Batwoman - Season 1

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Last edited by batgirl1969 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
clyde11
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
"Brooding Lesbians" If I start a band....I am stealing this for the name!!!
LOL...it's all yours. Just let me know when you cut your first album.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Finally a new episode!

“General”:
Beth or Alice? Or Alice and Beth? This episode (seemingly) gives the answer!

My highlights from this episode (without particular order):
Spoiler
1 – Beth or Alice? Or Beth and Alice? It was an emotional rollercoaster ride, even the outcome was somehow predictable as both can't live on the same earth. The way it happened was the bigger surprise, a really fine twist in the end. Even it isn't 100% clear, how/if Beth's death will affect Alice.
2 – A new villain! Mouse's father August appears in the present timeline! Quite a suprise. It will be interesting to see what his masterplan is. And how he is involved in all that. Why did he kill Beth?
3 – Alice and Catherine! Well, that was a nicccce dialog! :-) . I wondered why Catherine was still in new promo pictures lately....as she was dead already. The dialog between them was intense.
4 – Alice finding Beth! That was a great scene as Alice saw how she could have become if she didn't end up in the basement of that madman! Also Alice learned that that version of her was saved by that other Kate.

Sophie's parts in the episode showed that she isn't like Jacob. She doesn't kill, if there are still other options left on the table. Her dialog with Batwoman was important as she realised that she was becoming just like Jacob who often oversteps the line to get the results he wants. Sophie doesn't think that the result justifies every way, no matter how wrong he may be.
The Batwoman action scene on the bridge was nice. She handled these crows right in time! And the changing license plate was a neat gimmick. Sadly that was the only action scene for Batwoman in this episode.
Which brings me to my biggest negative aspect for this episode. In the last episode (11) there was about 10 seconds of Batwoman in the whole episode. OK, it was fitting to the storyline, as she couldn't reach the batcave to change into Batwoman, but I don't like it. And now...in this episode, we have only two short scenes with Batwoman. So Batwoman was sidelined again. Yeah, both episodes are primarly about Kate and Beth/Alice, but I wished for more Batwoman screentime. After all the show is called BATWOMAN. And that is the primary reason why I watch the show...I wanna see Batwoman in action. Yes, this and the last episode were interesting, important and emotional....but I want more Batwoman! Luckily, judging from the trailer to the next episode, Batwoman will return on the "pitch" and will have much more screentime. :-)
On a sidenote: I hoped for a little explanation why Batwoman has this new cowl, but no info on that.
The action scene with Jacob and Chuck was gritty and brutal! It was only a matter of time until someone would want some payback from Jacob. Prison isn't a safe place, especially for the former leader of the crows ;-) . I wonder what Jacob will have to do to repay his rescuer. I am sure it won't be something he wants to do....
It was a thrilling scene as the crows stormed into Wayne Tower, even there wasn't any real action resulting out of it. Ok, it forced Kate to hide Beth in the Batcave and thereby she was revealed as Batwoman to Beth. And that was important to the next dialog scenes as they talked about the reasons why she became Batwoman in the first place.
Rachel Skarsten did again a fine job in portraying two pretty different characters in the episode! Not an easy task to switch between these two for so often. Especially as a LOT of emotions were involved.
Kate's decision to give Beth the blood from Mary was the right and only logical option. Of course, Alice was her "real" sister from this world, but in the end....Alice is the evil, murderous, psycho version...no matter how tragic her background is. It was the only right thing to do to try to save Beth. Off course, that couldn't happen.....as Alice is THE villain. The show couldn't move on with (only) Beth. I wonder how this whole experience has changed Alice. She learned about the other Kate was able to save that Beth....and she witnessed how Kate decided to let her die. She won't he happy about that! On the other hand....perhaps the fact that she meet Beth...changed her a little for the better?
I am very thrilled about the next episode "Drink me!" that will be shown on february 23rd. As you can see on the promo pictures and the trailer, Nocturna will show up. That vampire had already a big part in the comics, I hope she will be in more than just one episode. If not, it might be a classical "villain of the week" episode. Looking forward how our BAT will handle a VAMPIRE... a very fitting match! :-)
-
>>> Rating “General:” <<<
(3,5 out of 5 - An emotional, very interesting episode with a new big(?) villain and some nice twists! Sadly, not much from the name giver of the show as Batwoman has only very little screen time)
----------
Some screenshots:

Conclusion:
A good episode with some twists and surprises!

More screenshots, the "mask rating" and the Batwoman cut of the episode can be found on my Blog:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... our-choice
-
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Beth is mistaken by others for Alice because only a few know that Beth exists. In the end you have people that want to eliminate Alice for their own reasons.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

^my review of ep12 is above^

Here is the trailer for next week (with Nocturna!):

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The ending of last week's was pretty brutal. Not often that a twist ending lands that clean.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 13, "Drink me!"

“General”:
Spoiler
After all the Beth/Alice drama a new thread to Gotham shows up! A vampire!

1 – Nocturna as villain of the week! I really like vampires, and Nocturna is a great enemy for Batwoman! She is very hot, seductive and also not bad at fighting.
2 – The action scenes between Batwoman and Nocturna! Their fight very rather short....but intense....in several ways ;-)
3 – The last dialog between Kate and Alice! Wow, really loved that, especially as Ruby delivered some great lines perfectly as she lists all the reasons why she shouldn't have tried to get her old Beth "back".
4 – Mary (seemingly) finds out that Kate is Batwoman! As Mary puts several facts together she realises that her (half-) sister is Batwoman. I think that that maybe can still somehow "reversed". Somehow I think that Luke and Kate can come up with an explanation why Mary's conclusion isn't right!
5 - Sophie kisses Batwoman! I expected it somehow to happen as they were getting closer and closer (literally) in scenes in this and the previous episode. What a finish for the episode!

