Most Brutal Defeats

The Dark Side Of Superheroine Peril Discussion - 18 and older.
HeroineFanboy
Henchman
Henchman

Often mainstream comic books themselves are the source of inspiration for SHIP, not the least of which is because heroines have, on occasion, lost dramatically in the pages of their own storylines. Hence the inspiration for this post. What are this most brutal superheroine defeats you can remember from meainstream comic book storylines? The following are what comes to mind for me. (If anyone has screenshots of these comics, that would be awesome.)

1. White Magician kills Wonder Woman (Artemis) in battle in "The Challenge of Artemis."

2. Anti-Monitor kills Supergirl in battle in "Crisis on Infinite Earths."

3. Joker shoots, paralyzes and erotically photographs Batgirl in "The Killing Joke."

4. Mistress Nyx kills Vampirella in battle in "Vampirella: Death & Destruction."

Can you think of any others?
EvilBilly
Sargeant
Sargeant

I wish I could remember the issue, but in The Amazing Spider-Man Spidey's then-girlfriend Black Cat is helping him fight Dr. Octopus and his minions. During the battle Spidey rips off the Doc's mechanical arms, but Doc Ock still has mental control of them. Black Cat gets trapped by the arms, and while vulnerable gets machine-gunned by the gang. A surprisingly graphic scene for the comics (especially in the 80's). She survives the gun-down, as Spidey is able to get her to an ER in time.
EvilBilly :twisted:

"In the words of Socrates... I drank what?"
Rye
Producer
Producer

Supergirl vs Gatetea.. She doesn't die but Galetea comes really close and completely mops supergirl up.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Found these on the web and they sure look pretty brutal:

Can anyone tell the issue from which these may have come from?
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Ninja J.
Henchman
Henchman

Psylocke vs Sabretooth. Psylocke loses and damn near dies. Blackfire capturing and torturing her sister, Starfire is also quite hot.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The movie aside, I have to say when Bullseye kills Elektra.

Also, I now it doesn't hold candle, but Superman #6 came out, and features a nanotech clone of Superman BEATING Supergirl...and the art is good, so that makes it even better.
True sups comes back and ends it, but it was one of the better heroine beatdowns I've seen in RECENT comics.
jjy
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

brdiy wrote:Can anyone tell the issue from which these may have come from?
Guy Gardner #20 "Emerald Fallout 3 of 4"
ralev
Neophyte
Neophyte

Great topic.. here are a few more really hot, dramatic defeats, usually with great end shots of the heroine helpless and unconscious, her costume torn:

- Wonder Woman is badly beaten by Bizarro in Trinity
- Wonder Woman is beaten by Devastation and strung up, utterly defeated
- Polaris gets pulverized by Havok (who is controlled by Malice) in X-Factor
- Catwoman gets totally defeated by Robo Cat, her costume shredded
- Hawkgirl gets brutalized by Hawkman (unfortunately part of it is shown from his perspective and he thinks she is some monster)

Any others you know of? Keep it going!

Ralev
greenknight
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Here's two that I can think of off the top of my head.

Phantom Lady - clawed up by Cheetah and then impaled by Deathstroke (from Infinite Crisis #1).

Vampirella - wings ripped of by demons and then impaled by Nyx (from Vampirella: Death and Destruction #3).
[Sorry - just noticed that this was mentioned in the first post here. :oops:]
HeroineMark
Neophyte
Neophyte

In the mid-90's, in THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES, I remember one issue (unfortunately I can't remember the number) which pretty much consisted entirely of Lightning Lass getting her ass kicked.

That one stuck with me. :)
penerotic
Neophyte
Neophyte

I remember Elektra's death being brutal.
penerotic
Neophyte
Neophyte

Also when the Blob kills Wasp
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Wow! That blob image is really brutal....hey at least she tastes like chicken! Lol...i guess saying she taste like fish would have been over the top
greenknight
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Technically Morgan Le Fey is a super-villain, but I thought the image of Sentry flying in and tearing her head off in Dark Avengers #2 was a pretty brutal defeat. (Using magic she does come back a few panels later so the defeat was very short lived.)

lycan69
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Cammy vs. C. Viper. Skip to 1:25. The best bit starts at 1:58.

Here's one of Chun-Li getting her ass beat down Juri. Slightly less brutal and erotic as Cammy's fight.

I really wish someone would make a Chun-Li vs. Cammy mudfight vid :lol:
ralev
Neophyte
Neophyte

lycan69 wrote:

Cammy vs. C. Viper. Skip to 1:25. The best bit starts at 1:58.

Here's one of Chun-Li getting her ass beat down Juri. Slightly less brutal and erotic as Cammy's fight.

I really wish someone would make a Chun-Li vs. Cammy mudfight vid :lol:
Fantastic clips - especially Cammy getting thrashed - her body looks super hot suspended like that, thanks lycan!

