Los Angeles Producers

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Hello,

I'm working on a networking campaign with producers/directors of this content (of any rating) who are local to Los Angeles. If you are a filmmaker in LA and would like to discuss a business opportunity, please reach out to me.

This is for filmmakers who are looking to produce Superheroine Peril content, but do not have the means/financing to do so on their own. I will be co-producing on set all initial films, then will let you take the reigns afterward. Look forward to speaking with you soon!

**this will fall under the Rapture Entertainment, LLC umbrella.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

To the forum:

DO NOT sign any contracts that you don't understand. Always have a lawyer look over the contract, explain it to you, make recommendations to you regarding it, so you can make an informed decision.

I couldn't give an F*#% if this established habitual liar calls me tool or whatever. The above advice is sound no matter what he says, and if he's against it, he's hiding something.

This has been a public service post.

See also...

http://superheroineforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=22955

:bh:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Scribbler brings up a valid set of points. Just be careful on what you sign up for, and who you agree to do business with. It's never a bad idea to read all the fine print to make sure you won't regret it later. That's just good business sense.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

@Shakeshift - Absolutely! Scribbler does have a very valid point, which should be a given and any intelligent business professional should/would always read contracts prior to agreeing to anything. Contracts are put in place to ensure that everyone is covered when coming together in a work environment. Our lawyers ensure that we are covered in any agreement we go into and we would assume any other producer/business professional would do the same with theirs. Just basic business sense to most ;)

~Kristina
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote:@Shakeshift - Absolutely! Scribbler does have a very valid point, which should be a given and any intelligent business professional should/would always read contracts prior to agreeing to anything. Contracts are put in place to ensure that everyone is covered when coming together in a work environment. Our lawyers ensure that we are covered in any agreement we go into and we would assume any other producer/business professional would do the same with theirs. Just basic business sense to most ;)

~Kristina
Yep, I have valid points. I had valid points last time too.

You can say it 'should be a given,' but for lots of people it isn't. It is not 'basic business sense to most.' Ergo my post.

But good to hear you have business sense and lawyers. So now that you're getting into adult content, what have your lawyers told you about the law: 18 USC 2257. The compliance notice is not on your site now, but I'm sure you'll have one on the site when you launch, and I'm sure it's on all your videos, (required by law) but having not purchased any, I wouldn't know.

And don't forget the 18 USC 2257 record keeping requirements. I agree with anyone that thinks it's a lousy guilty-before-proven-innocent kind of law, but you know, the gov sometimes sucks! It's pretty much the one reason I didn't go into live action superheroine adult content on my own.

:ybat:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

@Scribbler - yes, when we jumped in alongside Jason last year, his main concern was to make sure everything was 100% in compliance with the adult industry, so we luckily already have experience with all of the laws and the form 2257 as his actors had to fill those out alongside production contracts. All of our actors locked into the project are all up to speed in every legal way necessary. It's very sweet of you to be so thorough in telling us what we as a company need to be sure we are doing, but I can assure you we have a good grasp on it - our lawyers are pretty legally versed and are very good at telling us what we need as a company ;)
~ Kristina