Regarding Nocturna: Her role added some fine elements to the episode/season! Finally the first "supernatural" elements made it into Gotham. The comics have a lot of these and it was a matter of time until these made it into the show. Also her role was pretty.....sexy and seductive! The first scene with the tied up dude was a nicccce way to start the episode as she was climbing onto the bed in overknee boots and a mask! :-) . There was always some sexual tension when she was on screen. I love her scenes with Batwoman, as they offered good action and also some sexual tension. Nocturna was a pretty "grounded" vampire as she didn't show any supernatural abilites besides her fangs. I rrrrreally hope she does return at some point for some episodes!
What I didn't 100% get was WHY Jacob was released from prison?! The last plan was that Dr. Campbell should testify on his behalf that it was possible that someone else with Jacob's face was impersonating him and thereby putting him in prison. But why would the Dr. do that? Especially as this Dr. is the masked August Cartwright....Mouse's evil father who broke Mouse out from the hospital. But maybe I missed something....
The episode had some really funny scenes: Luke reminding Batwoman that he was still there as she said that she worked alone. Mary trying to hook up Sophie in the bar. Kate's jealousy as Sophie was talking to that other woman. Mary happy about she got cookies from Batwoman.
Kate's bar the "Hold up" is now finally open! And we saw a lot of folks who were dressed really sexy and/or ....well....."alternative". Especially Sophie had a really sexy dress, quite a contrast to her buisiness clothes/uniforms as a Crow member! No wonder Kate gets jealous ;-)
It will be really interesting how Sophie will handle the new situation with Batwoman. She is really into her but as a member of the Crows she is supposed to be an enemy of her! And Jacob was really angry about her helping Batwoman in this one. He still wants to bring down the masked vigilante. And the teaser for the next episode showed that this will be a BIG problem for her and Batwoman, who can't really have a girlfriend as it would endanger them both!
I really loved the sexual tension between Batwoman and Sophie and also Batwoman and Nocturna! They came very close to each other.....
There were a lot of close calls for Batwoman in this one regarding her secret identity! Nocturna could have unmasked her as she was out cold and later tied up. Also Sophie could have used that situation to unmask her. But the approaching Crows didn't leave time for both to really think about it. Also, as Sophie and Batwoman were kissing....her fingers already touched Batwoman's mask! I wonder if that scene gets continued right there in the next episode... ;-) .
I think it was pretty reckless for Batwoman to unmask herself in that abandoned warehouse. Ok, the chances that someone would appear there and see might be slim....but I think that is dangerous and it was very "unnecessary".
And last, but not least: Alice! Alice talking to an imaginary Mouse was quite funny/weird/interesting. Also her plan to send Nocturna after Mary, seemingly to get rid of her. But in the end she redeemed herself for that by donating her blood to Mary. Will that affect Mary? I guess she must hate the fact that Alice's blood is now inside her...
The ending was pretty epic! First Mary seemingly finds out about Kate being Batwoman...then seconds later.....Batwoman and Sophie kissing on the rooftop! Quite a quick, intense combo to finish the epiosde! :-)
-
(4,5 out of 5 - WOW! So far my favorite episode! A seductive vampire, good action, intense scenes and a smashing finish. Hard to top that.....)
----------
Some screenshots:

:excl: :excl: :excl: More screenshots, my mask rating of the episode and the Batwoman cuts of the episode can be found on the Blog:
:excl: :excl: :excl:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... 3-drink-me
---------

Conclusion:
My favorite episode so far! A great villainess, intense scenes, funny scenes, good action and more! Batwoman is back in (real) action!
....and a lot of thrilling scenes with Batwoman incl. some peril and close "encounters"!!! :w00t: :yahoo: :thumbup:

------
Next episode (March 8):

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

@batgirl1969:
What did you think about the last scene of the last episode?
Expected you would get a little.....excited....about that one! ;-)

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
Episode 13, "Drink me!"

Some screenshots:
I see the above vlc caps.
Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago

More screenshots, my mask rating of the episode and the Batwoman cuts of the episode can be found on the Blog:[/u][/b] :excl: :excl: :excl:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... 3-drink-me
Don't see any screenshots at blog. Are they there? Asking to determine if it's a website issue, or a 'my browser' issue.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
shevek
Producer
Producer

Concurring with Maskripper: E14 Drink Me was the best episode yet.

They finally started learning how to make the lesbian thing sexy (i.e. allowing the 'gaze' to happen the way it should).

Meagan Tandy, who plays Sophie, looks *amazing* in that dress - you could get lost in the decolletage.
And for the first time, I'm sure whatever viewers are still watching this thing are really hoping that she'll abandon the
Crows so we can get regular bedtime scenes with Ruby Rose, as well as pouring Meagan into another tight leather vigilante costume.
Probably not gonna happen, though - they probably need to stay with the "will they, won't they" tension.

Plus, look what I posted four months ago!
"Would also love to see Nocturna (Natalia Mitternacht) as the vampiric villainess who once hypnotized Kate Kane and put her under her spell - that's actually in the comics and would be a real superheroine-in-peril scenario!"
This pretty much exactly happened (Batwoman tied up and suspended from ropes for easy desanguination).

Nocturna's costume wasn't too great (off-the-rack goth attire) and it would have been great to see her in action a little more (plus it would have been great if she escaped in a hot-air balloon like she did in the comics), but at least it fulfilled Maskripper's wish for a "two mask" episode! :) It's like a scenario straight out of Black Scorpion with the campiness level turned down a bit.

Still annoyed by how dependent this entire season is on the Alice antagonist. The fact that Kate killed Alice in the previous episode,
of course, means that she could have killed her at any given time, basically annulling the premise of the whole thing.

But maybe we'll start seeing some Kate and Sophie teamups to make up for it.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
4 years ago
Still annoyed by how dependent this entire season is on the Alice antagonist. The fact that Kate killed Alice in the previous episode,
of course, means that she could have killed her at any given time, basically annulling the premise of the whole thing.
But maybe we'll start seeing some Kate and Sophie teamups to make up for it.
Well, she didn't kill Alice (or wanted to) but she was willing to let her die to save Beth as she was forced to make a choice between them.
Of course she still rather wants her to be locked up then being killed for her crimes. But their relationsship is really at a low point now.
And yeah, agree about Nocturna's outfit, not really great. But I loved the sexual tension between them with the lip-bite and the "Batwoman tied up" thing and all that :yes: .
The same about Sophie and Batwoman seconds later....Batwoman is still tied up and paralyzed and Sophie could easily reaching for her mask and unmasking her. But Batwoman was saved by the approaching other crow members as Sophie hasn't had much time to explot the situation....if she wanted. She certainly enjoyed the situation as she untied her very slowly and their faces came very close at some points. Again....great tension!

---------------

theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago

Don't see any screenshots at blog. Are they there? Asking to determine if it's a website issue, or a 'my browser' issue.
I made new screenshots yesterday, and deleted the old ones, so you should see them now. ;)
Even it's odd that I incl the new pictures at least 6 hours before you posted.
Do you see the screenshots now? They can be found above the videos.

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago

I made new screenshots yesterday, and deleted the old ones, so you should see them now. ;)
Even it's odd that I incl the new pictures at least 6 hours before you posted.
Do you see the screenshots now? They can be found above the videos.
Yep. The clickable thumbnails I see them now. :yes:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

“General”:
Will Sophie and Batwoman become a "thing"? And villainess with a boxcutter likes to cut up faces!

