Outbox and not sent?

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
Blue-Scion

I have a few messages in my outbox and im not sure if they have gone through. What exactly is the outbox for?
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

I think the outbox is your recently sent messages - but I'm wading in with my totally clueless opinion just based on what I've seen. Does that make sense with what you're seeing?
Lost in the night, and there is no morning.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The messages stay in your Outbox until they have been read by the recipients. After that, they're moved to your Sent Messages folder.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Blue-Scion

Heroine Addict wrote:The messages stay in your Outbox until they have been read by the recipients. After that, they're moved to your Sent Messages folder.
Are you sure?
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Blue-Scion wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote:The messages stay in your Outbox until they have been read by the recipients. After that, they're moved to your Sent Messages folder.
Are you sure?
Well, that's how it has always worked in the past. And that's how it worked for me with a message I sent a few minutes ago which the recipient has just read.

If people have read your messages but they're still showing in the Outbox, then you're experiencing a fault which needs to be reported to admin.

The most likely explanation is that the messages simply haven't been read yet.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
admin

This is exactly how it works.
Blue-Scion

Thank you to all of you :)
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

One big advantage of the Outbox is that it gives you the chance to edit or delete messages as long as they haven't been read yet. Which is good if you regret saying something or want to clarify a point.