Welcome TallyHo! Our New Site Ambassador!

For the new recruits! Come say hi!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey everyone!

While I love participating on this forum and obviously will continue to do so, I have noticed there are times when we have new users who are introducing themselves, or maybe having a little trouble getting the hang of navigating the forum and I let those slip through the cracks occasionally. So I thought it a good idea to have a dedicated "ambassador" who can help users out, welcome the newbies and help put out the occasional fire (Does this mean I have to invest in a fire suit?).

I thought who better than our esteemed member, TallyHo!? He has been around a while and knows the ropes and proof of his villainy has been scribed indelibly in the minds of the members here. So I am all for it!

(Yes, a Batman reference!)

So lets give him a big welcome, or a Bronx cheer, whichever you prefer and congratulations, TallyHo!

Oh yeah, he gets a shiny new rank too! :)
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Couldn't think of anyone more fitting.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Does he have to open the door for them, wear epaulettes, hail cabs on rainy days and tip his hat as well? :D I hope not! He'll be too exhausted to write anything but dirty heroine limericks if that's the case. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you couldn't have picked a better man for the job. And his roguish accent will add a touch of impudent charm to the site when he welcomes newbies. Congrats, Tallyho. :thumbup:
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Thank you, MH, and thank you all! I had demanded a sash but with my ample girth we decided there wasn't enough material in the Western Hemisphere, but I like the sound of epaulettes!

I'll try not to let it change me, but its probably too late.

Remember Doctor Dom - No need to bow, just call me 'sir'.

Ask me anything and I guarantee who ever you may be, I shall ignore you all equally.

I am something of a 'computer user, non technical' (but I won't be using that acronym) so if you do have anything technical I will still be passing it on to the Almighty Hypnotic (he got a promotion too- just kidding!) but any general issues or questions and I shall do my best to ignore them, before finally seeking an answer for you.

My role is essentially to make sure we all continue to have a good time here, and pour oil on any troubled waters and as you are all good people it should be a simple role, which is good, because I'm a simple chap.
;)
Last edited by tallyho 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

tallyho wrote: Remember Doctor Dom - No need to bow, just call me 'sir'.
In a pig's eye, sir! :sneaky:

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Pip pip...cheerio good sir, glad to know such a gentleman...always a kind soul to talk and listen, couldnt think of a better ambassador, well maybe Mr. Spock, but tallyho is cool!!
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

amb-ASS-o-dor

congrats on the promotion from anonymous forum poster to anonymous forum poster free labor for MH

good call!

just kidding, pretty cool of you to do it TH.

you are a gentleman and scholar (heroine peril pervert)
:D
Dave
Sargeant
Sargeant

Congrats and good luck in dealing with all us maniacs!
LordSnot
Henchman
Henchman

Jolly Good Tally ho.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Let's not get carried away now. The bbc recently unearthed some footage of tallyho up to his mischief back in the 1940s.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HA6iHuH3D14
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yo, LB, Stop dissin' me man, ya know? ;)

V good , loved Armstrong and Miller, and thanks everyone for the best wishes. :)

Don't forget I'm still just as capable of being a complete spanner as the rest of you and as such if you do feel I am being a dick (well, more so than normal) you can still take it up with admin in the normal way. Unlike the real world I don't have diplomatic immunity (thanks to 'Lethal Weapon' I can only ever hear that in my head in Joss Ackland's terrible South Afrikaaner accent)

I kinda have a motto (work ethic/mission statement, whatever the buzz word is these days) I am gonna employ-

'With no power comes total irresponsibility', or something like that...
;)

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

congrats on the promotion
darious
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Congrats Tallyho ... well deserved designation!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Demon Wrath.

I don't have mod rights but I have contacted the admins again (twice) to action your request.

Your point has been made, can you please now desist from spamming all threads and posts, I am sure you will be removed presently.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

If you keep this up we will have to tell your mother.

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

It's automated since he is not even showing as being online.

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Oops. My bad. He is online now.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Everybody, I have tried to contact admin via four separate methods, we will just have to ride it out until they respond and take action.

