Best Superheroine Model Of The Year 2013 - Vote Now!

General discussions about superheroines!

Best Superheroine Model Of The Year 2013

Cayla Black
2%
Brit
1%
Callie Calypso
3%
CandleBoxxx
1%
Cassidy
7%
Christina Carter
20%
CJ The Model
2%
Claire V
4%
Tiffany Chase
8%
Jayden Cole
5%
Emma G.
3%
Kristin Ige
0%
Melissa Jacobs
0%
Sarah Jain
0%
Kendra James
3%
Rahyndee James
1%
Tracy Jordan (BatTracy)
2%
Jacky Joy
No votes
Addie Juniper
No votes
Paris Kennedy
1%
Aisling Knight
3%
Diana Knight
1%
Kelly Kula
1%
Cali Logan
4%
Bella Luciano
1%
Randi Moore
8%
Hannah Perez
2%
Vivian Ireene Pierce
2%
J.C. Simpson
No votes
Sinn Sage
0%
Siri
No votes
Angela Sommers
4%
Rachel Steele
1%
Stella/Starli
1%
Miki Sunohara
No votes
Danica Thrall
5%
Tomiko
No votes
Kenna Valentina
1%
Hollie Winnard
2%
Nikki Lee Young
2%

Total votes: 264
JWeathers
Producer
Producer

sugarcoater wrote:My suggestion is just a response to the post mentioning the sudden change in regard to one--and only one--person's sudden jump in numbers on the last day after a week of dormancy (based on what I read in previous posts). It would seem odd if someone had but 2 or 3 votes for six days, then suddenly they receive 20 votes on the seventh day. If there was a sudden jump in voting all around, then it would make sense. But to just have one person's numbers suddenly shoot up does seem as though there was an advertising push on behalf of just one person.
Under normal circumstances, I think you would be correct, although in this case, I think it was my post that caused the surge. It certainly wasn't Christina, because she honestly didn't even know about this before yesterday night. But the people that look at my work like the Batgirl movie I did last year, are also big O-girl fans... hence...
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would also add to my previous post that I'm a fan of just about all the names mentioned, so it's not as if I have an issue with whoever is chosen--they're all beautiful women who make damn fine superheroine models :)
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
JWeathers
Producer
Producer

Folks the only way you are going to get a result based on some sort of industry merit system would be to have an awards thing that only certain people can vote. But then who are those people? Just producers vote for producers, models for models, etc? How would you know that the producers have actually seen other people's work? This is the inherent problem with this sort of poll/award thing. At least the people nominated in this poll were actually currently working and are being judged on work they did in 2013. If you want to see a RIDICULOUS award thing, go look at the Bondage Awards that just ended a month or so ago. People were nominated (and some won) that hadn't even worked in years.

Unfortunately, there really isn't a good way to do this sort of thing. An open system is going to bring in someone who is going to want to stuff the ballot box (for either purely fan based reasons, or even more nefarious ones). This is why I normally don't even participate in these things. Regardless of the outcome, someone is going to be pissed about it. I'm sure it was me mentioning this that got a bunch of people voting for Christina (and Randy and Angela Sommers). That is just because those people know my stuff and are fans of Christina, Randy and Angela from the superheroine productions I have done with them.

At least these people are actively working in the superheroine field and aren't out of left field. It may not be who you think should win, but then again, What one person thinks, or doesn't, doesn't really mean much. I like the fact that people have to register for this forum to vote. Maybe it will bring more people here and there can be more voices in the mix. That is always a good thing.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

JWeathers wrote: At least the people nominated in this poll were actually currently working and are being judged on work they did in 2013. If you want to see a RIDICULOUS award thing, go look at the Bondage Awards that just ended a month or so ago. People were nominated (and some won) that hadn't even worked in years.
(My all time favourite for ridiculous awards was when UK band Pulp won 'Best British Newcomer' at the BRIT music awards in the '90s. They had been together something like 14 years and it was their 17th album... :laugh: )

I personally think the current system is fine for what it is - just a nod of respect to those in the industry who work hard and do good output.
As long as fraudulent voting is monitored and stopped as best you are able, I think its fine to let anyone who drops by to say who they prefer.
Its not as if we are voting for a new secretary general of the U.N. (BUT if we did, Callie Calypso gets my vote - she's way better looking than Ban Ki Moon, Kofi Annan, Butros Butros Gali and anyone else they've ever elected. :yes:)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I couldn't help it. I had to vote for amerigana (CC). :yahoo:
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Might be an idea to break up the votes by rookies, active duty, elder members, millenium members (and whatever other member divisions I'm missing). You know, so people can laugh at the rookies misguidedness and also marvel at the wisdom of the elder members! (just kidding!)

