New Superheroine

General discussions about superheroines!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
Last edited by CustomSuperheroines 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Hey man, good luck and all, but 30 thousand dollars is a lot of money when the only thing I've seen for this is concept art and some behind the scenes videos.

Maybe if you could make a small film, with less budget, based on the feature film you're trying to make and start from there. Showing at small things. My point is, they tried the same thing with Batgirl Spoiled, which were two great short films and they couldn't get it done and they're fanbase was quite large and enthousiastic

I think the work you've done with your heroine videos was great and unique in the genre, but I think you're setting the bar too high with your goals. Both for this kickstarter and maybe the entire project. I wish you good luck, though.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

If the kickstarter is for the timeline, then it's just to get the movie out faster, is that what you mean?
Bert

The Kickstarter donations go to a just created "Comics" arm of Logan's company, which will "donate" costumes to the movie production arm of his company. In essence, you are giving Logan money in exchange for the possibility that a movie might get made.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:The Kickstarter isn't for the movie-- it's for the timeline. And Batgirl: Spoiled - I know the team-- they were trying to use IP that wasn't theirs-- of course it's going to fail.
This pretender clown again.
Yes, you know the BATGIRL: SPOILED people like we do, on the internet. They don't know you from atom!
BATGIRL: SPOILED didn't fail. Still on youtube. They could have tried fair use parody law to counter the desist and continue, but they chose not to. They moved on.

If you think they 'fail' by not continuing on, then your fetish vids project will also by that definition FAIL. You FAIL more cause your vids will be gone, and their's still up.

https://youtu.be/U3jTp_lijyM

Didn't know people could seek contributions for 'timeline' on kickstarter, that must be new. Bound to FAIL.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

If it seems like a bad investment, it probably is. Just saying.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
Logan wrote:The Kickstarter isn't for the movie-- it's for the timeline. And Batgirl: Spoiled - I know the team-- they were trying to use IP that wasn't theirs-- of course it's going to fail.
This pretender clown again.
Yes, you know the BATGIRL: SPOILED people like we do, on the internet. They don't know you from atom!
BATGIRL: SPOILED didn't fail. Still on youtube. They could have tried fair use parody law to counter the desist and continue, but they chose not to. They moved on.

If you think they 'fail' by not continuing on, then your fetish vids project will also by that definition FAIL. You FAIL more cause your vids will be gone, and their's still up.

https://youtu.be/U3jTp_lijyM

Didn't know people could seek contributions for 'timeline' on kickstarter, that must be new. Bound to FAIL.
Look closely-- my team is in that video. And yes, we know each other very well. You've also made incorrect assumptions about why they didn't continue-- but you don't know them or know the situation. Nothing further to talk about here.
Look closely. Your team is NOT in that video. You DON'T know them at all personally. My assumptions are correct. You don't know them or know the situation. You offer NO proof cause you have none. You only have your usual PRETENDER words. Nothing further to talk about here.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:lol okay dude, you're right. That's definitely not my fight choreographer in that video and definitely not part of my stunt team.
Oh look, it's fat Mario with a tiny, no-lines bit-part. That's who you know!? LOL. That's what you call 'I know the team.' No, you know a bit player in the video, NOT the team. One person. Granted, he fills the screen like two people, but he's just one. Check out his ham acting, guess he's trying to be noticed. Can't act, but he can swirl a stick. Everyone else: They don't know you, you don't know them.

So a BATGIRL: SPOILED Blindside's bit-part thug is Logan's fight choreographer, I'd call that a step down.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Just the main charater's costumes are going to cost $250,000......
I'm sorry, but what? So your costume budget is north of $250,000? On a circa 2 mil budget movie?

Clearly, scaling up from Cross the Line's previous work that makes sense - but on an assumedly effects-heavy feature film with a 2 mil budget, I'd suggest that budget blows straight through the roof and into the stratosphere.

This costume:

Is not going to cost more than $10k to make (including a very well paid costume designer and their staff). More like $1k - literally in hyper realistic (not very useful for filming though) steel and kevlar for $10k. Surely you don't think more than 10 are needed for the entire production?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:
swampy170 wrote:Just the main charater's costumes are going to cost $250,000......
I'm sorry, but what? So your costume budget is north of $250,000? On a circa 2 mil budget movie?

