Breaking Videos into clips

General discussions about superheroines!
Alex David
Producer
Producer

I understand there is a market for shorter (and cheaper) video clips rather than the full story-based videos. I'm wondering how I should split my videos into clips?

For example if I make a "belly-punching" clip, and all the belly punching in the video is inter mixed with other kinds of fighting, do I pull out all other types of blows and only keep the belly blows?

Or should the clips be more general, like the "fighting" section, the "AOH" sections and the "Sexual Peril" section?

I'd love any advice from those who enjoy shorter clips.

thanks!
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I'm not a purchaser of smaller clips generally, but if i was i would not buy a "compilation" type video with all the belly punching scenes in it, especially if it was a full story longer video broken down, as it would ruin the whole story with the jumps in the clip.

My suggestion would be to split the longer story video into sections that are time based. And sell the smaller clips, but add a good description of the elements that each section is split onto. Or continue making longer video but structure the script in a way that it is set out in theme's (eg start to 10mins in is fighting peril - 10mins to 15mins is unmasking, interrogation, talk - 15mins to 30mins is your sexual peril) If there were more videos like that i may purchase them more often and only buy the parts i want.
MAV6666
Henchman
Henchman

Hey Alex. From experience, it may make sense to split up clips into ~10 minute segments which have 1 or 2 things in each part. Sticking with heroine peril,maybe the first part is one-sided beatdown and capturing, the second part is peril, the third part is more fighting and posing (assuming the heroine wins). If it's heroine demise then yo may be able to split the last 2 parts into different types of peril. Just my 2c.

Did you get my email a few months back btw?
jlocke
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I think your story lines are really strong, I'd hate for you to sacrifice them just to check off fetish boxes. In the first Liberty Star movie, you could easily break that into 3 clips and not change anything.
Clip 1-the fight, Liberty beaten, finally knocked out
Clip 2-the electo torture scene with vibrator
Clip 3-the sexual domination/humiliation scene.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

FWIW, I always prefer to just buy the whole clip as one big movie. :)
Alex David
Producer
Producer

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm not planning on changing how I shoot, etc, So I will for sure continue offering the full video as a complete story. But I feel like there is a market for the smaller clips. I'll try the 10min break ups, maybe remove any extra dialogue which wouldn't make sense without the full story.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

I don't prefer it, but it has its benefits. Secret Identity FIlms do it and it does ensure that I can buy the videos with only the elements that I like.

But I prefer full feature videos.
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I think creating ten minute clips could be done in a way that is profitable and enjoyable without sacrificing too much of the creativity that goes into the larger videos. My strategy for this would be two fold.

- First, decide on two fetishes that each clip will be about. I've developed a theory that there are probably combinations of fetishes that are more popular than others. For instance if you're into one, you're probably into the other. I've created a poll here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26855 to try to shed more light on what some of these combinations might be. Bear in mind I made the poll this morning so there aren't many results yet. I've also made a separate poll here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26856 asking people what sort of endings they like.

- Second, you have to get a little creative with the writing in order to set up a scenario that only ends up being ten minutes long. In my opinion, I hate seeing movies broken up into different clips. I feel like a better idea is to have each clip be a different story. But in order to do that in ten minutes, most likely the best way is for the ten minutes to be one scene from a larger story that happens off screen. The characters could flesh out the rest of the story through their dialogue, or it could be some written exposition at the beginning of the clip to set the scene. And once the clip begins, some events have already happened off screen and now we show you the best ten minutes only, most likely the climax of the story. I could write stories like these based on the fetish combos very easily.

As a side note, If the story is very simple, then it's possible to do the whole thing in ten minutes.
Ave atque vale
heroinehunter
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Can generalize it - example : aoh. Might also go back and do some editing. I know for 'Dark Seduction I was good with just Liberty Girl's segment. Editing that to one sequence. It will sell. Also take a sequence from a longer vid - example : the first ten minutes of Exposed when she's first captured. Then do the electrical chair sequence.

I love the entire Liberty Girl films and want all of them. But I can see if the next guy or girl wants just a specific sequence. Both will sell. Release full movie first and then the edited bits.