:joker:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
JWeathers
Producer
Producer

theScribbler wrote:Might be an idea to break up the votes by rookies, active duty, elder members, millenium members (and whatever other member divisions I'm missing). You know, so people can laugh at the rookies misguidedness and also marvel at the wisdom of the elder members! (just kidding!)

:joker:
That sounds great, just as long as I still get to use my cane! :laugh:
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Dudes, we are talking about fetish models. It is a popularity contest. And each one has a right to let there audience know that they are nominated in the contest. Anyone producer or model can pack the house with their fans. OTOH, they are packing the house. If you want a moribund, empty room where the few people present totally agree with you, by all means restrict participation (see Yahoo.groups)

Models and producers hang out here because they can market their wears, same thing with twitter, facebook and any other social media site. You might be a fan of someone's product, but hey, its a product. Christina Carter is a hugely popular model doing videos in a variety of genres. If she wins, she deserves it. All the producers and models have a level playing field. The ones that want to win are free to draw their fans to the Forum. If you to make a banner and crown your favorite queen of the Universe, knock yourself out. I am not sure why you wouldn't want a huge name like BondageCafe advertising this forum. Its like Bill Gates putting an advertisement for his dry-cleaners on the start-up page of Windows, this site is getting a big push in recognition.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Perhaps the best way to decide on what the voting should be and how to go about conducting it would be to state the purpose in the creation of the poll in the first place. What is the objective in having someone "crowned"?

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

Deceiver
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

kendrajames wrote:How does one vote? What am I missing?
You click on the bullet hole adjacent to the model's name. Then click on the submit button (or whatever it says) at the bottom. Shouldn't be too difficult to work out for a superheroine...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

kendrajames wrote:How does one vote? What am I missing?
If all you can see is the percentages each actress has, then you have already voted, otherwise as said above just click on the button alongside the name.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
fog
Henchman
Henchman

The one and only Danica Thrall always gets my vote
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

kendrajames wrote:Apparently I already voted...
Who you voted for should show as a highlighted name in the poll.

steve66
Neophyte
Neophyte

voting for christina carter she is a great wonder woman
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok,.so I gave this some thought while I was away and I decided to take a page from our own governing system and apply that here.

Tell me what you think.

I'm thinking there will be 2 polls. An "electorate" which would comprise of members of this board. Newly registered voters would be ineligible. That would form one half of the voting system. The 2nd would be the popular vote which would mean anyone who came and placed a vote, member or not. Voting would be restricted to unique IP addresses.
Then the results of the 2 would be combined with a simple weighting system. Maybe a multiplier of .5 on the popular vote or perhaps .75 , I haven't really thought that part out yet. I think this would add a little more validation to the poll. After all, the point is to try and get an accurate accounting of each category.

I also feel that if a model is popular and has a lot of fans that vote for said model, then the results would be fairly accurate by favoring her in the voting.
Anyway, let me know your thoughts.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Voting is so unfair. Maybe we should take a page from modern education and just give every model a gold star no matter what. Ranking is hurtful and discriminatory. Ability should not matter. That's just another way to be biased. Instead, all should win cause, after all, one person's good performance is another person's bad performance.

When all the colors are the same you only need one crayon in the box.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

MightyHypnotic @hyponlinemedia wrote: Anyway, let me know your thoughts.
If at all possible I would like to mention how we handled this when we tried doing this a few years ago.
We created a nominations page for each category. then allowed people to nominate anyone they wanted. then after 2 weeks of nominations we would create a poll for members to choose.

the way we kept models from doing the whole "vote for me" thing on social media was to restrict new membership starting the day before nominations. no new members meant that that they couldn't hit twitter and Facebook and ask for fans to join and vote. this carried through to the voting so no new members allowed for 3-4 weeks. it kept the voting honest throughout the board because only registered members before the nominations could vote.

As for those who are longtime embers but don't like to post we understood that we were taking away their voice during nominations so we created a way to have the members PM their nominations privately. this was shared with three forum members that were senior members and in some cases were also moderators. this kept anyone from crying foul. because there were three or four people who also received the PM nominations.
Tramnyn
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

No system is perfect and even if you found the perfect system there will always be complaints about it.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

What's the purpose of doing this? Just a somewhat fun thing to do? Or to be somehow informative about rewarding outstanding works and genre talent?
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think you just answered your own question. Yes, and yes.

Personally I like to try to make it as open and honest as possible. There's no agenda, just some fun and a chance to give props to the best of 2013. And we'll do it again in 2014 with more categories and a little better presentation.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

MightyHypnotic @hyponlinemedia wrote:I think you just answered your own question. Yes, and yes.