Clearly, scaling up from Cross the Line's previous work that makes sense - but on an assumedly effects-heavy feature film with a 2 mil budget, I'd suggest that budget blows straight through the roof and into the stratosphere.

This costume:
-see image above

Is not going to cost more than $10k to make (including a very well paid costume designer and their staff). More like $1k - literally in hyper realistic (not very useful for filming though) steel and kevlar for $10k. Surely you don't think more than 10 are needed for the entire production?

Where did you get $2 million? That budget is not even close to the budget we're working with...

And it's not 10 Nightshadow costumes we need... Nightshadow will have 4. There are Hero and Stunt suits for each character. The main ones are Nightshadow, Gold Rush, Dragos, Allura, The Omega Soldier, Enigma-- prosthetics for The Omega Soldier and Valentine/YenZharr-- wardrobing for the Agents & The Hunters, cops, nurses, background.... so on and so forth.

I know you guys compare everything I produce to Heroine Legends but these films are nothing like that. Legend of the Bull had a $2.5 million budget and When the Time is Right had a $3 million budget-- and those were self-funded. Nightshadow's budget is significantly higher than both of those films-- definitely our largest undertaking.
The BULL movie had a 2.5 million budget!!

Where'd the money go? Certainly doesn't show in the teaser! Many student films with virtually no or tiny budgets look better than that! Anyone looking at that horrible teaser you put up for that unfunny travesty can see that. You're the biggest bragger pretender this forum has ever seen. Who you trying to fool?

BULL had a 2.5 million budget! Where's the full movie then? Time is Right had a 3 million budget. where's the full movie then? Anyone else who made movies with those budgets would get the movies out via online or DVD, and try to get at least some money back. Must be curious people who would watch BULL, at least 15 minutes of it before they turn it off, could gross about $1000 of your money back. Same with Time, so that would be $2000 gross. Some of that you could put to your Nightshitty costume budget!

Your BS is legendary. You should be a used martial arts supplies salesman. Probably were.

If for 2.5 million, BULL is the best you could do with that money, that sure doesn't bode well for Nightshitty. :thumbsdown:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A multi-million dollar production and you're crowdfunding a few thousand dollars? Reminds me of Willow 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdmirGSNUoA
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

You're shooting in April and you don't have the money to get the costumes made yet? What would $30,000 pay for when your costume budget alone exceeds $250,000? Is it a deposit or something?

And if these industry professionals aren't locked into a contract to produce X amount of costumes by date Y, how can you be sure they will be available to make any of the costumes in time for April? Have they set aside all of March, just on the strength of your word?

It just seems like a strange use of Kickstarter. I recall a successful campaign to raise the full budget for a Veronica Mars movie, but I don't recall any campaign to fund approximately 10% of the costumes for an otherwise funded(?) multi-million dollar movie.
Last edited by Heroine Addict 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If you need the costumes/props by April, how do you know these industry professionals will be available to make all that stuff at extremely short notice? Surely people of Star Trek caliber would expect everything to be locked down before setting aside March to produce your costumes?

Also, are you still planning a theatrical release? I haven't seen anything about it on Collider Heroes, the show dedicated to the cinematic worlds of superhero/ines. Seriously, you should contact Jon Schnepp if you want word to reach the audience who would get behind something like this.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:And I'm sure, Scribbler, that people finish principle photography and release a film within 2-3 months all the time. Thanks for your feedback.
I'm sure people finish principle photography and release a film within 2-3 months all the time too. But what does that have to do with OVER, TIME. BULL limboing in post production, all 3 of those are way beyond "within 2-3 months" after principle photog. I get it, you don't want those shown anywhere cause they suck. Don't blame you.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:They have assured me that they can make everything we need in our timeframe-- you saw the video with them and the latest update from a day or two ago I'm assuming? They believe in this project-- you can look them up if you want to verify their credentials... or maybe you already did?
They have a website, they have a business, they offer costume and prop making services. Anyone can hire them. A film student can hire them, a big studio can hire them. You just have to pay them what they charge.

