Invincible Season 2 (Amazon, 2023)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Invincible Season 2 kicked off earlier this month. Surprised nobody posted about it.

Best episode so far is Episode 4, because we get two knock-down drag-out fights involving hot female characters:
- On the planet Thrax, Mark and Nolan fight against three invading Viltrumites, one of which is a sexy superwoman who has long braids with
killing knives on their tips, like Black Scorpion. I was getting a very "Zod, Faora and Non" vibe from this bloody fight.
- Back on Earth, Atom Eve catches Killcannon invading the headquarters of the Global Guardians and they wind up having a punishing battle
on the bridge where Atom Eve is caught in a moment of deadly peril with Killcannon's boot on her head about to stomp her into the asphalt.
She wins the battle in the end, though. Atom Eve is really beautiful in this episode.

Also, another cool segment is the origin of Allen the Alien (personally brought to life by Seth Rogen) and how he became a super-strong agent of the Council of Planets. That's in Episode 3.

There are also some "sexy times" which definitely make this a rated-R production:
- Mark and Amber take all of their clothes off and have sex in the dorm. Amber wonders whether he has "super sperm" (ha ha, reference to 'Rappers Delight' as well as 'Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex') and also whether he will crush her if he is on top. He promises he won't.
- Rex Splode catches Dupli-Kate having sex with The Immortal in the showers at Guardians HQ. He is tipped off when he notices one of the several
Duplti-Kate making an "O Face" as she is talking to him. That must have been fun to voice-act for VA Melise Jow.
- Nolan does a tongue-kiss with his insectoid Thraxan wife Andressa - it's kind of disgusting but hey, different strokes for different species.

After watching this, I also found out about the RPG game which Skybound Games released: "Invincible Presents: Atom Eve", which came out on Nov 14.
Apparently, you can either purchase it on the Skybound Games site for $9.99, or you can play it on Steam.
Here's the Steam link.

I watched a female developer play it live on the Steam site for about 20 minutes. The game includes live game play (Atom Eve fighting criminals on a bridge) and also many story segments set up like a "Choose Your Own Adventure". In addition to Atom Eve, you do see Mark
and the members of the Teen Team (Robot, Dupli-Kate, and Rex Splode). It's interesting that Kirkman and his team chose to make the first Invincible game about Atom Eve rather than Mark (Invincible himself), and as a result, there is very little reference to Omni-Man in the game. I don't know if it was a "female-centric" decision or not, but for those who love to see the sexy ginger superheroine onscreen as much as possible, it's certainly not a bad thing.

Check out both the series and the game!

Cool Atom Eve transformation in the video game. This is from when she transformed behind the dumpster of the Burger Mart, I think.
atom eve transformation.jpg
atom eve transformation.jpg (156.06 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
When Atom Eve loses in the game, the player sees a screen of her defeat, unconscious and bloody on the pavement. Now that would be a pretty hot screensaver, but imagine seeing that scene in live action. According to the Invincible Wikipedia page, the live-action film is still apparently on its way!
atom eve defeated in her game.jpg
atom eve defeated in her game.jpg (169.54 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
-
shevek
Producer
Producer

Invincible Season 2 second half trailer dropped.

Looks like lots of violence. And Anissa's boot on Mark's face. (Her violation of him doesn't happen til much later)

March 14 is the release date.

shevek
Producer
Producer

Aaaaaannnddd...we're back.

What did everyone think of Episode 5?

It started slowly, because there was a lot of exposition catch-up, and relationship stuff, and Mark had to tell the same thing to several people several times (and also I like how he was "gone two months" in real life, too, in terms of the series being on artificial hiatus). I can't believe Amber just waited for him.

But eventually, things get going. There are lots of sexy heroines to enjoy, from Shrinking Rae and Dupli-Kate to the return of Atom Eve, and the Reptile Gang's sexy but deadly Iguana (I'd love to see a hot model cosplay that costume!). However, there is also some very serious peril, and a couple of them don't survive this episode! (no spoilers).

Existential threats abound, from the Viltrumites to the Sequids to the Lizard League, and Allen the Alien gets ripped.

I like the scene where Atom Eve coated herself with a layer of tight and sexy space armor - it reminded me of when Melissa Benoist was covered in that tight spacesuit to protect her from the Kryponite.

Anyway, this ends on a nice cliffhanger with the threat of the Sequids looming. Hope people are checking out Invincible!
Last edited by shevek 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
spandex4fun
Sargeant
Sargeant

I just watched Episode 5 after the hiatus & it's cool. If you read the comic, the outcomes are the same with some tweaks to them of course. The episode ends with a cliffhanger. And I agree with Shevek that I, too interesting on seeing Iguana in cosplay form. I also wanna Shrinking Rae in cosplay, too & I just made her suit pattern right on time!
20240313_101826.jpg
20240313_101826.jpg (53.23 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Just a man who loves powerful ladies in skintight spandex. Tight is right.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Heroineaddicted wrote:
1 month ago
. I also wanna Shrinking Rae in cosplay, too & I just made her suit pattern right on time!
Suit looks good, Heroineaddicted. Although Shrinking Rae is portrayed as kind of a nerd, she does have a lovely tight costume and could turn out to be more of a horny heroine if she came out of her shell. I could envision her doing the same kind of sexual shrinking hi-jinks that Little Cricket was up in the Gen V series, except just for the sheer enjoyment of it rather than to generate social media likes (Invincible was written just before social media got crazy, so I don't think there's much about it in the comic run). But so far that's just fan-fiction unless Kirkman writes new stories.
shevek
Producer
Producer

What did everyone think of the Season 2 finale? I thought it was a bit underwhelming - rather somber and downbeat, with not a whole lot resolved.
I wonder how long it's going to take them to ramp up the next bunch of episodes?
PartsUnknown
Henchman
Henchman

Haven’t finished this season yet, but I’m still annoyed that they had to de-sexify Atom Eve’s costume for the show. The leotard in the comics looks way better. It looks corny with the shorts or unitard, whatever you call it. Pretty shocking they felt the need to tweak that in a cartoon that kept all the gratuitous violence and gore from the comics.