It'll be tea time soon and his mam will come down to the basement for him , so we will just have to all be patient until then.

To any newbies who are in the middle of this , its not always like this here I promise!
:)
Last edited by tallyho 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Banning will do, if possible, but I think the feat of today has earned him the right to have his account remain registered on the board, for his deeds to be remembered and marveled upon. Otherwise, I think MH knows very well that there are plenty of responsible people around here. Give them some mod rights, preferably distributed on both sides of the Atlantic, so that manifestations such as the one we have seen today can be avoided in the future.
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

Ezekiel wrote:Banning will do, if possible, but I think the feat of today has earned him the right to have his account remain registered on the board, for his deeds to be remembered and marveled upon. Otherwise, I think MH knows very well that there are plenty of responsible people around here. Give them some mod rights, preferably distributed on both sides of the Atlantic, so that manifestations such as the one we have seen today can be avoided in the future.
Amen! give tallyho mod rights..so things like this won't ever happen again and can be dealt with as quickly as possible.
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

In fairness MH offered me them but I didn't want that kind of a role.

ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

Tally needs one of these.
Ban Hammer.jpg
Ban Hammer.jpg (111.07 KiB) Viewed 11302 times
Saw you turned it down. What you think you are not worthy? :laugh:
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Not at all, I am totally worthy, but tragically totally inept when it comes to all things remotely technical.

I'm likely to accidentally ban everyone and just leave me and the offender on the forum. I never envisioned a live action banning event like this manifesting itself - I'm gonna call it DemonWrathGate (see, you are still part of this forum)- I figured as I always look for the best in people I wouldn't necessarily be good at picking up things that were inherently racist or malicious, so I thought I'd just take on a chief snitch role and pass it on to the Mods proper.

I'm dangerous with power tools so a banhammer probably isn't a good idea!

LordSnot
Henchman
Henchman

What about a Bitch Slapper then? The ability to ban a poster from posting?
Emperor(Adm.&Gen.)Omar Electo-Magneticus
Henchman
Henchman

MightyHypnotic @hyponlinemedia wrote:Hey everyone!

While I love participating on this forum and obviously will continue to do so, I have noticed there are times when we have new users who are introducing themselves, or maybe having a little trouble getting the hang of navigating the forum and I let those slip through the cracks occasionally. So I thought it a good idea to have a dedicated "ambassador" who can help users out, welcome the newbies and help put out the occasional fire (Does this mean I have to invest in a fire suit?).

I thought who better than our esteemed member, TallyHo!? He has been around a while and knows the ropes and proof of his villainy has been scribed indelibly in the minds of the members here. So I am all for it!

(Yes, a Batman reference!)

So lets give him a big welcome, or a Bronx cheer, whichever you prefer and congratulations, TallyHo!

Oh yeah, he gets a shiny new rank too! :)

Welcome, Tally Ho. :cap:
I hope your stay will be a blessed one.
Emperor (Adm.) & (Gen.) Omar Electro-Magneticus
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

LordSnot wrote:What about a Bitch Slapper then? The ability to ban a poster from posting?
or send them on a short holiday to think about playing nicely with others.
wondergirlsupragirl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Salute to the new site ambassador TallyHo! I have always found your posts & stories worthy of admiration. Your time of recognition is well deserved. Have a glass of whiskey & celebrate good times. Cheers! LOL :thumbup: :whistle:
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

(THANKS EVERYONE ABOVE FOR THE BEST WISHES)
Hi all ,
When I took over I said to MH we would have a probationary period of a couple of months to see if both sides were happy.

I'm happy to carry on doing it, if you guys are happy with what I'm doing. I've had a few pms saying well done which is nice but if anyone of you has any serious gripes then pipe up now, either here if you want me to try and put them right and change the way I do things or to MH.

I haven't started any wars yet which I think is a good thing, and although I understand its all kicking off again in a galaxy far, far away I assure you it has nothing to do with me!
T.