"Our departments include Costumes, Armour, weapons, props, miniatures, creature effects, make-up effects, animatronics and robotics, sculpture, practical effects, prototyping, conceptual design, complete rental department, a 4'X8' Vacuumforming machine, a complete machine shop, and a full service computer graphics department to tie it all together...

If you want your project to come in on time and on budget Renegade Effects Group is your one stop shop for all your special effects needs."

They believe in this project? How so? They believe so much they're donating the costumes for free? No, they believe you're going to pay them for their work. It's not about 'believing' in this project. It's B2B working together. Besides Star Trek, they've also worked on small projects too, like yours. Any other producer here could also hire them. There's nothing special about Logan hiring them even though he's trying to make it appear that way. Got a project that could make use of their services, hire them and pay them. That's showbiz!
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
Logan wrote:And I'm sure, Scribbler, that people finish principle photography and release a film within 2-3 months all the time. Thanks for your feedback.
I'm sure people finish principle photography and release a film within 2-3 months all the time too. But what does that have to do with OVER, TIME. BULL limboing in post production, all 3 of those are way beyond "within 2-3 months" after principle photog. I get it, you don't want those shown anywhere cause they suck. Don't blame you.
There is NO full length theatrical feature film that gets from principle photography through post production to release in less than 3 months.
Of course there is.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Thanks
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

This thread is just one big shitshow.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
Logan wrote:They have assured me that they can make everything we need in our timeframe-- you saw the video with them and the latest update from a day or two ago I'm assuming? They believe in this project-- you can look them up if you want to verify their credentials... or maybe you already did?
They have a website, they have a business, they offer costume and prop making services. Anyone can hire them. A film student can hire them, a big studio can hire them. You just have to pay them what they charge.

"Our departments include Costumes, Armour, weapons, props, miniatures, creature effects, make-up effects, animatronics and robotics, sculpture, practical effects, prototyping, conceptual design, complete rental department, a 4'X8' Vacuumforming machine, a complete machine shop, and a full service computer graphics department to tie it all together...

If you want your project to come in on time and on budget Renegade Effects Group is your one stop shop for all your special effects needs."

They believe in this project? How so? They believe so much they're donating the costumes for free? No, they believe you're going to pay them for their work. It's not about 'believing' in this project. It's B2B working together. Besides Star Trek, they've also worked on small projects too, like yours. Any other producer here could also hire them. There's nothing special about Logan hiring them even though he's trying to make it appear that way. Got a project that could make use of their services, hire them and pay them. That's showbiz!
...duh.
Is that the reply of someone trying to come off as a professional? FAIL.

Is that the reply of someone just out of high school (mentally), remembers taking an AV class and now has delusions of being Spielberg but still delivering high school quality replies? YEP, per your usual.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Blx wrote:This thread is just one big shitshow.
Agreed, I'm out.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Another Logan crowdfunding thread bites the dust. Maybe the inevitable next attempt could just be crowdfunding the normal way without all the weirdness?

"Please give me some money to make a short promo to pitch to the TV networks. This is how Hollywood works. I'm in Hollywood."
"Please give my associate Mr Not Logan some money to start a porn site. He'll give you a small discount on a future purchase. Donate over $100 and he'll give you a free video!"
"Please give me some money to fund catering and extra comedy [ :blink: ] on a romantic comedy I'm shooting."
"Please give me some money to part-fund costumes for a multi-million dollar superheroine movie. I can't get my hands on the millions at the moment, even though I'm only a few short weeks away from shooting the movie."

Do you see how alarm bells may go off in someone's head when the crowdfunding isn't for an actual movie, but rather for a couple of very expensive costumes - assets, if you will - which you get to keep and use on any project you choose, regardless of whether this movie ever gets made?

Edit: I see this has now been changed to a thread for Logan to thank people repeatedly. Will there be a shiny new thread asking for money for some asset or expense while not committing to delivery of a finished product? I predict... there will!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If he starts a new thread for the same crowdfunding for $30,000 costumes, this one should be combined with it. That seems fair.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:If he starts a new thread for the same crowdfunding for $30,000 costumes, this one should be combined with it. That seems fair.
I expect it will be Indiegogo next time. (Failed Kickstarter campaigns always go to Indiegogo because they get to keep however much/little is pledged. Minus a hefty commission for Indiegogo, obviously.) And it will be presented in some other way - such as launching the online comic - which doesn't depend on delivery of a movie.

