Collective of Heroes (webcomics)

shevek
Producer
Producer

Hey guys. In this thread, I'm going to explore a website called Collective of Heroes http://collectiveofheroes.net
which features various fairly well-drawn webcomics.

Yes, that's a thing: superhero webcomics have been growing for quite a while, and some of them (like Girl Genius) wind up getting very popular and printed into TPBs by major companies..which I'm sure is a long-desired goal of any comicbook artist. Obviously since this is a Superheroine Forum we'll concentrate solely on the sexy superheroines that are depicted in these webcomics. I may also make some other webcomic threads for some series that aren't affiliated with Collective of Heroes (which I found out about because I'm on DriveThru Comics' email list).

OK first, let's start out with Miss Melee. Written and drawn by Johnson and Guadalupe, she's a middle-aged mom (age 35) who has been in the superheroine game since the age of 14. She was trained by a ninja master from the Far East (no cultural appropriation there, I guess?), and took a a 15-year break from the superhero game to raise her daughter with her husband, who's a bike mechanic who has been unwittingly working on Miss Melee's motorcycle. I say unwittingly because for this whole duration, she has somehow been able to keep her identity a secret from her family. Nonetheless, her daughter admires Miss Melee and schemes to become her sidekick.

Both hilarity and action ensue as she fights both female villains (like a Brazilian ninja mistress, and a female technobot powered by nanomachines) and various thugdude gangs, etc. Miss Melee also also has a partner-in-heroism, the plump Japanese woman Osakan Riot (so there's "body-positivity" in this strip, a la Faith), also a mom, whom she coaxes out of retirement. And Miss Melee stays in great shape, she has a tight, sexy costume that is also practical but with a cute boob window!

Check out her adventures here: http://miss-melee.com