Here's the Polaris defeat I mentioned before:

RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Vampirella seemed to get it pretty bad several times. There are some great scenes of her on the Sleepy Comics site. She gets her eyes cut out, gets shot a bunch of times, chained to some motorcycles and dragged down the street, ripped open by claws, etc. Never realized how much Vampi was in peril!

Can't remember the issue, but there was a FemForce comic where Yankee Girl just gets pummelled for like half the issue by one of the FemForce's main villainesses. It was pretty graphic for the time and has an image of Yankee Girl being dragged up by her hair with blood coming out of her mouth. There's even a point where her limp body is used to beat the crap out of Ms. Victory.

Another good one is a couple issues of Doom Patrol, Power Girl gets the absolute snot kicked out of her and is dropped through the skylights of Doom Patrol headquarters.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

There's a fight between Kal el and Power Girl where he beats her pretty bad.

Ont thing that erks me is that comics can have this graphic violence stuff BUT put some cheese cake in the comic and we hear complaints.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

They'd like to complain about the violence too... but it's hard to say that physical conflict isn't necessary in stories about good vs evil. It's easy to argue that anything remotely sexual is gratuitous.

BTW, the New 52 Power Girl still sucks rocks.
SupergirlLover
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

What are the most brutal defeats on video? I should ask fetish video.
One website on clips4sale had two then changed the name of the studio or something.
Supergirl vs. dark stalker, & the end of Supergirl.
First one she gets weakened beaten scratched raped & stabbed, but survives.
The Second she is weakened electrocuted then shot to death.
Are there any others?
Mr. Pantyhose Lover
Sargeant
Sargeant

penerotic wrote:I remember Elektra's death being brutal.
I read this issue back in late spring/early summer 1983. Elektra murdered by Bullseye c/o The Kingpin. That resulted in Daredevil placing Bullsey'e ass in paralisis. I wonder what went through The Kingpin's mind after when Bullseye ended up in the hospital.
Mr. Pantyhose Lover
Sargeant
Sargeant

penerotic wrote:Also when the Blob kills Wasp
After when this most sickening event happened to Wasp,who then took revenge upon The Blob?
Mr. Pantyhose Lover
Sargeant
Sargeant

greenknight wrote:Here's two that I can think of off the top of my head.

Phantom Lady - clawed up by Cheetah and then impaled by Deathstroke (from Infinite Crisis #1).

Vampirella - wings ripped of by demons and then impaled by Nyx (from Vampirella: Death and Destruction #3).
[Sorry - just noticed that this was mentioned in the first post here. :oops:]
In infinite Crisis,what were Cheetah's and Deathstroke reasons for killing Phantom lady?
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

It was the whole world was falling apart, for the most part. And the "Secret Society of Supervillains", of which both villains were a part of, were in conflict with Phantom Lady's team on this particular page. But all of the heroes were out and about for this event, trying to stop the chaos.
nemesis9
Neophyte
Neophyte

Supergirl's defeat by Maelstrom:

Maybe not excessively brutal, but significant nonetheless because:

1. Supergirl (like Superman) is rarely if ever beaten by the raw strength of her opponent.
2. Supergirl fought at full strength - no kryptonite or magic weakening her.
3. She was defeated by another woman.

Maelstrom may have killed Supergirl if Superman hadn't come to her rescue. She'd already beaten Supergirl senseless by the time Superman arrived!

This set the scene for the possibility of Maelstrom getting her hands on Supergirl again and another great fight with Supergirl likely losing. Alas the return match was a great disappointment, with Superman doing most of the work and Supergirl simply lifting Maelstrom into space and waiting for her to pass out from lack of oxygen.
dorcas2099
Neophyte
Neophyte

Not a superheroine demise, but the girlfriend of a hero.... Didn´t Kyle Rayner (green lantern)´s girlfriend was killed and get her body hidden in a fridge by Major Force in the comic?
Mr. Pantyhose Lover
Sargeant
Sargeant

I haven't read any comics in a long time. So if anyone happen to have photos of Wonder Woman being fatally demolished by White Magician,is it possible if that can be posted for everybody to see?
misterwowsers
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Brutal Supergirl takedowns, and gratuitous villain sex.

From Epic Nihil Comics

http://www.epicnihilcomics.co.nf/

Agents of Oblivion is the best Storyline so far.
Last edited by misterwowsers 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Oh the gloriously debauched, yet violently sophisticated peril! http://www.epicnihilcomics.epizy.com
misterwowsers
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

penerotic wrote:Also when the Blob kills Wasp
Heh, tastes like chicken
Oh the gloriously debauched, yet violently sophisticated peril! http://www.epicnihilcomics.epizy.com
nicholasng
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

i have to agree on STARFIRE being tormended by BLACKFIRE

thrice she tries to get free thrice she fails

in same issues goddess xhal tries to free herself from bondagr on part of her fidels.i like her lines of despondence