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I have a major gripe. You're way too nice. And much too eloquent. And far too politic. Keep on going this way and the place will be as dull as the black and white town of Pleasantville! But that's just me.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

You're banned. ;)

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Ok just over a year ago now since my Ambassadorship started, I'm happy carrying on, as long as you lords and ladies are happy to have me (and our God Emperor is of course). I just wanted to remind everyone that I am not above his wrath so if you do feel aggrieved with anything I say or do and do not feel comfortable talking to me directly you can always message the boss to complain about whatever it may be.

If anyone is unhappy with my general ineptitude or just has a suggestion how to improve ( :laugh: I know, crazy right? I know I'm fantastic!) then please either post here or message me , unless its some sort of death threat.

So I've said my bit and to paraphrase Casey Kasem, "Keep your feet on the ground and....er... you'll never fall off a ladder'.
Words to live by, there.

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A whole year already?! Will there be a celebratory reception with Ferrero Rochers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P-nZZkQqTc
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

In yer dreams posh boy

digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I don't approve of bumping your own promotion thread to remind everyone of your forum powers. Demote!
:laugh:
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

In my defence I am doing it to remind people that they (my 'powers') can be taken away lol

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

We might as well stick with you. Just in case the next guy or gal is a tyrant who won't tolerate my shenanigans.

However, if someone comes along and promises to build a wall to keep trolls out, I might be swayed. Particularly if that person repeatedly tells us how "great" and "tremendous" his or her policies will be without ever explaining how they could possibly work in the real world.

#CrookedTallyho #MakeSuperheroineForumGreatAgain
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Bert

That'd be taking a yuge risk!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Besides, where would we find another Ambassador who knows and offers up so many dated references?

lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote:Ok just over a year ago now since my Ambassadorship started, I'm happy carrying on, as long as you lords and ladies are happy to have me (and our God Emperor is of course). I just wanted to remind everyone that I am not above his wrath so if you do feel aggrieved with anything I say or do and do not feel comfortable talking to me directly you can always message the boss to complain about whatever it may be
Wait, what? Really?

BRING FORTH THE WICKERMAN
HEAT THE TAR AND FEATHERS
STOKE THE RED HOT POKERS
PREP THE USF BASTIELLE!

THROW OFF YOUR SHACKLES AND EMBRACE A NEW DAWN FREE OF 1970s BBC SITCOM REFERENCES!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

DrDominator9 wrote:Besides, where would we find another Ambassador who knows and offers up so many dated references?
Doc and LB, just because I can remember all the words to BJ and the Bear WITHOUT GOOGLING IT and you poor saps can't - jealousy isn't an attractive trait ya know.

Bert

"You're going to make it after all!"
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Guess you're feeling lucky, aren't you, punk!

lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

When Tally ho was at school there was no history class
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I bet some old fart will mistake this for a duplicate post..... :whistle:
Last edited by tallyho 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^ So I made up my own! lol.
I bet you were the sort of rotter that would steal a kids slate and chalk!

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Uh oh! A duplicate posting. Old references and senility...can a walker and a days-of-the-week pill dispenser be far behind?

Next thing you know he'll be banning KO pictures 'cause he thinks they're referring to Katy Olsen and he hates those twins.

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DrDominator9 wrote:Uh oh! A duplicate posting. Old references and senility...can a walker and a days-of-the-week pill dispenser be far behind?

Next thing you know he'll be banning KO pictures 'cause he thinks they're referring to Katy Olsen and he hates those twins.
This Katy Olsen of whom you speak, is she a starlet in the newfangled talkies?
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Sorry about the confusion. I meant Mary-Kate Olsen. But yes it's the talkies you speak of.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I was lured into it by MH's recruitment poster
nerdy-weak-never-popular-at-school.jpg
nerdy-weak-never-popular-at-school.jpg (17.68 KiB) Viewed 8610 times

Lordofheroines17

tallyho wrote:I was lured into it by MH's recruitment poster

nerdy-weak-never-popular-at-school.jpg

hahahahhahhah that made me laugh. Great meme