Crowdfunding can work well for movies such as Veronica Mars, An Honest Liar and The Death of Superman Lives where the audience is essentially committing to buy the finished product (plus some other goodies) in order to get the thing made. But this stuff about needing $30,000 quickly for some aspect of a movie with a multi-million dollar budget just seems shady.

Besides which, Logan stated "We will be aiming for a target budget of $500,000" back in October. Now we're looking at over $250,000 for just the costumes. So, are we supposed to believe that millionaire investors have since taken an interest, but they can't release the money yet? I hope Logan's not talking about an email he received from a Nigerian Prince?
OmniRisingProductions
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

theScribbler wrote:
Logan wrote:
swampy170 wrote:Just the main charater's costumes are going to cost $250,000......

This costume:
-see image above

Where did you get $2 million? That budget is not even close to the budget we're working with...

And it's not 10 Nightshadow costumes we need... Nightshadow will have 4. There are Hero and Stunt suits for each character. The main ones are Nightshadow, Gold Rush, Dragos, Allura, The Omega Soldier, Enigma-- prosthetics for The Omega Soldier and Valentine/YenZharr-- wardrobing for the Agents & The Hunters, cops, nurses, background.... so on and so forth.

I know you guys compare everything I produce to Heroine Legends but these films are nothing like that. Legend of the Bull had a $2.5 million budget and When the Time is Right had a $3 million budget-- and those were self-funded. Nightshadow's budget is significantly higher than both of those films-- definitely our largest undertaking.
The BULL movie had a 2.5 million budget!!

Where'd the money go? Certainly doesn't show in the teaser! Many student films with virtually no or tiny budgets look better than that! Anyone looking at that horrible teaser you put up for that unfunny travesty can see that. You're the biggest bragger pretender this forum has ever seen. Who you trying to fool?

BULL had a 2.5 million budget! Where's the full movie then? Time is Right had a 3 million budget. where's the full movie then? Anyone else who made movies with those budgets would get the movies out via online or DVD, and try to get at least some money back. Must be curious people who would watch BULL, at least 15 minutes of it before they turn it off, could gross about $1000 of your money back. Same with Time, so that would be $2000 gross. Some of that you could put to your Nightshitty costume budget!

Your BS is legendary. You should be a used martial arts supplies salesman. Probably were.

If for 2.5 million, BULL is the best you could do with that money, that sure doesn't bode well for Nightshitty. :thumbsdown:
Sorry I had to - "Legend of the Bull" had at best a $10k budget and "Overbooked" had about $2K - I know because I was a producer on those even though Logan likes the fact that he deleted me as a producer on Bull, but it's fine. Never has CtL made something over $23K (and that was a custom order)... Not sure the reasoning behind lying about budgets. I know NOTHING about Nightshadow, so I am not speaking about that project. When I parted ways with CtL, I stopped watching and trying to find out about its projects especially when I have my own to worry about. I think what we did with the small amount of money was pretty impressive actually. I'd rather gloat that I made a kickass movie with little to no budget than lie and say it cost more. That makes no sense. I was in both films and didn't get paid as an actor, nor did anyone else yet. Sooooo yeah, just wanted to clarify that since MY name is attached and I don't want anyone thinking that those lies are true. Puts me in a bad situation.
~Kristina
~Kristina Hess
Producer | Omni Rising Productions
http://www.OmniRisingProductions.com
http://www.ChainedtheSeries.com
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

OmniRisingProductions wrote: Sorry I had to - "Legend of the Bull" had at best a $10k budget and "Overbooked" had about $2K - I know because I was a producer on those even though Logan likes the fact that he deleted me as a producer on Bull, but it's fine. Never has CtL made something over $23K (and that was a custom order)... Not sure the reasoning behind lying about budgets. I know NOTHING about Nightshadow, so I am not speaking about that project. When I parted ways with CtL, I stopped watching and trying to find out about its projects especially when I have my own to worry about. I think what we did with the small amount of money was pretty impressive actually. I'd rather gloat that I made a kickass movie with little to no budget than lie and say it cost more. That makes no sense. I was in both films and didn't get paid as an actor, nor did anyone else yet. Sooooo yeah, just wanted to clarify that since MY name is attached and I don't want anyone thinking that those lies are true. Puts me in a bad situation.
~Kristina
Thanks for the updated info, Kristina. Good to get the real scoop from someone who knows. His lying is pretty obvious and easy to see through, but it's still guesswork for us outsiders.

