488
Neophyte
Neophyte

Does anyone remember this website?
Are they still active?

Superheroine Central
Rifferus
Producer
Producer

Still kinda active. Somewhat infrequent updates, but they're still chugging along.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

According to the updates section it doesn't appear that they've done anything since last year. I've joined on and off to get the 8 weeks or so of content, but really there's been nothing all that special or great there in recent memory. That site used to be awesome but they have really been passed by just about every one else now in terms of content and quality.

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed something for January...but it's mostly re-posted content. If you like your updates every 2 months or so than that site is for you, lol.
littl3
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

This place and wizards lair are still full of some of my fave erotica in the genre... ;)
greenknight
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Rifferus wrote:Still kinda active. Somewhat infrequent updates, but they're still chugging along.
"Somewhat infrequent updates" is being extremely nice. They have not been on time with their updates since 2007. As of today (1/22/2013), DanO is 106 weeks behind schedule. :blink:
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I agree, it is a shame.

Y'know, I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, so maybe you guys can explain this to me. They've got very little new content, so there's no reason for people to renew their Superheroine Central memberships. And they've got a boatload of old content more than 8 weeks old, so that's unavailable to us.

Why don't they just pack it up and post all their material on clip4sale and images4sale? We get access to their stuff, they get a new revenue stream, and the site owners have the freedom to move along with their lives? Sure, the revenue stream is finite, but it's something, which is more than they're getting now.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I bet there would be a good market for some of SHC's full length movies if they were put together correctly.

I rember American Fox but I never managed to get the whole movie I woud buy that in full form in a heartbeat.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

You can get most of the old content on their site store, however to me it's way too expensive, especially given the quality of most of the video files. I bought one of their downloadable packs because it had some older Harmony stuff with it including some Spellbinder vids but the resolution was awful and half the vids were missing sound.
aerosmith
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Forget that site--absolutely horrific service
HeroineFanboy
Henchman
Henchman

Grrrrrrr! :-)
staggerlee
Sargeant
Sargeant

They need to really pull their heads out of their assess and launch a clips4sale store. It's the only way I'd ever consider buying from them again - it's absolutely insane that they haven't done it with how infrequently they update. Even sooperhero.com got on the clips4sale wagon.
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Speaking of sooperhero.com. It appears that they haven't updated the site since 11/9/12. Does anyone know what is going on there that would prevent a update for over four months?
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

I think sooperhero.com has been on the rocks for awhile, if I'm not mistaken the guy running the site was down to using his wife as a model and she won't show her face hence some of the vids shot from neck down or the ones using the full zentai suits. Great archive of old pics/content though on the site that it's worth joining for just to grab some of the original heroine in peril stuff.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

They need to really pull their heads out of their assess and launch a clips4sale store. It's the only way I'd ever consider buying from them again - it's absolutely insane that they haven't done it with how infrequently they update. Even sooperhero.com got on the clips4sale wagon.
@Staggerlee, I couldn't agree more. Maybe the Superheroine Central folks feel like putting their content on clips4sale is a last gasp. It's an admission that their best days are behind them, and they're too proud to have a fire sale.

What they're missing is, even a fire sale means sales. They should put their material on clips4sale, move along with their lives, and collect a modest check every so often. It's more than they're making now.

I belonged for a while, back when they updated. I'm into the comics, but would pay the going rate for their clips & photos. But I refuse to pay those outrageous CD prices. Pity I can't buy only the clips & photos I want.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

tamonicus wrote:
@Staggerlee, I couldn't agree more. Maybe the Superheroine Central folks feel like putting their content on clips4sale is a last gasp. It's an admission that their best days are behind them, and they're too proud to have a fire sale.

What they're missing is, even a fire sale means sales. They should put their material on clips4sale, move along with their lives, and collect a modest check every so often. It's more than they're making now.

I belonged for a while, back when they updated. I'm into the comics, but would pay the going rate for their clips & photos. But I refuse to pay those outrageous CD prices. Pity I can't buy only the clips & photos I want.
Either this or allow downloads from their site for individual videos. I love all their Ultra Woman stuff, but no way am I paying out the nose for an entire CD filled with other junk that I don't want just to get the UW vids/pics. You would think they would do well on C4S, I mean sometimes I laugh at the stores I see on there but they are obviously making sales, don't see why SC couldn't do the same.
nytallguy5
Neophyte
Neophyte

Chester the site Superheroine Central has some good contenet but I never joined. If you are interested in trading some material I would like to see some of those pics.
nomad36
Neophyte
Neophyte

Ended getting a link to this string... (I'm on the late train choo-choo) I have been following that site since 2002 and I was able to deal w/ the status-quo regarding updates. DanO has done some good things like Stinger, Sibling Rivalry, and American Fox. He made a great call using Rebecca Love. I think SHC is a good bang for the buck when he does update b/c now you have to pay @least $20 for a single clip from sites and sometimes you get buyers remorse w/ that one clip. I hope he does get his head out of his ass and starts to update again and maybe even add to the site store.
JoeC
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I'm not optimistic about him pulling his head out and getting the site back on track, but I sure wish he would.

