Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Official Teaser Trailer #1

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Rye
Producer
Producer

I was excited when I first heard they were doing it 7-9 but when JJ was announced I was like BAM... perfect choice IMHO. Only problem is he won't be involved with the next Star Trek which is disappointing.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I like his eye for visuals, especially for flying....he seems to capture the realism of the dynamics of a flying vehicle -- the light, reflections, stress, vapor trails, etc. The shot of the Millennium Falcon was a perfect example of what flight should be like instead of the smooth, direct take offs that we're used to in the Star Wars movies. Too bad he's not directing the rest
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

WOW-Girl wrote:Why I can't thumbs up the admin's post ?

Because he's the admin...he doesn't need your love! :D

He's like Clint Eastwood in the Dollar films...no one knows his name...but he doesn't need anybody anyway...he walks a different path to the rest of us....a dark road ...a lonely, thankless path...but he cares not, as he doesn't know the meaning of the word fear (and various other common words in every day use which might come as a surprise :thumbup: )
;)
I've got no thumbs up buttons here too, Wow Girl. But perhaps its just temporary.

My mates had raved about the trailer but it left me a bit flat. I think after they had built it up I expected more.
We shall see what Jar Jar Abrams brings to the party.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

You can. Its the O button.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Mr. X wrote:
That just tells me the status of reputation for that post Mr X., with no means to add to it. Previously there were little thumb up and thumb down icons before the O.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
Mr. X wrote:
That just tells me the status of reputation for that post Mr X., with no means to add to it. Previously there were little thumb up and thumb down icons before the O.

Odd I pressed it above before and it upvoted his post. Now it just shows the count. could be he's doing some renovating
admin

Try it now and tell me if it works for you...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yep, all present and correct for me now, little thumbs up/ down are back and working, thanks.

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Star Wars 7 trailer #2

There's a young woman in this who I'm going to guess is Luke's daughter. So...she qualifies to be in the superheroine lounge (until I find out I'm wrong!)
Last edited by theScribbler 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Fuck yeah! Excuse my language. Star Wars episode 7 looks better every time I see it.

To respond. She is either Luke's Daughter or Leia's daughter. She's the most likely to be the lightsaber swinger of the three. The storm trooper can't be lukes kid, and can't be a solo because... well he's African American, and really really black. Not mixed. So he's out of the lineage runnings (Though could still potentially be force sensitive), and I assume that 'Poe Dameron' is the pilots full name... though I admit I could be wrong. My best Guess is she's either Kira Rey Solo, or Kira Rey skywalker... but my money is on Skywalker for a couple of reasons. A) If the rumors are true and its Kylo Ren Solo, it seems odd to have changed their names from Jacen and Jaina just to use the same sibling dynamic, and B) It really sounded like luke was talking to a direct descendant....

All wild speculation... but I like to think its educated wild speculation!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I wonder what the deal is with Vader's charred corpse? I hope it's retrieved from a tomb or something. It would seem a bit weird if Luke just left his dad's burnt body lying around in a forest on Endor, in case the Ewoks felt a bit peckish.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Looks I can't wait.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

We've been here before, except that this one does genuinely look good. :)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Han Solo has worn the same shirt and waistcoat for 38 years.

AnastasiaPierce
Producer
Producer

Looks really good can't wait!
Lots of Love, Your Wonder Amazon
Anastasia

Super Heroine Clips:
http:www.AnastasiaClips.com

Movies VOD - http://www.HeroineCentral.com
Official Site - http://www.AnastasiaPierce.com
DVD Store - http://www.AnastasiaStore.com
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote:Han Solo has worn the same shirt and waistcoat for 38 years.
Meanwhile Chewbacca stays young looking by using Just For Wookies.
Superfreak
Neophyte
Neophyte

Haha at the Han and Chewie comments... I love SW and this trailer.

As of the Heroine... I believe she will be Han & Leias daughter. Making her Luke's niece, so she is still in "the family". Uncle Luke... Can you image? LOL

I also think that Kylo Ren (the baddie) is going to be their son. Logically thinking, this new SW will be brother vs. sister and Han will die at some point... I think Luke's kid(s) will be a mystery that surfaces as a surprise somewhere in the new trilogy. Then again it could be Luke's daughter vs Han's son?

