New Website -- Flying Superheroes

General discussions about superheroines!
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Hey guys!

I should have done this a very long time ago, but I finally have a website created, Flying Superheroes

http://www.flyingsuperheroes.com

I am not a superheroine video producer and the site is not to promote any particular productions per se. Rather, I am just trying to promote the visual effects projects I have done over the years for various producers, and maybe even generate some new business from the site.

If you are a producer who doesn't have the ability, time, or patience to create SPFX shots for your production, or even if you are just someone who has enjoyed FX shots I have created, please take a moment to visit the site.

I would really appreciate it.
www.flyingsuperheroes.com - please contact me for your editing, and visual and audio effects needs.

"Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are....and, I'm a genius!"
Rye
Producer
Producer

Rklein does great work! Highly recommended!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

On your site:

You should list the producers you've done stuff for. It'll add to your cred, especially in this genre, for people to know you've done stuff for Rye, etc.

In the industry, what you're doing are visual fx, so abbreviated VFX. SPFX are real stuff shot by camera: actually filming real fire, real explosions, blowing up small scale models, etc.

The "If you are a producer who doesn't have the ability, time, or patience to create..." should be stricken from your pitch!

Other than that, seems like you're off to a good start.

:cap:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

theScribbler wrote:On your site:

The "If you are a producer who doesn't have the ability, time, or patience to create..." should be stricken from your pitch!

Other than that, seems like you're off to a good start.

:cap:
As a former advertising copywriter with 30 years in the industry, I humbly disagree with Scribbler. I think that sentence is a dead-on marketing statement to your prime prospect. You may consider adding the word "desire" in there somewhere, since some producers don't have the desire to create effects.

I do think you might be limiting your appeal with the site name since you do so much more than flying effects. "Putting the Super in Superheroes" is more like it! Maybe a tag line?

Anyway, your stuff is amazing, especially that killer pheremone dust effect. Good luck.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I know sweet FA about this, but I like what I have seen of your stuff and so whilst I can't offer any practical advice about how to do this, I can wish you good luck with your endeavour.
I hope it works out for you.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Thank you do much for your words of encouragement, guys! I really appreciate it.

Scribbler, a special thanks to you for your words. I did not know there was any real difference between 'SPFX' and 'VFX,' but I appreciate your explanation and have edited the site to reflect.
www.flyingsuperheroes.com - please contact me for your editing, and visual and audio effects needs.

"Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are....and, I'm a genius!"
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Over the past few days I have also added names of two of the producers I have worked with (Rye and MH), and I'm trying to come up with a good catch phrase for the homepage.

Hopefully it makes some small difference.

rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Thanks to the actions of a certain "customer", it seems I am going to have to change my policy and business practices.

My primary goal in doing VFX work has always been providing really good effects scenes, but there was also the expectation that in the end I would receive compensation for my time and effort. (Admittedly, this position has required a degree of faith and trust on my part that customers would come through in the end and do the fair thing.) My policy of trust has always worked -- until now.

Two weeks ago I was given a job of adding a bunch of visual effects to a production - which I did - but I never received payment or communication of any type once the job was completed.

I am quite sure the person who screwed me over is a forum member on this site, but names need not be named or fingers pointed. I'm sure it would be very difficult to match up the email contact I have with the right forum handle, and I have better things to do with my time. I have no one to blame but myself for how the situation developed and I am not going to waste a lot of time worrying about it now.

I certainly hope it will not discourage anyone from contacting me for special effects shots, but from now on once a price for FX work is agreed upon, I will ask for a small deposit up front.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

That's a crappy way to treat someone. I hope it's just a glitch or something. :sad:
Even shittier if it's from a member here. :weep:
Hope you aren't discouraged by this in your new venture - remember 'One arsewipe Doth not a community make'. ;)

By the God of Special Effects (aka Ray Harryhausen) I hope you get Justice (with a capital 'J' no less!) ;)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

It's ok, I'm not discouraged. In fact - after years of no new material posted, I finally have been motivated to start working hard at FX shots again and have a new finished FX clip. Hopefully I will post on YouTube this weekend.

At least this happened early on and I learned my lesson.

CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

@RKlein: that's an awesome avatar... the VFX look great :) :)
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

rklein wrote:Thanks to the actions of a certain "customer", it seems I am going to have to change my policy and business practices.

My primary goal in doing VFX work has always been providing really good effects scenes, but there was also the expectation that in the end I would receive compensation for my time and effort. (Admittedly, this position has required a degree of faith and trust on my part that customers would come through in the end and do the fair thing.) My policy of trust has always worked -- until now.

Two weeks ago I was given a job of adding a bunch of visual effects to a production - which I did - but I never received payment or communication of any type once the job was completed.

I am quite sure the person who screwed me over is a forum member on this site, but names need not be named or fingers pointed. I'm sure it would be very difficult to match up the email contact I have with the right forum handle, and I have better things to do with my time. I have no one to blame but myself for how the situation developed and I am not going to waste a lot of time worrying about it now.

I certainly hope it will not discourage anyone from contacting me for special effects shots, but from now on once a price for FX work is agreed upon, I will ask for a small deposit up front.
Is there any way you could present customers with a heavily-watermarked version of the finished product to show that the work is complete and then send the clean version after you receive payment?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Yes, that a good idea.

I suppose that is also an option I'll have to consider.

kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

rklein wrote:Thanks to the actions of a certain "customer", it seems I am going to have to change my policy and business practices.

Oh no...Somebody besides yourself deserves ALL the blame for that! Your "customer" is a crook. I admire your willingness to take the high road regarding this, I know I'd struggle to do so.