Defeat of... Double feature, Jungle Choose Her Peril story

A darker, full bodied blend.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Hey all, I'm getting ready to start a new "Defeat of..." Choose Her Peril story. I've decided that I want to set it in a jungle and have two separate main characters (choosing which one you want to follow with your first choice).

I'm almost ready to start writing it but I want to do a little more prep work, flushing out the setting and perils I have in store for the two heroines. One will be a kind of wild jungle woman, the other will be a treasure hunter kind of like Lara croft.

Before I really get started I was wondering if there is anything particular you all are interested in reading? Any particular kinds of enemies or perils you find fitting for a jungle setting.

And as with my last two Choose Her Peril stories the free version of the story will only remain up till its finished and published on Amazon, after that I'll have to take it down. Between now and then I'm hoping to get feedback and suggestions on things you want to see.

Oh yeah, with the last two all of the endings were bad. I still intend almost all of the endings to be bad, but do you think I should sneak a couple of "good" endings in?

http://writer.inklestudios.com/stories/rngj

---------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Here's the most current link:

http://writer.inklestudios.com/stories/wvhf
Last edited by Philo Hunter 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Decided the story needed another heroine, a black one. They don't get enough love...

Re-did the introduction and am working on a new cover now!

-Edit-

Got the new cover done. Probably won't be able to get much done other than outlining before Monday, but I'll probably choose on of the characters to dive into and start working on then!
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Decided to work on Huntress first. Got her introduction done as well as the basic structure for her stories mapped out. Started working on scenes starting in the village, and got most of one sexual encounter done. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more work done later this week and have more to upload.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

After having gotten distracted and abandoning this project not long after starting it I've been working on it again the last few days. Just got done posting a few thousand new words worth of entries. Hopefully over the next week or so I'll be able to pound through at least Huntress' section. Would love to hear any feedback anyone has who gives it a test read.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

So once again I've come back to this project and this time I'm committed to either finishing it or at least getting a good deal of it done over the next couple of weeks. With that in mind I've made some changes and started from scratch (re-using what was done where possible). It will no longer feature three different heroines, which was pretty unrealistic, and just center on Huntress. Here's the new link:

http://writer.inklestudios.com/stories/wvhf

As of this post there isn't too much there, but that should be changing pretty fast with new content being added nearly every day. I'd really appreciate any and all feedback from anyone who gives it a try!
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Everything with the Kwazulu tribe is now done! There are a few story threads that lead out of their area that are not done, but most things within their encounters should lead to endings. And the book is now nearly 20,000 words of total content, so that's plenty of stuff to keep your stick digital fingers busy.

Going to take a little break then hop back in on another section. Trying to blow through this as fast as possible so I don't run out steam.

Really hoping to get some feedback from anyone giving this a read. And just a heads up: once the book is complete it won’t be available for free any more and will be shifted to Amazon for sale. I’m mostly posting it up now as I write to get helpful feed back on what people like and don’t like. If there is something you want to see in here post and let me know, if I can I'll try and work it in.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Story links dont seem to work for me, is there a new one that isnt posted?
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

https://writer.inklestudios.com/stories/wvhf

that one should be the correct one. It's working for me. Anyone else having problems or can confirm that its working for them?
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Still wondering if anyone has had luck getting the link to work?

If it is thought I'd let you know where I'm working on adding new content: The outer jungle. I've got that section about a third done now, hoping to get it finished up before the end of the week. Up to near 29,000 words, so I am working at a pretty good pace.
shzam
Henchman
Henchman

Link works for me (only the one in the previous post not the one in the initial edited post)
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Alright, I contacted Inkle and they said this is a problem they are having on some stories that they can't quite figure out. The link seems to work for some people, but not for others and there isn't much I, or it seems they, can do about it.

For those that its working for, I've now finished with the Outer Jungle and have started on the Simphiwe tribe. I've only got that section and one other to do before I'm done and hopefully it won't take me too long. Of course once I'm done and its submitted to amazon I'll be taking down the link to the free version.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

(new link works for me)
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Okay, cool! If you give it a read I'd love to hear some feedback as long as its constructive.