Spoiler
1 – Horror, heartbreak and comedy - This episode had a special mix for sure! Duela Dent cuts up faces, Batwoman and Sophie struggle with their new relationsship, Sophie gets confronted with her mother and some funny comedy moments.
2 – Batwoman and Sophie on the balcony - That was a hot scene! Even Batwoman was there to explain to Sophie why they couldn't be together....Sophie turned her around and Batwoman couldn't resist. Who knows what would have happened if Sophie's mom hadn't shown up? ;-)
3 – Mary trying to get Kate to open up and confessing to her that she's Batwoman! Mary didn't actually directly confronted Kate about her being Batwoman. She rather choose to push Kate into admitting it, which hasn't worked yet, but it seemed that Kate actually thought about admitting it to her, as she may already understood that Mary knows her secret. Looking forward to see how this issue will go on.
4 – Sophie and her Mom - So far her mom was only mentioned. Now she does not only stumbles into the scene with Batwoman and her daughter kissing on the balcony.....she gets a "confession" from Sophie. It was a very strong scene as Sophie told her that her marriage with Taylor was only a facade to "keep the face" and that she actually is gay. A disaster for her homophobic mother. But I think Sophie will be really relieved that the truth is finally out.

I really liked the early scenes with Luke + Kate and Mary + Sophie. Kate and Sophie are both in really good mood and these conversations were shown in small pieces practically "parallel". Funny how Mary was suspicious about Sophie's good mood, especially as she was just suspended. Sophie is normally very sincere, so Mary was quite suprised. Of course Sophie, the chatterbox, tells again Mary everything about Batwoman. And Mary knows now much more about Batwoman...but luckily she didn't tell Sophie, who doesn't know who's behind Batwoman's cowl (thank god!). Meanwhile Luke tells Kate how dangerous that relationsship would be. Very important!
The Crows seem to have a big problem in their own ranks as there the murderer of Luke's father Lucius was convicted by a crooked judge (which was mentioned in ep6). I wonder how this will play out. Besides Jacob and Sophie there aren't really any characters that we really know so far. So hard to tell who that "leak" in the team Crow is. But when the allegedly murderer from Luke's father will be set free, what will Luke do? I guess he and Batwoman will start a hunt for the real killer.
As always I really enjoyed the teasing between Luke and Batwoman/Kate. Especially the scene where Batwoman tells Luke that she would place a Batarang in his..... if he would turn on the new "Cowl-cam" on without her knowledge :-)
The dialog between the shrink and Alice was very interesting. But even his good analysis didn't save him.....
The scene with Alice and Mary was also important. Now Mary knows that Alice knows Batwoman's secret identity! I'm sure that will be important in the future! Loved how Alice enjoyed her seemingly advantage in knowing that secret. Luckily Mary didn't admit her knowledge....that would have been pretty disastrous.
Duela Dent, seemingly the niece(?) of Harvey Dent(!), was a solid villainess. Ok, her hobby of cutting up social media influencers isn't very nice....but it was a good little sideswipe against the superficial branch. The line from the victim that was saved by Batwoman was very fitting: "Tell me someone got that on camera!":-)
It was a little "excessive" from Alice to cut off Duela's face just to confront August with it for some seconds , but ok, it showed how bat-shit crazy Alice is. ;-) . And seemingly Alice needed that to unsettle her tormentor.
Sophie had a real emotional rollercoaster episode. A short affair with Batwoman, a breakup (more or less), a team up with Batwoman, and then the big battle with her mother.
It will be really interesting what August's plans for Mouse are as he pumped Mouse full of fear Toxin (Scarecrow hint?). I guess he wants to break him, so Mouse would need him again? Either way, August is the villain who everyone of the audience really hates, as he is pure evil.

(3,5 out of 5 – A good, pretty dark episode with a lot of interesting aspects! And quite a lot of Batwoman in it!)
———-

——
Pictures:

More pictures, more about the "Mask rating" and the video can be found on my Blog:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... ear-to-ear

What are your thoughts on the episode?

Here is the trailer for ep15 (airs March 15th):

Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

One of the better episodes even with only one real action scene where Batwoman rescues a victim.
Spoiler
The Alice and Mary meeting when Alice came to steal medical supplies was one of the better scenes with Mary learning she's alive because Alice wanted it for something to hold over Batwoman. Considering how much in the beginning Alice hated Mary for replacing her in the family, this is getting interesting. Didn't tip off what Alice needed the supplies for until later.

I thought they said Duella is ADA Dent's daughter, but I wasn't paying that much attention when they slipped it in. Still you are getting more of Batman Rogue's gallery and she's from the comics. Could be the new version of Two-Faced.

Sophie's mother liked Batman over Batwoman because he wa straight.:)
shevek
Producer
Producer

Agreed that "Grinning Ear to Ear" EP 14 is a pretty solid episode. Dare we say that this show is getting better and more coherent over time? One of the improved aspects is when it hearkens back more to the days of Adam West TV and Dark Knight Batman movies with crazy villains and characters being tied up and put into death traps. Plus they seem to be able to cycle in a continuous parade of hot actresses.
Spoiler
Last episode, Batwoman was tied up for Nocturna's draining.
This episode, Veronica May was tied up and suspended above a vat of acid while slowly being lowered into it by a clanky winch machine. Hope they keep the death traps coming!

Again, just like with Nocturna, they made a lot of compromises with the one-and-done villainess character of Duela Dent. She is almost nothing like the Joker's Daughter character from the comics, who 1) never wore a surgical mask (unfortunate shades of Coronavirus), 2) never had any problems with plastic surgeons or shallow obsessions with self-image, 3) never was the 'niece' of ADA Harvey Dent (she was actually his daughter). She is not at all the substantial threat that was Joker's Daughter was in the comics, so it was hard to take the villainess seriously, plus she was so easily defeated.

Another sexy kiss with Sophie - hopefully more of those to come. I like that kind of 'intersectionalism' a lot better than beating viewers over the head with the Progressive Victim Stack, which they did in Sophie's unfortunate interaction with her homophobic mother.

Near the end of the episode, when Alice confronts August, the evil plastic surgeon and her childhood tormentor, we finally get to see Rachel Skarsten in an outfit that reveals some of her shapely beauty and tight abs - even better than she looked almost 20 years ago when she played Dinah Lance/Black Canary in the original Birds of Prey TV show! She has really kept in excellent shape and looks great, and it would be nice to see Alice in more fishnet halter-tops and tight pants - or even the elaborate romantic Victorian outfits she wore in the comics - rather than the same dowdy coat and sweater in every episode.

One thing I find hilarious is that Sophie defends Batwoman in her conversation with Mary, praising Batwoman for being the defender of the downtrodden and helpless and poor (paraphrasing here) that Gotham needs and doesn't get from the GCPD or the Crows. Then the entire episode is about Batwoman saving the lives of spoiled rich Internet social-media princesses. So.....?
Other than that, Batwoman needs a villainess who is really challenging, who punches above her weight and causes her real peril with life-threatening stakes. Alice doesn't really do that - her power lies simply in her madness and being Kate's secret sister. Given that I was right about the inclusion of Nocturna, I'm going to make a guess and say that because of the Alice-in-Wonderland associations in her name, that *Cheshire* will appear in a future episode. Cheshire has a poisonous scratch, could easily outfight Batwoman and put her in serious danger, and is Asian, which will help maintain diversity quotas.