Just my 2 cents...
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I just hope the toy line is just as impressive as the trailer!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

For a real plot twist why not have Chewy as Hans long lost son and all this time he never knew....

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer (Official)

the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I will set it but I dread what Abrams is going to do.

His Star Trek was awful.
hardensmith
Neophyte
Neophyte

I have full faith in JJ. As a film student, I thought his take on Star Trek was cinematically breathtaking. As a movie fan, I thought it was a lot of fun. As for Star Wars, Abrams has the highest form of respect/fan boy admiration as anyone and has nearly killed himself to make episode 7. A labor of love and for what he as shown with the two teasers, the BTS Reel, and now this trailer, it looks like it'll be one of the best movies in years.
athenaartemis
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Thanks for posting this trailer! :yes:
AnastasiaPierce
Producer
Producer

Thanks for posting it. I am going to be one of the millions people watching it!
Lots of Love, Your Wonder Amazon
Anastasia

Super Heroine Clips:
http:www.AnastasiaClips.com

Movies VOD - http://www.HeroineCentral.com
Official Site - http://www.AnastasiaPierce.com
DVD Store - http://www.AnastasiaStore.com
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Got my tickets last night
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Isn't Luke supposed to be evil in this?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Avenger, has the Phantom Menace taught you people nothing?LOL.

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:I will set it but I dread what Abrams is going to do.

His Star Trek was awful.

I agree. Abrams Star Trek is a wreck. In fact I don't think Star Trek ever made a good movie franchise. Its much better as a TV show.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

There's a reason Luke isn't featured much and I suspect he's in a self-imposed exile; perhaps he's stronger with the Force than he imagined, but not evil
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
Dazzle1 wrote:I will set it but I dread what Abrams is going to do.

His Star Trek was awful.

I agree. Abrams Star Trek is a wreck. In fact I don't think Star Trek ever made a good movie franchise. Its much better as a TV show.

The main reason is that ST was the thinking person's science fiction dealt with political and social issues. The movies did not have that.
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

I liked Abrams first Star Trek, but everything else he has done is awful, and is one of the most overrated people in Hollywood.

Should have just left it alone, or let Lucas direct, and maybe MAYBE, had RIdley Scott direct.

Or Michael Bay :)
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

I also think this looks awful. I hope I am proven wrong.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

xxxwarriorxxx wrote: Should have just left it alone, or let Lucas direct
CHRIST! Not Lucas! He doesn't know how! Jar Jar Abrahms is a better choice than him at least

RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

I enjoyed JJ's first Trek film. It was fun and campy w/o getting too far away from Trek. The 2nd film was awful and he just tried to copy old ideas and do a Wrath of Khan/Space Seed mash up that was all dark and gritty and I just didn't care for it. I'm curious to see what he does with Star Wars.

Part of me wants to avoid this as I'm a bit pissed at Disney for getting rid of the expanded universe that I read all of and loved in my high school years. The expanded universe told through the novels and other medium was absolutely amazing and there were some truly epic tales. I also believe Disney's "revamp" got rid of a lot of the Old Republic lore and universe which also sucks a ton. I also thought the prequels were horrendous, save for parts of Revenge of the Sith, and I have no idea if JJ can do any better.

That having been said seeing Han and Chewie and the Falcon brought back great childhood memories and nostalgia and I may go see this just to see my two favorite characters and the greatest sci-fi ship of all time(in my opinion of course), though I don't understand the whole "They just found it again" part with Han and Chewie having to get the ship back. Who knows. The trailers have been pretty good, but I'm not sure how the story is going to work out, again because I loved the Grand Admiral Thrawn and all the EU stuff they did following ROTJ in the books/comics, etc.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I think they got the visual look of it right, anything past that is a bonus. It definitely needed somebody other than Lucas making it though, the prequels were a dumpster fire.
Blue-Scion

THIS MOVIE WILL BE GREAT! ALSO WHO IS FOR SOME FEMALE STARWARS HEROINE PERIL VIDS?? THIS MOVIE AND BATMAN VS SUPERMAN HAVE GOT ME VERY EXCITED!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Lawrence Kasdan wrote the screenplay for Return of the Jedi, co-wrote the Empire Strikes Back. He also wrote screenplay for Raiders of the Lost Ark. He didn't write any of the 3 Star Wars prequels.