Even with all the little complaints I have about the work (Good Lord I hate that loud guitar repetition! Have to mute most of the clips.) it's still better than most of the new releases.

Hottest models ever.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A few problems with the buyer's remorse issue is that you'll only get a few clips that hardly form 1/3 of a full video. If it's the art, then at best you may get two parts of one storyline by the artist you're interested in. Updates are almost less than one a month. Though $20 is sometimes cheaper than some of the deals offered by various sites, the SHC deal is terrible. As astutely observed above, the music in the videos is too loud, the clips are too short, the story-lines last months, and the quality of the videos are mediocre.
But the biggest problem I have is Dan's total disregard for his customers. He NEVER acknowledges his repeated missed updates, yet he still has the false advertising on his page of weekly updates. It makes me laugh when I read Member's Area updates on Thursday -- Free Area updates on Friday. (Unless the Member's side is behind schedule.)" The Members' Area is ALWASY behind! But never has Dan acknowledged his ridiculous schedule or given a semblance of a reason for not being punctual.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
greenknight
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

sugarcoater wrote:But the biggest problem I have is Dan's total disregard for his customers. He NEVER acknowledges his repeated missed updates, yet he still has the false advertising on his page of weekly updates. It makes me laugh when I read Member's Area updates on Thursday -- Free Area updates on Friday. (Unless the Member's side is behind schedule.)" The Members' Area is ALWASY behind! But never has Dan acknowledged his ridiculous schedule or given a semblance of a reason for not being punctual.
Well to be fair, he has acknowledged that the schedule has fallen behind in the past. And he has come up with reasons why they're late (at least in the member's area). Unfortunately he's done this over and over, ad naseum, to the point where he will never catch up and where they're no longer reasons - they're excuses. I think he's gone through every excuse in the book at least 10 times. He may no longer give the acknowledgements and excuses anymore, because why expend the effort? Much like the boy who cried wolf, he could very well have a valid reason on any single occasion, but who would believe him at this point? And yes, I do believe he is the poster child for false advertising.
Calculon
Neophyte
Neophyte

While the occasional comic (most notably the stuff out of Legio Studios) is really amazing, those updates come only a couple times a year. The guiding philosophy behind the site seems to be "string the customer along for as long as humanly possible while holding our content hostage." Luckily, it's embarrassingly easy to access all the site's old content, provided you have a membership.

Basically, you're paying twenty bucks a month to read excuses about why there's no new content. It's such a shame because while the videos are fifth-rate (anyone could generate that quality of content at a rate of a video a week, easily) and the photo stories are Z-grade, the comics are the best I've ever seen. It would be nice to see one actually taken to completion.

If they bit the bullet and just focused on one thing at a time until it was completed, they could probably pull their asses out of the fire. As it stands, the content management and customer care are positively abysmal.
tonyz63
Neophyte
Neophyte

I'm a comic fan tried and true and would love to find a list of the comics SC has put out over the years. Or even a wiki with the Character profiles would work. I remember starting a spreadsheet of the characters and there are so many (especially Foxes) that the mind boggles how they can not produce material enough to keep their fans happy.

Just my 2 cents,

Tony
locito277
Neophyte
Neophyte

Anyone know when the next princess power will be up? She is so hot!!
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

For anyone who is a member, has it really been THREE MONTHS since the last update? Are they still charging every month for members? Anyone have an idea of what's going on with those guys?

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

greenknight
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

sugarcoater wrote:For anyone who is a member, has it really been THREE MONTHS since the last update? Are they still charging every month for members? Anyone have an idea of what's going on with those guys?
It sure has - approaching 4 months as we speak. To further illustrate the ridiculous update schedule, below is a current screen grab of the update timeline in the member's area. This is supposed to be 8 weeks of updates. Instead, 8 weeks have been stretched to almost 11 MONTHS!

I'm paying a fraction of the normal cost for monthly membership because I complained but it's getting to the point where even that amount is no longer reasonable. As far as I know they are still charging every month for members. I, too, wish I knew what was going on.
SHC Updates.JPG
SHC Updates.JPG (30.27 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

That pic is an amazing summary of incompetence. Wow.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I'm amazed that anyone is still paying anything.
teotwawki
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Fell for this sites Hype a few years back...Only kept me on the hook for about 3 months and I cancelled the membership...Still surprised they can still get people to sign up.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Really a shame, they used to have some of the sexiest models and best costumes in the business, but they've long since been passed by.