So that's my prediction: Cheshire. We'll see if that happens.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
4 years ago

:cat: 😺 ↓ ↓ :cat: 😺
Chesire Cat.png
Chesire Cat.png (25.71 KiB) Viewed 6555 times

:cat: 😺 ↑ ↑ :cat: 😺
Not much of a prediction since info already online (since April 2019)

😺 :hq: 😺
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
shevek
Producer
Producer

theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago
shevek wrote:
4 years ago

:cat: 😺 ↓ ↓ :cat: 😺

Chesire Cat.png

:cat: 😺 ↑ ↑ :cat: 😺
Not much of a prediction since info already online (since April 2019)

😺 :hq: 😺
"Cheshire Cat" (a blonde, white male character apparently created especially for the TV series?? know nothing about this...)
is not "Cheshire" (an Asian female character in a sexy green costume, established by Wolfman & Perez for Teen Titans 37 years ago).

Unfortunate for Batwoman viewers, and not very diverse either. :)

Thanks for scouring imdb, though!

Read about the actual Cheshire here (she's been a foe of Batman, and a member of Secret Six, as well as Deathstroke's version of the Titans, etc.) and see what viewers will be missing. Batwoman would not have stood a chance against her!

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/cheshire/4005-2537/
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
4 years ago
Plus they seem to be able to cycle in a continuous parade of hot actresses.
Other than that, Batwoman needs a villainess who is really challenging, who punches above her weight and causes her real peril with life-threatening stakes. Alice doesn't really do that - her power lies simply in her madness and being Kate's secret sister. Given that I was right about the inclusion of Nocturna, I'm going to make a guess and say that because of the Alice-in-Wonderland associations in her name, that *Cheshire* will appear in a future episode. Cheshire has a poisonous scratch, could easily outfight Batwoman and put her in serious danger, and is Asian, which will help maintain diversity quotas.

Yeah in this one (ep14) as well in the previous one it was a nice bonus for me that they had some hot chicks in sexy outfits.
ep13: Nocturna in overknee boots (opening scene), Mary in overknee boots, some well-dressed chicks in the club
ep14: sexy influencer chick in short dress and sexy boots + the one in the death trap
There is nothing wrong with presenting some hot chicks who are wearing boots/heels/pantyhoses. :yes:
There was only little in these regards in the 12 episodes before that. I remember Mary in great overknee boots in WayneTower...and Kate's love interest (reagan) was in a sexy dress.
-
And yeah, Cheshire seems like a great villainess! Would like to see her in action! Can't really remember her from the comics I read.
I agree that they need to come up with physically challenging villains/villainesses.
Spoiler
Like the executioner that had the upper hand against her until Jacob showed up and shot him.
I would like to see longer fight scenes.
In my version Batwoman would battle a masked villainess in a long and exhausting fight. During the fight her cowl gets damaged more and more.
The villainess tries everything to unmask her ....yanking, pulling, ripping ..... while Batwoman struggles frantically to keep her mask on.
The villainess manages to rip Batwoman's wig off.
Then Batwoman is finally able to turn the tables and rips off the mask of the villainess after some more struggle.
Kate and the alter ego of the villainess know each other. (for several episodes in the TV show)
Batwoman is shocked that that person is the villainess.
-
And I would LOVE to see Sophie or Jacob trying hard to unmask Batwoman in a real struggle. Especially when Batwoman tries everything to keep her secret safe.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Sorry for the delay....it was a crazy week....

Episode 15, "Off with the head"

“General”:

Spoiler
1 – Kate killing Cartwright in rage mode! Well, that was a shocking scene! I totally understand Kate as this man took Beth away from her, made her into Alice. He also killed the new Beth from another earth and decapitated her (already dead?) mother! For some seconds she totally lost it and strangled him blind with rage and passion. In my opinion he totally deserved it, even it wasn't the right thing to do for Kate. She will struggle with his death.
2 – The fantastic score! I really liked it in the past already, but this evil-fairytale score was perfect! From the moment Mabel Cartwright arrived and slowly pulled that oxygen tank towards the house of evil...
3 – Fear toxin nightmares! Wow, that stuff is really something ;-) . The scenes with Alice hallucinating while being strapped to that chair and being gassed with fear toxin...were intense and showed us her deepest fears. Quite the horror!
4 – Jacob and his daughters! Finally Jacob got some serious screentime in all these scenes with Alice, Kate and Batwoman.
5 – Mary and Luke! Again Mary and Luke are forming a witty and hilarious duo! The lines they are throwing at each other are just hilarious. And the scene were Mary was searching for the entrance to the Batcave by pulling out random books from the shelves....EPIC!

Finally the jewish background of the Kane family was shown in a long scene! So far there were only short remarks in that direction.
Also the origin of the matching red necklaces was shown. These were and are very important to the Kane sisters.
And for the first time we do see Gabi Kane, the mother of Beth and Kate.
Sophie wasn't in the episode at all. Well, I guess she wouldn't have fit in. The only hint of her is the short scene were a desperate Kate starts to reach out for her, but stops it as Alice shows up.
The scene where Batwoman saves the woman from the thug/rapist is pretty cool. Even she was pretty sloppy as she turns her back to him, not anticipating he might have a gun. Ok, her suit is bulletproof, but she has several "weak spots" that aren't protected (lower face, neck). Also I don't know if that cowl/mask is bulletproof as it wasn't mentioned so far. I would have expected that she throws a batarang to disarm him, rather than storming at him, while he is still shooting at her. But it was pretty cool that she knocked him out with his own gun.
The stunt where Batwoman lands on the rooftop near the batsignal was pretty cool in my opinion!
Mouse really doesn't have much luck lately...the crows grab him, his father kidnaps him, he gets gassed with fear toxin.
The scenes with the Queen of Hearts were very sinister as they involve child abuse. August has kidnapped here, but he never laid hands on Beth/Alice in the flashbacks we got so far. His mother Maple is even worse and a big reason for Alice's insanity.
I loved Mary's outfit in this episode! The skirt, these boots and a sexy pantyhose....a great combo.
The scene with Batwoman and Jacob was only their second encounter so far. It was only a fear-toxin nightmare of Alice...but I'm looking forward to see more meetings of these two. Would love to see a scene where Jacob would try to unmask Batwoman! That would be a nightmare for Batwoman/Kate.
The locked-up refridgerator in that barn....oh DAMN! That was quite a shocker as Alice opened it and we saw the head of Alice's and Kate's mother. OK, it was a little weird that August still had it, as he seemingly never planned to fullfill the wish of his mother to get that....face. But perhaps he kept that as a trophy?!?
What is really interesting....among other things.....is how the realationsship between Kate and Alice is affected by the events from this epsiode. Alice's plan worked, Kate is now a "killer" too. But still, they aren't anywhere near similiar to each other. Judging from the trailer for the next episode....Alice will blackmail(?) Kate into helping her to free Mouse from Arkham Asylum. She wants to pull Kate on her level....but in the end that won't work as Batwoman will continue to fight crime and make a difference in Gotham.

