Milly Alcock cast as Supergirl in James Gunn's DC Universe

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
shevek
Producer
Producer

As good as any other choice, although I would have preferred Megan Donnelly due to her previous voice work as Supergirl, but riddle me this:

To direct "Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow", they hired a television actress who has never written a published movie or TV script. She has a good amount of TV acting experience in several TV series, but has only ever been in one public movie in a minor supporting role. Her Wikipedia claims she's a "playwright", but the supposed "plays" she has written aren't listed on the Wikipedia (I found that she has written two plays).

Was she installed as some kind of representational figurehead who will mostly sign off on whatever a writers' room puts together? Curious.

Here is the summary about one of her two plays:
"EMPATHITRAX is a searing, darkly funny and heart-filled story of a young couple who turn to a new break through in pharmacology to save their fractured relationship. When “Empathitrax” hits the market promising instant emotional intimacy by divining what others feel, one couple takes the leap to eliminate all boundaries between them. Like any new drug, there are unforeseen side effects which in this instance have catastrophic and poignant consequences."

Do you want to bet, based on this, that a theme of "empathy" will somehow be incorporated into the "Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow" film?
It's already embedded in the Tom Taylor story in the comic mini-series (she helps out an alien girl whom she doesn't even know) so it should be pretty easy to bring it out and imbue it in Supergirl as one of her primary attributes in the film.

I'm making that prediction, now!
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I like the choice of Alcock as well. I miss her on House of Dragons when they aged the character.
heroinehunter
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Does she have great legs???? Baw-haw....hahahahahahaha.... :hmmm: