Livewire (2014) Review

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Running Time : 22 mins 58 secs

Seeing as I’ve been doing a lot of TBFE stuff lately i thought i might try someone I’ve never reviewed before (even if they’re both under the same company), so here it is my first Secret Identity Films review…

Livewire stars CJ The Model as the titular role a superheroine infamous for her crime stopping abilities who after stopping a typically petty bunch of thugs soon finds that a much more powerful force is in the area : Supervillain Zen-Tra and her newly transformed servant Brute who’s looking to make her villainous group a trio, but can Livewire’s powers match their powers of temptation? Lets find out.

And the first thing i liked about this film was the amount of good wit and charm it had about itself, with really natural comedic moments/jokes with none of them feeling forced or flat, it added an instant likability/watch-ability to the film and it’s characters from the very first frame.

The action is energetic and kinetically shot with its swift/forceful camera movements that add weight and brashness to every hit and feeling very fresh compared to how most action scenes are shot in these films.

And while the supporting cast have their amateur feeling moments none of it detracts or takes away from the films overall quality, and it’s lead actress CJ The Model gives a charismatic, likable yet subtly provocative performance as she also gives some of the most stunning reactions I’ve seen in a heroine film with such control/skill on how she can use her expressions to manipulate and completely absorb the audience and for that i have to applaud her.

The script is also effortlessly provocative, getting it at a perfect balance so it doesn’t feel like its overpowering the story at all and feels more like a pleasant addition to a fundamentally straightforward superheroine story, and with the last couple of films I’ve reviewed being bluntly sexual in their themes/content it was a nice surprise to find a superheroine film that was interesting enough in its own right to not have to completely rely on sexuality all the time.

The film is also much shorter than the other films i have reviewed recently which is another pleasant surprise plus with it’s already easily watchable pace and editing it was a breeze to watch and is definitely one of the most effortless watches I’ve had in a long time.

Another contributing factor to this is the makers restraint on the length of the fight scenes which when they’re just getting started up ; they stop and the story you wanted to keep watching continues as you’d have liked, the bits that do come up are very effective in the short time they have mainly because of CJ’s reactions which as said before are captivating to watch and make it so you don’t need to see ten minutes of it to get the message they’re trying to send as she so perfectly displays it in a matter of seconds and they can then continue on with the story as usual and i think this is just another to credit to her acting.

The soundtrack like the best is very resilient, effortlessly changing with the tone of the film and giving each change just as much support/credibility as the last.

Other than the supporting cast there is another great performance in this film and it’s Zen-Tra’s who is extremely sensual yet delightfully diabolical and is she’s a complete joy to watch everytime she’s on screen giving just as much delightful villainy as she does a sensual atmosphere to every scene and is able to balance these both perfectly, and i feel she is never used sparingly at all, always getting enough of her and never wishing there was more.

The direction other than in the fight scenes gives even more energy and personality to the film as the performances/writing do while also being potently provocative when the film gets progressively more heated capturing CJ’s great mannerisms and expressions perfectly plus also contributing to the films shift into darker territory by adding a real sense of dread and urgency to these scenes.

And the final sex scene like the fight scenes last a mere 2 minutes but is still just as titlitating as any other sex scene i have watched as it completely focuses/relies completely on CJ’s perfect reactions/facial expressions and because like Solaria it is nowhere near the level of viscera as Firebird’s sex scene it is able to wholly make up for that through it’s great utilization of it’s main star,

and the way they play with conflicting sides of the heroine is also very new/exiting with one side that was hating it the whole time as another starts to love it and CJ perfectly displays these split emotions with mastery as she her character says no for the most part but we can hear the words yes lightly being muttered under her breath as they both start to clash and finally one cancels out the other sealing her fate, and just by this one genius subtlety we are told so much making this short moment more spellbinding than any of the sex scenes I’ve seen just because of it’s great reliance of its incredibly talented actress.

So all in all this film not only has one of the pivotal/absorbing central performances i have seen in a long time but also has a surprisingly subtle sexual tone throughout while also being funny and witty too, it’s surprisingly effective final sex scene, short length and swift pace amplified by the filmmakers restraint in the otherwise indulgent sex/fight scenes of most heroine films all coming together to make just as much of a profound and enthralling heroine film as it is an effortlessly watchable and consistently witty/charming one, so with that being said i definitely have to recommend this film.

10/10

Buy it Here! :

http://shg-media.com/Default.asp?PageID ... 3907136212

My blog where you can find this review plus many others :

http://javreviewsxxx.tumblr.com/
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Fantastic review as always javcritic. I love the way you break down what worked for this particular story and you were very descriptive in this review also. Tell me, what attracted you to this particular story.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'