Nova Woman and Flare (2012) Review

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Running Time: 37 min, 00 sec
Nova Woman and Flare stars Paris Kennedy and JC Marie as the titular roles who after receiving word of the whereabouts of villain Red Queen(Played by Randy Moore) soon find that she not only has company with her but is also fit with an array of humiliating tasks to put the duo through if she can get the upper hand, but can the duo overpower her in time? Lets find out!

And the first thing that jumped out at me about this was the costume design, both Nova's and Flare's being incredibly shiny and extremely complimentary to both girls best features aswell as showing more than enough skin to perfectly balance it out to be the most effective costume it can be,

and as if that wasn't enough we are then given Red Queen's which its just as abundantly titillating consisting of the shiniest and most body-hugging spandex, while not having as much features as both of them it wholly makes up for it.

and while her sidekicks have considerably simpler designs showing alot more skin and not having much creativity put into them they still really work and even though at first sight they seem too simple to be in a heroine film they grow considerably more effective with the second and third glance leaving no costume ineffective or too underwhelming and once again SHW have delivered wholeheartedly in their costume design.

The acting is purposefully campy with the exception of Randy Moore who again does a great job at adding foreshadowing aswell as a potently villainous side to her character that she delivers at an incredibly subtle/deeper level than most, everyone else's campiness works and gives great energy to the scenes mainly because its intentional done yet when things go get more serious they all can easily change tone and really deliver some great moments during these more heated/serious scenes too.

The fighting is really well done and incredibly varied with it's addition of eye-catching special effects, it's efficient performers and multiple shot changes that really make sure you're never bored during any of these sequences.

The writing/setup is the usual fare but in great SHW fashion it levels its extremely short premise by masterfully spreading the storyline out to add depth to the events occurring as you watch them..

And even with addition of the usual plot device of an upper hand from the villain over the heroine the film is still somehow able to keep a back and forth quality to its characters success over each other during these fights to really keep up alot of suspense despite the fact that we know the villain has a certain ability/trick up her sleeve to get the upper hand over our heroines in the end,

and even when she finally does it's so varied in the types of humiliation she's putting the heroines through that it still keeps that roller-coaster feeling in the rest of the film aswell (and I really have to applaud it for that).

The directing is incredibly solid and consistently titillating while considering the captivating eye candy occurring in front of it, the provocative aspect really doesn't seem like a big challenge to make, yet with this the directing is still able to add even more complimentary shots and provocative touches to somehow titillate us even more than what's already going on.

So overall this film is a captivatingly abundant treat for the eyes with its great costume design, extremely provocative performances aswell as having the usual abundantly titillating themes that we've grown to know and love from SHW, so with that being said I definitely have to recommend this film.

Side note : This film contains a lot of belly punches that could definitely come off as tedious to anyone else but because I was so mesmerized by every other aspect it didn't affect me at all but everyone is different and what effected me may not effect you the same way so it could be much more of a blatant/off-putting aspect for you so be warned.

10/10

Buy It Here :
http://www.superheroineworld.com/sample ... 23join.htm

My blog where you can find all my other reviews aswell as this one :
http://javreviewsxxx.tumblr.com/
Last edited by javcritic 9 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I agree too campy and Randy Moore is much sexier as a defeated heroine either as Electra Woman or another tall blond
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

I agree with Javcritic. I saw this vid recently and while I'm a fan of superheroine mixed fights, this vid did have its qualms here and there. Akira Lane was terribly underused in this as was Kimberly Jayne. The bellypunching, while fun, was a touch much and the final outcome of the movie didn't exactly put a smile on my face. This is my first time seeing Randy play a villain, but she wasn't really given too much to work with in this particular story.

Granted, the special effects for Nova Woman were outstanding and I loved that echo her voice made when she spoke. That and the palm push attack that she uses that knocks her opponents back really made her character appear superhuman.

The producer gave it their best shot, but this one kinda falls forward before it can even take flight.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'