(4,5 out of 5 – What an EPISODE! A great horror-drama with a lot of intense scenes. I would have wished for more Batwoman screentime.)
--------

Some pictures:

———

Conclusion:
An epic episode that changes a LOT with some surprising and shocking scenes!

More pictures, the Batwoman cut of the episode, and my mask rating can be found on my Blog: :excl: :excl: :excl:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... h-her-head

Trailer for the next episode (March 22th):

Last edited by Maskripper 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

See Coronavirus hit this episode judging by that last pic!
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
See Coronavirus hit this episode judging by that last pic!
She was gassed with fear toxin .....so perhaps she buys toilet paper for the next years like some of those morons out there :laugh:
At least Alice would have an excuse for doing so.

(My review for episode 15 can be found above)

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 16, Through the Looking-Glass

“General”:
Spoiler
1 – Kate double-crosses Alice and locks her up in Arkham! Wow, I didn't see that coming! Especially after Kate and Alice seemingly got closer in this episode. But in the end Kate does the right thing and locks Alice up with Mouse in that prison cell. As Julia says in the end of the episode, Kate is nothing like Alice. Yes, she has killed Cartwright, but that doesn't make her like Alice. I wonder what the Crows role in that breakout was. Jacob was involved, but did the Crows helped in the background? Jacob must have known that is was a great risk for Kate. The "betrayal" was done very well and surprisingly....but couldn't Kate just knock her sister out and deliver her to Arkham? Well, ok, that would have been a rather boring solution ;-)
2 – Batwoman getting an panic attack! As she nearly killed a street thug in rage, she gets a panic attack and pulls off her cowl! Luckily there was no witness to this unmasking. It was a really dangerous situation as the street was well lit, and someone could have been around. And in that case Batwoman's crime fighter career could have been over. After the events from the previous episode Kate questions herself if she is the hero that Gotham needs. I believe that Batwoman needs a big win to get back on track. And I'm sure she will get that in the next episode.
3 – Julia Pennyworth is back! Well, that wasn't a big surprise after she was in the trailer for the episode, but I'm very happy about it. I wonder what she is up to esecially as she works for the british intelligence. I wonder why they send her to Gotham? I'm not sure she is 100% honest about her goals. Ok, she saved Sophie from being shot, that gives her a lot of credit. I am looking forward to get to know more about her end game.
4 – Kate, the martial-arts rabbit! Wow, I really enjoyed these awesome fight scenes! Especially in the office of that security warden. Kate showed a lot of skill in all those fights against the guards, and that without her usual gadgets! And that was quite dangerous. What if one of the guards would have unmasked her? Being caught in such a jailbreak would have been REALLY bad.

The scene were the Kane sister and their father buried Cartwright was intense. Alice really enjoyed her "victory" as she believed that Kate would now be on the same level as she. But that assumption was really wrong in the end. In the end Kate isn't psychotic killer.
The scenes with Alice and her sister in Kate's bar were very well done as well. They seemingly got a lot closer and Kate decided to help find Mouse. The scenes were pretty emotional as Alice thought she was finally achieved her goal to pull Kate down on her level.
I wonder how and when Kate will tell Luke about her killing Cartwright. Luke won't be happy about it as he admires Batman who has a "no killing" agenda. But I'm sure that Kate can convince him that she and especially Batwoman won't do that again in the future.
I was quite surprised that the Wonderland gang was completely wiped out so suddenly. OK, except from Dodgson who is in prison right now, we didn't get to know any of them, but now Alice has only Mouse left in her team. That will make things much harder.
Jacob and Kate had an emotional scene in the end. I think they are now closer than ever by working together to put Alice behind bars. And Jacob can really understand Kate now better as he witnessed her in her low point.
Who was that assassin that tried to kill Jacob and Sophie and actually killed Reggie? Jacob hadn't recognized him, so he wasn't a Crow. And what is the plan behind all of this? Is that just a Crow or several Crows who know wanna tie up loose ends? We don't know any more Crows besides Jacob and Sophie. Ok, her ex Tyler could show up again...but I don't believe that.
I really like the scene with Kate and Julia in the end! Julia really built up Kate, who was at her lowest point. She killed someone and now locked up her own sister in Arkham. That is something huge that someone needs to cope with. Hard to say how their relationsship will develop in the future. But Kate needed someone and Julia was there for her.
I am sure that Mouse and Alice will escape from Arkham before the showdown of season 1. The big question is what they wanna do after the breakout. I am sure they wanna get revenge on Kate/Batwoman...but how? This will be a very interesting question!
Luke had a really emotional part in this one! Seeing the alleged killer of his father getting a new trial...that was really difficult to deal with. But, as it seemed it was someone else entirely as Reggie was killed just before him. But who? And how will Luke react to it?
Mary did really well in sitting at his side and supporting him in court. Hard to say how their relationsship will develop.
After she wasn't at all in the last episode...Sophie has returned in some scenes. Jacob and she seemingly get along again and I'm sure Sophie will wear that Crow outfit again pretty soon.

(4 out of 5 – A thrilling episode with a surprising, big game changer! The dynamic between Kate and Alice was a thrillride and Luke had great moments as well.)
--------
“Mask”:
More details on the mask related issues can be found on my Blog:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... oking-glas

———
Conclusion:
A thrilling episode with strong scenes from Alice, Kate and Luke! I wonder how Alice will react now...

-------
Pictures:

More pictures, the videos and more can be found on my Blog:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... oking-glas
-

This week they didn't show the promo for the next episode after the episode. Normally that promo is available on Youtube as soon as an episode was aired. I wonder what will happen? The season was planned with 22 episodes and they filmed 19 before the production was stopped due to the Corona virus. When will they film these other episodes? When will they be shown? Or will they shorten the season? That wouldn't make much sense to me as the season wouldn't have the finale it must/should have! So far, episode 17 is still scheduled for March 29th. Let's see what will happen.

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The trailer for the next episode on April 26:

Looks like Batwoman will have to save her father!
Plus Luke gets some action!
And Mary seems to tell Kate...
Last edited by Maskripper 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Finally the new episode is around the corner and airs on sunday.
Damn, that was a long month. Can't imagine how long the break between the seasons will feel. :-(
This sunday episode 17 will air (trailer above^).
Sunday next week episode 18 will air.
Synopsis here:
https://batwoman.tv/if-you-believe-in-m ... u-synopsis
-
*EDIT* The rumors are true as an reliable source say the season has 20 episodes (instead of the 22 that were planned before the Virus).
These episodes will be aired weekly until the final episode of season 1 on May 17.
So there will be 4 new episodes in the next 23 days!

