Idolized (Aspen)

shevek
Producer
Producer

If people know Aspen Comics, it's probably because of the magnificent art of Michael Turner and his beautiful renditions of the female form
derived from a 90s style - a bit good girl and a bit bad girl - especially with regards to the sea-based heroine Aspen (from the comic Fathom).
But for some reason, Aspen Comics doesn't really consider Aspen herself to be a "superhero", or that there are superheroes in the universe
she inhabits (which I guess is scientific?). And their other big successful series Soulfire is magic/fantasy.

So this series Idolized from a handful of years back (2012-13) was publicized as Aspen Comics' first "superhero" outing. It's about a Superhero Idol where the winner gets to join a super-team called The Protectors, and with the win comes fame and fortune (product endorsements and the like, I imagine). [Kind of like an imagined version of Stan Lee's real-life 'Who Wants to Be a Superhero'? TV show] The series was written
by Michael Turner's brother David Schwartz (qho wrote Meltdown for Image) and the cover artists are some big names.

The story centers around a girl named Leslie Linnell who goes under the superheroine name Joule. She is hot and sexy, and energy manipulation is her main power. By the fourth issue, her costume apparently endures some distress and is ripped apart. It looks like there are some other hot heroine contestants in it as well. haven't been able to find a way to read this online but I've been able to secure snippets to show you. Unfortunately, it looks like this comic was only issued digitally, and so the "TPB" that was issued, collecting the six-volume series of issues #0-5, is also only a "digital trade paperback" (a phrase which to me makes no sense, but whatever).

So..glean what you can from these sample pics. It seems like a pretty good story, and one that deserves a sequel series, or even maybe a TV script treatment.