He's been brought back as a screenwriter for Star Wars: the Force Awakens. He's listed first, so he's probably the main writer.

To me it bodes well that Kasdan is involved in the writing again. Certainly bodes better than if he wasn't. Good writing is so important.

I think the trailer looks great and does it's job: making me really want to see this movie! Looks and feels very Star Wars to me, and really curious to see older Han, Chewy, Leia, Luke and the droids in this.

Star Trek topic:
I really liked Wrath of Khan and the Voyage Home. Didn't like 1st movie, and hated the 5th. The 3rd and 6th were just OK. Not a Next Generation fan, and didn't like any of those movies, the last one was probably the best but still meh to me. (Did like Shatner's bit in the Next Gen movie he was in.)

I thought Abram's Star Trek movies were just OK, don't love them, don't hate them. Something missing. The character relationships come off as largely surface, little depth. Well, some, but not like the original. Maybe they need to grow on me, I dunno. Maybe they need to bring in Kasdan to write some of it! I did like the movies better the 2nd time I watched them, picked up on more things.

I also really hate the look of the bridge: bright, shiny, glowy, distracting, annoying, uncomfortable, plastic-ky, and makes no sense to me that it didn't somewhat resemble any prior Star Trek bridge. Well, OK, it has a captain's chair, a navigation console, but it still feels so much like not home! A five year mission working there, no thank you.

The 3rd movie needs to be more mission oriented. Meet Apollo, meet the Gamesters of Triskelion, meet Charlie X, where's Yeoman Rand!? Yeoman Rand meet Miri, Miri meet Yeoman Rand, now tie her up!

:starwars:
Last edited by theScribbler 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

1st star trek movie is the only real star trek movie. It was boring but its the only movie that held to the idea of star trek. All the others are combat/special effects show cases except maybe voyage home. Six might be.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:1st star trek movie is the only real star trek movie. It was boring but its the only movie that held to the idea of star trek. All the others are combat/special effects show cases except maybe voyage home. Six might be.
Disagree that 1st movie was the only real star trek movie and only movie that held to idea of Star Trek. Agree it was boring. Goldsmith's music was really good though, but couldn't save the movie.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The movie was bad and boring BUT its more in line with Star Trek episodes than the rest of the movies.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I agree about the Trek movies, they were, on average, awful. The first one is proper Trek, Wrath of Khan was great in and of itself, and after that it just got worse.

What Abrams did with his take on the Star Trek movies was make them less Science Fiction and more Science Fantasy, and there's a big difference between the two. Star Wars was originally Science Fantasy for example, because there's nobody really talking science, it's swords, magic, princesses, monsters and the like. Trek was, for the most part, always looking to science things together. But much less so in the new movies.

With that in mind I think Abrams could do a good job with the new Star Wars films.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:1st star trek movie is the only real star trek movie. It was boring but its the only movie that held to the idea of star trek. All the others are combat/special effects show cases except maybe voyage home. Six might be.
Wrath of Khan was actually more about the argument of being able to create things and play God, science vs. nature and all that. It was very "Star Trek". I'd also say this about a few of the other films, especially Star Trek VI which was more about race/politics and echoed some of the same things that were going on in the real world at the same time.
Ninja J.
Henchman
Henchman

How did I miss this nerd party?

The "New" Star Trek, I thought was good overall. A lot of the science didn't make sense but it was fun and had lots of action. I thought the Spock being of two worlds theme could have been laid out better but overall it sent a good message. I know a lot of die-hard trekkies hated "Star Trek" but the movie reinvigorated the franchise, like it or not. Star Trek was DEAD after Nemesis. I hope to see a new Series, but there wouldn't be any chance at all without the Abrams Star Trek revitalizing the franchise.