And here is a new poster for the show:

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

For those who like to see tied up heroines ;-)

These are some of the fresh promo images from episode 18, which will be shown on May 3rd.
Damn, what a sexy situation that is perfect for a lot of possible, sexy outcomes!
Noticed that barrel of money in his hand.
What is the guy up to?
Does he want to sell Batwoman to the highest bidder?
Does he want to sell her UNMASKING to the highest bidder?
How was she captured?
How will she get out of this?

Personally I would love to see him reaching for her mask, yanking a little on it while Batwoman starts to panic.
Then, just before the mask comes off, she gets saved by someone.
I guess that won't happen....but however, this will be a verrrrrrrry, sexy and perilous scene!
-

P.S.: Seems they get fond of tying her up. She was already tied up in episode 13 ("Drink me") as Nocturna captured her :-)

Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Episode 17 was better than average with some decent fights, a fake Batgirl, and resolving the death of Lucius Fox. Some of the better moments were Kate solving a case Batman couldn't because of her own background, Alice taunting Tommy Elliot in Arkham, and hinting what happened with the Joker.

Probably scenes where Alice is dealing with her setbacks in being in Arkham are the most interesting.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote:
4 years ago
Episode 17 was better than average with some decent fights, a fake Batgirl, and resolving the death of Lucius Fox. Some of the better moments were Kate solving a case Batman couldn't because of her own background, Alice taunting Tommy Elliot in Arkham, and hinting what happened with the Joker.

Probably scenes where Alice is dealing with her setbacks in being in Arkham are the most interesting.
You mean "fake BatWOMAN", even it would be great to have a Batgirl as well in the show ;-)
I also liked that the episode completed quite a lot of ongoing storylines.

-----

Episode 17, A Narrow Escape
Spoiler
“General”:
1 – Luke and Batwoman/Kate can rely on each other! Batwoman/Kate talks Luke out of killing the guy who killed his father, that was saved Luke. I am sure he might break apart after he would have done it. It was good for Kate to finally tell Luke the truth about Cartwright. Not only for their relationsship....it also lifted a heavy weight of her. After their talk she will deal with it better.
2 – Kate was afraid of being Batwoman! Not a good thing of course, but I liked how they showed it. Both Kate and Batwoman had panic attacks. Kate doesn't thought she could be the hero anymore. Luckily that was finally changed at the end of the episode. I hope she can deal with the Cartwright murder now much better. However this whole dark conflict in her mind was a great addition to her character, shows again how troublesome she often feels.
3 – Mary finally tells Kate that she know about her being Batwoman! Mary tried to bring Kate to admit it in the last episodes, but that didn't work out. Now, in this desperate situation she told Kate. I wonder how Mary will now help Batwoman in the future. The trailer for the next episodes already leaves some hints.
4 – Mary and Luke....again! Well, the episode had the best comedy scene near the very end. The way Luke tries to pretend that Kate isn't Batwoman....just hilarious! He talks and talks, but as Mary just KNOWS it, he can't convince her at all....

Let's continue with some things I didn't like about this episode. Normally I ignore most of the plot holes in movies. But there were some scenes/aspects that I didn't like in this episode:
- A car with huge barrels and a timer is parked in the pretty empty Wayne Garage. How did it get there without anyone noticing? How does it park there without anyone noticing? I mean the building is pretty empty, but surely the park decks are being watched by Wayne security?
- Batwoman's panic attacks are getting really dangerous. Good that they are hopefully over now. But she does unmask herself twice in the episode. Luckily the the evil crow guy was already unconcious! He could have easily have seen her unmasked face if he had woken up! And in the other scene: Batwoman runs up to the top floor of the building. Why doesn't the crows follow her there? She unmasks there in a pretty dangerous spot! I know she has a panic attack and can't think rational in the moment, but damn, that could have easily killed her vigilante career! What if someone sees her there? What if the crows find her there without her mask on? She would be finished....
- And most importantly: The fact that Mouse kills that doctor. Ok, that is a "smart" move to get control over the situation. But how did he make a face mask without anyone noticing? Where is the body of the doctor? When the Doctor (Mouse now) goes home... does no one notice that Mouse isn't there? What happened to the warden that was in the room when the doctor got killed? If he isn't dead, he knows that Mouse attacked him. All these aspects making the storyline with Mouse becoming the Dr. in a prison...rather hard to believe for me. But perhaps the whole thing will soon be discovered and/or perhaps some issues will be explained in the future.
-
I really liked the dream scene with Alice and Kate at the beginning. It was fun and unusual to see the sisters playing video games and having a good time. For a moment I thought that it might be a flashback, but after all it was just a dream that turned into a nightmare.
Are Alice and Elliot working together? That would explain why she wasn't really hurt from the attack. And I think they are....as that shiv was clearly visible. I think Elliot wanted Alice to see it.
The scene where Batwoman stops the jewel thief had a great camera sweep as she uses her grapel gun to get to him. I was a little irritated that Batwoman wanted to let him go. Ok, he is "just" a thief, but I would expect her to send him over to the police or the crows. The panic attack as she thinks he is dead....was a pretty emotional scene, loved it!
The fake Batwoman idea was really good! I like that some people want to give hope to the city. It showed Kate how much Batwoman is needed and inspiring people... and that she must continue with her night job.
I am glad to Sophie is a crow again, as her job is so important for her. The teamup with Julia was nice and it will be very interesting to see how they will continue to work together in that task force.
Sophie wasn't in contact with Kate or Batwoman lately, I wonder how that will continue.
I am still not sure about Julia's agenda. Is there something more than just her helping out in Gotham? I did like her pep talk to bring Kate back on her feet.
The villain of the week, was just an ...imposter...in the end. There was no (real) Detonator, just agent Robles that was usued his identity to tie up some loose ends. The idea of having a bomb victim deciding of who would die had a nice touch. Reminded me of TDK, where Joker had pretty much the same idea.
It was a really strong episode for Luke. Not only he had a lot of screentime, it was cool to see another Luke as he trained and confronted the killer of his father. I wonder how he will develop in the next episodes.
The revelation that Batman broke his "no kill" rule himself was a stunner. Especially as it is revealed that he (seemingly) killed .....the JOKER!
I wonder how Alice and Mouse will break out....and when? Seemingly there are not the only ones who want to get out there... ;-) (#Trailer for next episode)
-

(3.5 out of 5 – A really good episode with some great scenes....and some issues as well)
--------
Some screenshots:

----
“Mask”:
3 self unmaskings in one episode, a solid Batwoman screentime and a fake/imposter Batwoman! No secret identity aspects.

Check my Blog for more!
More screenshots, videos and my "Mask" rating of the episode:

https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... row-escape
--

Here is the trailer for the next episode (Sunday, May 3rd):

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

General WB question

Why do they focus on the second tier?

The Trinity is not there, Nightwing who is in the top 10 is not there. Green Lantern is not there.

