Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No its something much better...

General discussions about superheroines!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

OK This should be in the Miscellaneous section but I didn't want most of the members here to miss this post as it is a once in a lifetime opportunity

THERE'S A TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE ARCING ACROSS THE US OF A on AUGUST 21ST

MAKE TIME TO SEE THIS AMAZING EVENT GUYS AND GIRLS - I saw the 1999 one in Cornwall and even though the totality was obscured by cloud nothing will make me forget the amazing site of that enormous dark shadow blackening the clouds and racing across the sea to me (all the animals went quiet and 50,000 people on Plymouth Hoe all went 'WOOOO!' at the same time)

Here's the NASA site with some info on preparing for it, and a site with a state by state guide OR google it in your STATE to get the best advice on seeing it
BUT FOR GODS SAKE DON'T STARE AT IT WITH THE NAKED EYE - GET SOME KEVLAR SPECS, or watch it in reflected form on a piece of paper (various sites will show you how - google it if its not shown below)

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/20 ... ar-eclipse

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/maps.htm

Here's a map
whole-us.jpg
whole-us.jpg (267.88 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
This site has state by state guides and adverts for the Kevlar specs

https://www.space.com/35495-where-to-se ... lipse.html

Seriously, make time in your busy lives for this if you are anywhere near the shadow.

I'm posting this with 3 weeks to spare so you guys have time to plan for it

And just so this doesn't get moved to the miscellaneous area, Anyone know who she is ?
SG REVEAL.jpg
SG REVEAL.jpg (126.02 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I thought you were promoting a 2nd Brexit referendum
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Let us raise our hats to this most wondrous astrophysical phenomenon, without which Batman and Robin would've been fried a mere nine months into the show.
lionbadger wrote:
6 years ago
I thought you were promoting a 2nd Brexit referendum
At first I thought he had news of a Wonder Woman '77 animated movie...
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I think we can all agree that Tallyho is an incorrigible tease
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I never could figure out why those yanks were so amazed at seeing a bird or plane in the sky, but there ya go...

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
6 years ago
I never could figure out why those yanks were so amazed at seeing a bird or plane in the sky, but there ya go...
I guess the questions could have been "Is it a freakishly large bird, given its size in relation to other birds at the same altitude?" and "Is it a small plane flying dangerously close to tall buildings?"

I'm not sure the Superman opening titles would have been quite as iconic with those questions, though.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Perhaps Metropolis is like LA and they couldn't see the sky for the smog?

Anyone with any notion who the babe is? Found on a drunken web surf, no idea where

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Her name is Veronika Black. Not sure whether it's appropriate to post any direct links to her social media, as she doesn't appear to be in the adult industry.

Edit: Scrub that last comment. She gets her tits out for Patreon members.
https://www.patreon.com/veronikablack
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

How do people drive when it goes pitch black???(serious question a blonde chic asked me at work)
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Surely she's familiar with the work of Thomas Edison? Was she an Amish hot blonde chic or something?
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
6 years ago
Surely she's familiar with the work of Thomas Edison? Was she an Amish hot blonde chic or something?
Oh yes...she is very familiar with it...especially the tanning bed versions! Maybe she needs to meet the hitachi magic wand....it does wonders...
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yes, I understand the Hitachi Magic Wand is very good for back massages.

Joking aside, I wonder how long the Magic Wand had been on the market in 1968 before someone tried it as a sex toy? You can just imagine someone's old granny giving herself a nice massage and thinking "I wonder what happens if... Oooooooooooh!"

And strangely enough, 1968 puts it into the exact era of the classic Batgirl. A producer should do an authentic 1960s-themed video with a disguised villain tricking Batgirl into a newfangled electric massage before showing her what the Hitachi can really do.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

How long on the market before someone tried it as a sex toy?

How do you think it got approved for production in the first place?
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I don't know but I was right....showed one to her...told her it was magic for sore muscles and that I use it all the time and BAM....she told she will never be the same...she has seen the light!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

8 DAYS TO GO FOLKS- BOOK THAT DAY OFF AND GET THAT EYE PROTECTION

JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

I'm too far north to get the full effect, but the last time we went thru even an partial eclipse it was a odd unsettling phenom, the birds stopped chirping in the trees you'd a thought "Brother Mathias and The Family" were coming down the street....
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I'm a bit too far south and likely to be cloudy weather.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Vegas should be OK for this. At least it'll be warm.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Just make sure you get Kevlar specs or look at a projection

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Nashville and Kansas City should have a great view wearther permitting

shevek
Producer
Producer

Too far north in Pittsburgh to get a good dark effect I guess? :( I'm going to have camera equipment that day anyway, so I'll try to get some photos.

Yes that is Veronika Black. Amazing body, clearly had various alterations. I think she's somewhere around Vancouver. If she indeed does go topless when paid, someone from the Cascadia contingent of SHIP producers should approach her to do a video. From her Twitter feed it looks like she might be somewhat of a demanding diva, but you never know until you ask.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Good luck with the photography, make sure you take appropriate precautions.

lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Aren't eclipses traditionally portents of doom and calamity for....... oh, that's right Trump presidency, carry on
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

It's going to be a dark day in the US whatever Trump does. :)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

There is recommendations to view it through your celphone or pad.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Well one day to go. Make the effort guys but google and follow all safety guidelines. I hope the skies are clear for you all. And if you are on the cruise ship out of Miami where Bonnie Tyler is gonna be singing Total Eclipse of the Heart, you will have a whale of a time

ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

reminds me of someone

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Todays the day folks, enjoy it safely, and please share your experiences here

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Well chaps and chapesses, how did it go? Was it good for you too? Any stories, any pictures please post here.
And just to keep the thread vaguely SH related here's a manip of that bird from the big bang with the big bangers in SG body paint. (not my work I stress)
SG cuoco-.jpg
SG cuoco-.jpg (864.72 KiB) Viewed 3705 times

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Kaley is a goddess!!! I would worship her...literally....