So $10k, not $2.5 million. Super low-budget and no actors getting paid. Logan Cross from the land of lying-up-the-wazoo would be sad the truth is out. Good thing he's Unknown now, gone from here, and just a lurker.

Glad you got away from all that and are doing your own thing now. Best of luck. :cap:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I must admit, I kind of admire the nerve of the $100,000,000 lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD2fYEu5dCI

So the proposed budget has somehow risen from $500,000 to $100,000,000. Yeah, professional filmmakers always initially underestimate their budget by 99.5%.

We're supposed to believe that some mysterious investors are apparently going to throw $100,000,000 at a filmmaker who has no theatrical track record whatsoever? Meaning that Nightshadow would absolutely have to be one of the blockbusters of 2017? Logan is apparently making the most expensive indie film in history and it would have to be one of the most successful indie films in history to recoup the budget?

Riiiiiiiiiight, :blink:

The $100,000,000 thing seems intended to get anyone with more money than sense to sign up to one of the Kickstarter tiers that offers a Producer credit. After all, a few hundred bucks for a vanity credit on a movie which has twice the budget of Deadpool seems like an amazingly good deal. Or it would do, if it wasn't utter bullshit.

OmniRisingProductions wrote: Sorry I had to - "Legend of the Bull" had at best a $10k budget and "Overbooked" had about $2K - I know because I was a producer on those even though Logan likes the fact that he deleted me as a producer on Bull, but it's fine. Never has CtL made something over $23K (and that was a custom order)... Not sure the reasoning behind lying about budgets. I know NOTHING about Nightshadow, so I am not speaking about that project. When I parted ways with CtL, I stopped watching and trying to find out about its projects especially when I have my own to worry about. I think what we did with the small amount of money was pretty impressive actually. I'd rather gloat that I made a kickass movie with little to no budget than lie and say it cost more. That makes no sense. I was in both films and didn't get paid as an actor, nor did anyone else yet. Sooooo yeah, just wanted to clarify that since MY name is attached and I don't want anyone thinking that those lies are true. Puts me in a bad situation.
~Kristina
So the actual budget was 0.4% of that quoted by Logan? That's Loganomics!

Maybe he's combining the production costs of a load of existing videos and treating them as "development" or something?
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Being fair, Deadpool's budget was pretty tiny by Marvel film standards - and they did an amazing job bringing in a ton of profit.

Nightshadow at $100,000,000 is going to bring in zero profit, you might say suggesting it won't reach that figure in cinema sales would be shooting down the project - so not gonna say that.

However, I do believe I see some pink avian mammals flying overhead........

I'm not doubting this will get made, but the mysterious millionaire philanthropists are going to drop out leaving the kickstarter and all the pennies the people making it can drum up from other small-scale investors.

If it gets a global theatrical release it will be a true modern-day miracle, and those behind it should indeed be showered with ALL the praise for making that happen.
HeroineTard
Sargeant
Sargeant

I'm guessing it's pretty obvious now this Kickstarter was a scam like a lot of people thought it was
OP edited all his posts and pretty much deleted his forum account. I feel sorry for all the people dumb enough to give this guy money.

I hate seeing leeches like this scam a good service like Kickstarter. It's shit like this that ruins it for everyone else.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It seems more like a gross exaggeration than a total scam. I'm pretty sure Logan will make something called Nightshadow for a few thousand dollars. However, a $100,000,000 indie superhero/ine movie in theaters is the stuff of pure fantasy.

Movies on that scale get announced and discussed in Variety and Entertainment Weekly, not on niche adult sites.

At best, Nightshadow will end up with a low-key release on NetFlix or another streaming site. My own prediction is that Logan will go back to the fetish well and try to sell the movie on his own site for $50 or more. Possibly split into segments.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

10-page comic supposed to be out next month (June). Do let us know: anyone who pledged for a reward including it. :cool2:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!