Other than Flash, they don't have them
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
SEXY!!! Kate and a blonde in bed?? again??? damn I love this show and why oh why could they not have used a ballgag on her in the chain scene? they go all that trouble with a sophisticated very kinky chain harness and only use a rag gag? seriously??? Bring on the ball or at least a bit gag!!
The blonde is the barkeepper Reagan from episodes 3 and 4.
I don't get the ballgag fetish, but I am sure they would have gotten some problems then with people complaining about "bondage" on TV ;-)
Well, I am looking forward to this scene! Sadly it wasn't in the trailer for the episode.
I wanna know how she ended up like that and how she will make it out of there.
And what these folks wanna do with her?
Is it next sunday already?

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
General WB question

The Trinity is not there, Nightwing who is in the top 10 is not there. Green Lantern is not there.

"Second tier"? I wouldn't be interested in any of the above ;)
Ok, maybe Nightwing, when Batgirl would show up. :yes:
And maybe Diggle will get his show as Green Lantern, that isn't off the table so far...I think.
-
Generally Warner Brothers has some serious issues with Batman and some of the "big" villains showing up on TV.
They want them for the movies.
Even in the Gotham series, Batman wasn't really shown until the last minutes of the entire show.

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
General WB question

"Second tier"? I wouldn't be interested in any of the above ;)
Ok, maybe Nightwing, when Batgirl would show up. :yes:
And maybe Diggle will get his show as Green Lantern, that isn't off the table so far...I think.
-
Generally Warner Brothers has some serious issues with Batman and some of the "big" villains showing up on TV.
They want them for the movies.
Even in the Gotham series, Batman wasn't really shown until the last minutes of the entire show.
Much rather see Nightwing than Arrow who used several Batman/Nightwing villains

Likewise would rather see Barbara Gordon than Kathy Kane
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago

But that aren't "A-list" villains in Arrow like Joker, Penguin and Riddler.
Rather B and C list villains and lots of made up villains.
-
Well, I do hope that Batgirl will show up someday here on the show.
Even I think that is rather unlikely. What role would she play? A sidekick to Batwoman?
At this point she might have some sidekicks already like Flamebird or Batwing

-
P.S.: My long review for ep17 can be found above....^^^

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago

But that aren't "A-list" villains in Arrow like Joker, Penguin and Riddler.
Rather B and C list villains and lots of made up villains.
-
Well, I do hope that Batgirl will show up someday here on the show.
Even I think that is rather unlikely. What role would she play? A sidekick to Batwoman?
At this point she might have some sidekicks already like Flamebird or Batwing

-
P.S.: My long review for ep17 can be found above....^^^
I'd put Deathstroke and Ras al Guhl as A level
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Interesting they tease all these images of her chained up, but the plot synopsis and trailer don't mention it at all. Hope it isn't the typical comic cover where it's just teased and then it doesn't happen, lol.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

RedMountain wrote:
4 years ago
Interesting they tease all these images of her chained up, but the plot synopsis and trailer don't mention it at all. Hope it isn't the typical comic cover where it's just teased and then it doesn't happen, lol.
Oh yeah, that's what I really hate about comics. So often these covers are a complete hoax.
But they are getting away with it as it seems as there are no rules/laws against it.
For me these covers often promise a juicy steak....and then you find just a pound of....broccoli.... on your plate. :hmmm: :weirdo:
-

However this won't be the case here as the promo pictures to the Batwoman show always showed scenes that really were in the actual episode, so I wouldn't be worried....she will be chained up ;)
Plus there is this "Behind the scenes" picture with the director of the episode:

As usual I am thrilled about the new upcoming episode, but Batwoman chained up with so many questions to be answered (how? who? why? outcome?) is a BIG BONUS for me.
Plus I am thrilled about the return of both.....
Spoiler
(Magpie - old picture from episode 4)
and
(Reagan - new picture from the trailer)

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
Love seeing Batwoman's tight black clad costumed body on display chained for them to enjoy, lool at the guy to her left, he is looking right at her waistline, imagining owning her!!!
Yeah, can't blame him for that ;) :yes:
Would love to work on such a set...even it would be a ....."challenge" in some regards.... :hmmm:
-
So folks, today the episode will air on the CW! I do hope for some nice "heroine in peril" stuff. Him mentioning her mask, threatening to unmask her would be already fantastic.
Even better if he would actually TRY to unmask her.
I'm sure he won't suceed with it, but the danger of him trying to get a peek under that mask..... is my dream scenario for this scene.
And I hope for a lot of Batwoman screentime, as she now is fully back in action.
Sadly, I have to wait ...as usually....until tomorrow due to the time difference, but I will post my review some hours after I watched it.

*EDIT*
A close(r) shot from a fresh promo picture from today:

Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Episode 18 - "If You Believe in Me, I'll Believe in You"

Two nice twists:
Kate reconnects with her bartender girlfriend and we find out a key part of her life that didn't get mentioned.
Lucius Fox's journal has something that didn't get mentioned until the end.

Alice's plan advances to with her using Arkham to provide the resources she needs while she works from the shadows.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I really enjoyed last night's episode. Plenty of good fight scenes and some good interactions between Mary and the others. Add that to a surprisingly good Supergirl episode after BG and it was a satisfying night.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 18

“General”:
Spoiler
1 – The ACTION scenes! This episode was directed by James Bamford, who has a lot of experience with action scenes and this is showing as the action looks really fantastic in this episode. Not only he directed 17 episodes from the Arrow show, he has a lot of experience as a stunt coordinator.....and that is a BIG bonus. I love the different fight scenes with Batwoman and the ones with Julia also!
2 – Mary joins the Batwoman team! After Kate and Luke rejected her twice as they don't want Mary to get into danger....Mary got her chance and proved that she can be a fine addition to the team. She then was finally invited into the batcave!
3 – Batwoman in BIG trouble! Batwoman run into a trap and was then tied up. The bad guys wanted to sell her to the highest bidder who wanted to kill her. It was a really thrilling scene, as she was in great danger. Sadly the bad guys not even thought about unmasking her, which would be my first step as a villain. Not only would I be verrry curious to see who is under that mask....it would be a huge advantage knowing her secret identity when she gets away afterwards (as usually). It was really cool how Mary managed to save Batwoman.
4 – Magpie and Reagan are back! I like both of them and am happy that they appeared again. Magpie is a fine villainess, I do like her style and her agenda. And we surely will see both of them again!