Personally I like to try to make it as open and honest as possible. There's no agenda, just some fun and a chance to give props to the best of 2013. And we'll do it again in 2014 with more categories and a little better presentation.
Personally, I think what you did was fine. There was a poll. Everyone had a chance to submit to it. Those who did cast their vote. Those who didn't went unheard - their fault. There's no unfairness to it. If each person can cast one vote and that's it, then there's the popular vote. That's how these things go. I don't think anything was wrong with the way it was done. Thread. Post. Poll. Vote. Results. Done and done. :)
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

What is the problem with one person winning? If Taylor Swift goes on a Talk show her internet hits skyrocket. She releases an album her numbers soar. Any model above can release a video and mention this contest and get 20 or 30 votes. Jim Weathers mentioned the pole on his website and the numbers for his productions and his popular model soared. That's not cheating. There is nothing to fix. Many of those voters may not stick around, but a few will. some might already be lurkers. But the insinuation of their vote being worth less or they being interlopers is ridiculous.

If Mylie Cyrus pops her titties out (again), her numbers will shoot past Taylor's. This is the internet, CC has built a huge following of bondage fans. She has done plenty of Superheroine fetish work. If she (or one of her producers) can attract an additional 40+ voters to participate, then she wins fair and square. Half the models on that list may be completely unaware of this contest or don't really care. If you want them to promote the contest so they win, send them an e-mail, but CC posts on this forum as does JW. If they win, they win and they both would deserve it.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I thought what waswbrioene earlier about only allowing members who had already joined to vote. Once the voting opens, no new members may vote. That makes a lot of sense if the concern is the social media used by a model or fan(s) of a model. Otherwise, all we have is a measure of each model's social media influence and reach. A new model who has yet to establish herself wouldn't stand a chance compared to a model who had years of fans following her social media accounts.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

Christina Carter
Producer
Producer

Wow...drama drama!!! I didn't even know there was a poll till Jim text me and told me I was in the lead for SH of the year of 2013.
Which I replied...wait what??? You mean 2014?? Nope. Last years voting has finally started.
All I did was post what was going on via my website journal and twitter.
I'm way too busy to ask my friends to vote for me, and I find that a little strange anyway. I like a clean vote.
If you wanted only previous forum members to vote...I wish you would have said that... I would not have said a word. But, now I am sure you have a few more members on this forum to talk to... my fault I guess.

Anyway, I didn't even know there was drama over her until Saturday night when I was at Jim's for a Birthday celebration. Yes people, I am that busy working on videos for YOU.

Christina

PS... I am looking at all these girls you are posting about... I would love to hire them.
Custom Requests or Feedback
Christina@ChristinaBound

Official Christina Carter Websites
http://www.christinabound.com
http://www.clips4sale.com/38975
http://www.clips4sale.com/60717

Follow Me on Twitter: @ChristinaBound
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I wouldn't say there is any drama, just an interesting discussion as to the criteria by which we would conduct this poll, as well as the purpose for the poll (as that would affect the manner in which the voting would occur). It's just a friendly debate.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MightyHypnotic @hyponlinemedia wrote:I think you just answered your own question. Yes, and yes.

I was meaning to reply to your ideas for 2014, not about 2013, but I guess that wasn't clear. My fault.

Also unclear is that I was trying to draw a distinction between a somewhat fun general public popularity awards like the People's Choice awards, and a somewhat more knowledgable base of voters like industry insiders who vote for the Oscars. But now that I think about it more, it doesn't really matter and a Superheroine's Forum Choice type awards is fine.

Don't know about the x.5 multiplier for some people's votes. Seems unneeded extra work unless you can automate it easily. I would just keep the "electorate" (though I'd call it something else) and the popular vote separate. Like some mags have awards and have 'editor's choice' picks separate from magazine voters picks.

I look forward to voting for 2014's Most Painful Looking Crotchrope Scene! :joker:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
LoneStarDamsels
Producer
Producer

2013 was a pretty crappy year....on many fronts

Jim Weathers - you take pretty pictures - kudos for those. Your videos...not so good.

I always shot what I loved and felt - don't need to make a buck doing this - just had a great time doing it.

Love all the crappy knock off Batgirl costumes.

About to come out with what has always driven me to shoot this genre - LONG before the copycats did.

You will either hate it- or love it. Doesn't matter to me - going to have a blast doing it!

Still waiting to see something amazing
JWeathers
Producer
Producer

LoneStarDamsels wrote:2013 was a pretty crappy year....on many fronts

Jim Weathers - you take pretty pictures - kudos for those. Your videos...not so good.
Well, it's good to know that I at least take pretty pictures. I'll work on the video production part.
Tuathal
Henchman
Henchman

JWeathers wrote:
LoneStarDamsels wrote:2013 was a pretty crappy year....on many fronts

Well, it's good to know that I at least take pretty pictures. I'll work on the video production part.
You've come a long way since "Trapped in Time". As far as I'm concerned you make the best Superheroine vids in the business.