Explain this one: Supergirl vs. Wonder Woman

General discussions about superheroines!
SupergirlLover
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Before all the hate mail begins this is a serious question.
How is Wonder Woman better then Supergirl? Personally Wonder Woman is stupid. Not saying she isn't sexy hot or any other positive descriptions. Let me elaborate on my opinion here. Wonder Woman was originally the all american patriot heroine, right? Bracelettes are forgivable, but the invisible plane? What the hell is that about? The whole her battling the Nazi's thing was fine. Then out of nowhere she all of a sudden (that doesn't sound right out of nowhere then all of a sudden) oh well, she became the Amazon Princess? Here is where the problem comes in (for me at least) Amazon Princess. The costume is still the american patriot girl thing. OK America is still a patriarchal society. The Amazons are Matriarchal. Strike one. Thought I like the costume very complimentary to her body but... OK now the bracelettes thing, she is self entitled stronger then Superman but still uses the bracelettes to block bullets? She is supposedly femenine but Amazons are emasculating and raped men so strike 2. Didn't Hercules kill all the Amazons? Hypolita in particular? Did that even get an explanation? Ok now here is me just venting I had more but no one cares. Supergirl is more iconic but Wonder Woman is more used in vids why is that? Wonder Woman is a dolt. She just always looks (and sometimes acts) like she's got a screw loose.

This is in no way disparraging the models who portray her as I said I like Wonder Woman (But love Supergirl) and I think she just needs to go away for like a month. plus didn't Diana Knight kill her off? (I know)
What I am trying to say not so subtly is more Supergirl less wonder woman (for a while at least)

Ok I think this post warrants hate mail.
Bring it.........
lol
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I like WW because she is more womanly. I also like brunettes. And WW can be depowered easily by removing the belt... at least that's the way she is portrayed. She's haughty and arrogant which makes for better beating her. Plus she wears more of a swimsuit vs some skirt and the suit can reveal her boobs better. Plus there is something about a patriotic heroine to me.

Supergirl seems girlish to me and can only be beat with kryptonite or red sun which kryptonite seems very rare and valuable. Supergirl seems a lot more work to beat and so won't go down from some thugs.

Overall I'd say its the difference between a woman and a girl. SG is just too girlish. WW seems more womanly.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I think aswell that its easier to demonstrate WWs abilities/powers - the tiara can be thrown, the lasso can be used with SG her vision and flying requires more effort to portray. Both can obviously show their strength by tossing a bad guy around. So that and the more revealing costume I think tends towards more WW than SG at the moment.
Hell, I like em both, and you'll probably find its swings and roundabouts, WW for a spell in most vids, then it'll be SG, then back to WW.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I dont think it warrants hate mail, but if I read your post right, it started off as question about the origin of Wonder Woman and then ended up asking why Supergirl isn't portrayed more in fetish videos.

I think there's a lot of reasons for it, but I'll give my top reason.

Like Mr. X pointed out, there are a lot of ways to beat Wonder Woman. With Supergirl you have to get a little more creative.

If it's a battle between WW and Supergirl? Supergirl wins every time.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I've written stories for both and WW is easier to portray since her personality is much more clearly defined than SG's. She's got an imperious tone about her whereas SG in both comic books and films, that I've seen anyway, is all over the map in terms of how she is written and acted. They both have their sexy attributes and it's very hot when either of them is in peril. For myself, I come down on SG's side and also wish they had more videos and stories about her.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Supergirl is still portrayed a lot, in one form or another. I'd say Wonder Woman and Supergirl are the top two. Batgirl may be third. I'd like to see more marvel heroines represented by our top superheroine fetish producers. Just a thought.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

One thing I would add is WW seems more like she'd have a secret fetish she wants to get caught where as super girl just seems like a crying teen girl to me.
SupergirlLover
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Crying teen girl? She is a teen girl in almost every portrayal of her. In the Matrix rendition (which is my fav) she is considered to be even younger. Also Supergirl is more then 1 dimensional where as Wonder Woman isn't.
One more thing Wonder Woman is a stupid name.
JoeC
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Two words: Star Panties.

Love it.
Gus Goreman, Jr.
Henchman
Henchman

MightyHypnotic wrote:If it's a battle between WW and Supergirl? Supergirl wins every time.
Supergirl could not beat WW in a fight! Wonder Woman would mop the floor with Supergirl ... Wonder Woman is 2nd to only Superman, who's supposed to be the most powerful in the DCU. Supergirl and Superman have the same powers but they aren't equals
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Plus WW is a trained combatant. She even beat Batman in a fair fight. Supergirl seems to rely solely on her powers. In fact WW could probably beat Superman given WW is trained and Superman just relies on his abilities. WW is Supergirl with Kung Fu.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Gus Goreman, Jr. wrote:
MightyHypnotic wrote:If it's a battle between WW and Supergirl? Supergirl wins every time.
Supergirl could not beat WW in a fight! Wonder Woman would mop the floor with Supergirl ... Wonder Woman is 2nd to only Superman, who's supposed to be the most powerful in the DCU. Supergirl and Superman have the same powers but they aren't equals
Was going to comment on this but you beat me to it. SG is basically a watered down(heavily) version of Superman. Wonder Woman would beat the snot out of her. Powergirl may have a chance, but not Supergirl.

That having been said I honestly don't care much for WW or Superman as characters. I always enjoyed the Kryptonite perils for SG more so than WW getting Chloroformed, however Supergirl as a "comic" character has been doomed by absolutely horrid writing, don't even get me started on the new 52 Supergirl, it's god awful.

I really do wish though that someone would do some SG peril vids using the hotpants and deep-V neckline costume she wore back in the day. I know Adara Steele did a few pics with that costume but never anything with peril.
Gus Goreman, Jr.
Henchman
Henchman

Well, you know I thought about it ...

In the comics, WW could beat Supergirl ...

However, how many of us refer to Wonder Woman or Supergirl from the comics rather than the beloved versions from the television show and movie. So I will concede, in a fight, TV Wonder Woman couldn't beat the Supergirl from the movie.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Alright have to speak in defense now of my beloved Girl of Steel.

Supergirl is a character that has been mishandled by writers. When she's at her best though, she's a classic scifi character who can reflect upon humanity. Much like Data from Star Trek she while looking human isn't. A stranger to the planet she is truly the Last of Krypton where Superman is basically a human who is in a kryptonian body. Supergirl has to deal with the fact she grew up on a really advanced world and now is thrown onto ours as a complete stranger. Kara learns why humanity is worth defending. Of course we don't always get this in the story telling. The latter half of her Pre-Nu52 run was really good cause of this.

Anyway enough on character time to focus on powers.

Even if Supergirl is a Superman Lite, we're talking Superman so a lite version of him is still really powerful. Wonder Woman is basically a demi-god but I don't see her in the same power class. Not saying I don't like WW at all, but if I'm taking sides, I'm on Supergirl's.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Superman has been greatly depowered over the years which irks me. Silver Age Superman was absurd but they've been slowly whittling him down. So its hard to gauge anything when they keep pumping WW up and pulling SM down.

And I agree its hard to top star spangled booty.
Superman246o1
Henchman
Henchman

This is like when someone asks me if I want a hamburger or a hot dog.

I'll have both, thanks.