Star Trek has always been a better tv series, but there were some great movies that captivated the overall great themes of Star Trek, and combined them with great action and drama. Star Trek II, IV, VI, and Star Trek First Contact were great at blending theme with action.

As far as the New Star Wars, the trailer looks frickin' awesome. But so did the prequels, so I'm very skeptic. Abrams has to be better than Lucas though, right?
Blue-Scion

Ninja J. wrote:How did I miss this nerd party?

The "New" Star Trek, I thought was good overall. A lot of the science didn't make sense but it was fun and had lots of action. I thought the Spock being of two worlds theme could have been laid out better but overall it sent a good message. I know a lot of die-hard trekkies hated "Star Trek" but the movie reinvigorated the franchise, like it or not. Star Trek was DEAD after Nemesis. I hope to see a new Series, but there wouldn't be any chance at all without the Abrams Star Trek revitalizing the franchise.

Star Trek has always been a better tv series, but there were some great movies that captivated the overall great themes of Star Trek, and combined them with great action and drama. Star Trek II, IV, VI, and Star Trek First Contact were great at blending theme with action.

As far as the New Star Wars, the trailer looks frickin' awesome. But so did the prequels, so I'm very skeptic. Abrams has to be better than Lucas though, right?
I think it will be better because of the lesson learned from the prequels and the fact that its now a sequel and not a prequel. I just hope it has a character or 2 that will inspire some peril vids hehe
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

There was a discussion of movie trailers back way in the last century. One producer told another that with all the good bits in the trailer, there was no need to watch the movie. The other producer said that all the good bits would convince people to see the movie because they would assume that there were more good bits.

I worry that we've seen almost all the good bits.

As for Star Trek, the even numbered episodes were better than the odd. But there were some really bad plots even compared to bad TV series plots. I can't believe I wasted my time being there for opening day of the first one.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Blue-Scion wrote:
Ninja J. wrote:How did I miss this nerd party?

I just hope it has a character or 2 that will inspire some peril vids hehe

What, like another Cantina band lead singer....? ;)
Last edited by tallyho 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

RedMountain wrote:I enjoyed JJ's first Trek film. It was fun and campy w/o getting too far away from Trek. The 2nd film was awful and he just tried to copy old ideas and do a Wrath of Khan/Space Seed mash up that was all dark and gritty and I just didn't care for it. I'm curious to see what he does with Star Wars.

Part of me wants to avoid this as I'm a bit pissed at Disney for getting rid of the expanded universe that I read all of and loved in my high school years. The expanded universe told through the novels and other medium was absolutely amazing and there were some truly epic tales. I also believe Disney's "revamp" got rid of a lot of the Old Republic lore and universe which also sucks a ton. I also thought the prequels were horrendous, save for parts of Revenge of the Sith, and I have no idea if JJ can do any better.

That having been said seeing Han and Chewie and the Falcon brought back great childhood memories and nostalgia and I may go see this just to see my two favorite characters and the greatest sci-fi ship of all time(in my opinion of course), though I don't understand the whole "They just found it again" part with Han and Chewie having to get the ship back. Who knows. The trailers have been pretty good, but I'm not sure how the story is going to work out, again because I loved the Grand Admiral Thrawn and all the EU stuff they did following ROTJ in the books/comics, etc.

I would have preferred them to do that trilogy instead of what Abrams comes up with. Besides Thwan you had Mara Jade and Talon Karrade.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Dazzle1 wrote:
RedMountain wrote:I enjoyed JJ's first Trek film. It was fun and campy w/o getting too far away from Trek. The 2nd film was awful and he just tried to copy old ideas and do a Wrath of Khan/Space Seed mash up that was all dark and gritty and I just didn't care for it. I'm curious to see what he does with Star Wars.

I would have preferred them to do that trilogy instead of what Abrams comes up with. Besides Thwan you had Mara Jade and Talon Karrade.
Yeah the EU from back in the day was amazing and I'm pretty pissed at Disney/whoever decided to just toss it all out.