The episode starts with a really FINE action scene where Batwoman beats the crap out of a lot of gangsters who are into human trafficking. It's pretty weird that don't use their handguns at all on Batwoman. An aspect that used to happen often in Arrow too. Ok, Batwoman has a bulletproof suit, but her neck and lower face aren't covered. I guess the cowl may be bulletproof, that wasn't "tested" so far if I remember right. And even if they wouldn't hit the unprotected parts....the hits would at least hurt her a little. However the close combat action is fast paced, but not too fast, you can see what is going on. And I like that Batwoman breaks the arm of the boss, he surely deserved that (and more)! I like how the camera moves around the action and the slow motion scenes are spectacular.
The scene were the last henchman attacked her from behind and grabbed into her wig was thrilling! For a second I thought her cowl would come off as the wig is attached to it. And in the next scene we learn that Kate feared that as well. It showed a weak spot on her costume, especially since the chin strap of her mask is gone in this version. I think the wig should detach from the cowl when somebody yanks on the wig. That would make it safer.
Mary's idea with "electrified" cowl is really good! As I knew the promo pictures with Batwoman tied up already, I did expect that this idea might already save Batwoman from an unmasking in THIS episode! But the villains didn't try to unmask her. I'm VERY sure that Mary's idea will save Batwoman from a forcibly unmasking in the near future!
I enjoyed how Mary has invited herself to the Wayne Tower to celebrate the victory over the bad guys! Funny how Kate used the ice bucket with the champage bottle to cool down her fist(s) :-)
The scene where Kate visits Elliot was interesting. I enjoy how they teased each other as they both are billionaires, even Elliot's assets are frozen right now. Elliot's love/hate relationsship with Bruce Wayne and Batman is entertaining and makes him a special villain, especially as Kate's relationsship with Bruce/Batman. I think Elliot might focus on Batwoman as his new number 1 enemy...as Batman won't show up. That will be dangerous for Batwoman! If he would find out that Kate is Batwoman....that would be a real disaster and thrilling as he knows Kate pretty well, unlike the other villains so far.
The scenes with Mouse, Alice and Elliot in Arkham were highly entertaining. Alice and Mouse are completely in control and enjoying their powerful position! Elliot has to sacrifice...his facial skin(!) to get his way out of Arkham. With the bandages over his face he transformed into the well-known villain Hush. I'm sure he will become much more dangerous to Batwoman now! Especially when he might get his hands on that journal from Lucius Fox.
As Reagan notices Kate in the club, she manages to (unknowingly) distract her from her mission for a while. Their was that chemistry again between them. At the end of the episode they even end up having sex. And as it turns out, Reagan used the opportunity to get a chance to steal the journal! Kate won't be happy about that betrayal.... Hard to say of their relationship can be fixed. And it shouldn't take too long that Kate will her know of Reagan's criminal sister. Luke should make a background check on Kate's girlfriends ;-)
The way Batwoman got trapped was pretty...sophisticated! There would have been surely easier ways to capture her (gas for example) but this trap was pretty spectacular in the way it smashed Batwoman against the wall, knocking her out.
I did suspect Julia already to have her own agenda in the past, it was nice that my hunch was correct. Now I'm pretty sure that she might work for Safiyah, it would fit. Her name was dropped sometimes lately and she needs someone in Gotham. Julia seems pretty ruthless as she killed the woman who found out about her NOT working for the that british intelligence agency. She wants that journal too, that would endanger Batwoman. But what are her exact plans? She does know who Batwoman is, so she doesn't need that book for herself. But why would Safiyah would want Batwoman to die? Hard to say.....
The scene with Jacob visting Alice in Arkham was intense. And damn....Alice is very mad at him! She said that she has really evil plans for him....I wonder what these plans are. I would say they surely involve Kate...as he would be devasted if anything happens to her. But on the other hand....if she really willing to hurt her badly? Hmh, hard to say.
The fight with Magpie and Batwoman was short but very well done! Batwoman fighting a masked villainess in leather....that is something....I really like ;-) . Magpie lost the journal but a she kept her freedom. I am wondering when these two will "meet" again....I hope soon!
We learn that Magpie is actually Reagan's sister, quite some news! And Magpie used her to get the journal and thereby her freedom as Alice removed that tracker/explosive.
I do have some issues with Kate's backpack. She used it to get her Batwoman costume in the club. Ok, besides the fact that it is a little small so that it would actually fit in (with boots and mask), the bigger problem can be found later. Kate returns from the club and has her backpack with her. But this time her costume doesn't seem to be in it. Where is it? As Kate discovered that Reagan looted her backpack...I actually expected her to find THE COSTUME ....and thereby discovering Batwoman's identity. But as it seems, there was "only" the journal in it and not her costume.
It was a great scene where Mary finally gets into the Batcave! Even I didn't like the fact that the "old" Mary finally appeared again as she was trying to take a selfie(!) in the batcave! Not a smart move at all. I thought that the "old" Mary was completely gone by now. And as usual...Luke has problems with keeping secrets as he gave away that Bruce Wayne is Batman. :lol:
And by the way: Mary looked really stunning (again) in that dress and these boots!
-
(4,5 out of 5 – A thrilling episode with great action scenes, some nice twists and a lot of Batwoman!)
--------
“Mask”:
My Mask rating, more screenshots and the videos can be found on my Blog:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... eve-in-you
--------------------------
Conclusion:
A lot of great action scenes, a lot of Batwoman scenes and some nice twists! A great setup for the last two episodes of the season!
So far, my favorite episode of the season!
-------
Pictures:

Here is the trailer for the next episode (May 10):

-

Bonus for this forum:
Well, the expected highlight wasn't the actual highlight, it was a very sexy scene, but didn't deliver as much as I hoped.
Completely unexpected was the actual highlight of the episode.

A thug grabs into Batwoman's wig(!!!) from behind and nearly unmasks her thereby.
WHAT a fantastic scene! Love stuff like that :yes:
Especially since Kate talks about it afterwards(!), and they discuss interesting "options"!
Check out the videos on my BLOG:
https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... eve-in-you

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The sex scene....God Kate is one lucky woman!!!!
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

The writing and the villains in these shows sometimes leave a lot to be desired. I mean BW takes the journal from Magpie...then her sister steals it from Kate and gives it to Magpie mentioning she cost her a hot girl friend and no one even questions why Kate had the journal and how she got it from BW. Not as bad as the writing on Supergirl, but just lazy.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

RedMountain wrote:
4 years ago
The writing and the villains in these shows sometimes leave a lot to be desired. I mean BW takes the journal from Magpie...then her sister steals it from Kate and gives it to Magpie mentioning she cost her a hot girl friend and no one even questions why Kate had the journal and how she got it from BW. Not as bad as the writing on Supergirl, but just lazy.
You missed some lines I guess ;-)
Kate to Reagan:
"Johnny Sabatino stole something from Wayne Enterprises and I needed it back, Batwoman helped me"
-
(my review can be found above^^^^)

RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Oh I know it was there, just saying it's weak writing because no one thinks twice about it. Yeah...what a coincidence Kate, and you were also at the same club Batwoman showed up at...and happened to get the journal, lol. Villains in general are pretty dumb/obtuse in comics and these shows.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The journal was the manual to lots of Wayne Enterprises tech that has never seen the market. Being able to make and sell that is worth a lot of money and useful to various groups. Alice and Tommy are only interested in one part of that Journal for different reasons.